What is the worst game you own?

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Beach Life

It is the worse management sim I have ever played. (And I used to be an absolute addict of management sims, so I've played a lot of them!) The only good thing about it is the box art. Apart from that, it fails in pretty much every way. Slow, buggy, difficult for no good reason, and completely linear. Every mission is the same, and every mission takes real, actual, literal DAYS!

I think it may have killed my second hamster (and possibly a close aunt). It is that bad.

Hazmattuxedo2404

Aug 30, 2011
shadow the hedgehog, The thing is I don't even remember buying it. I think it just appeared one day like hell shat. As to why I hate it its just too hard to explain (think metal bolts in your hip)

Valdus

Apr 7, 2011
Mass Effect

Not trying to bait or anything, it's just a game I can't seem to get into, and considering every other game I own (even awful ones) I've been able to play for longer, I have to say ME. It's just...i don't know what it is I don't like about it.

Red Mammoth

Sep 2, 2011
Alone in the Dark. (2008 release)

Installed it, waited an hour for the patch to download, played it for 15 minutes and then gave up on my belief that there is any good in the world. Which is disappointing because it had so many ideas that seemed good on paper.

I install it again every now and then just to see if it could possibly change my mind. In fact, I think it's that time of year again.

DarthFennec

May 27, 2010
I don't buy games unless I've tried them before, and I know they're good ...

There was only ever one exception to that.

The worst game I own in Okamiden. My absolute favorite game of all time is Okami, so I was psyched for the sequel, and all the reviews were pretty good so I figured I'd just buy it, I mean how bad could it possibly be? Boy was I wrong.

Okamiden is ... pretty horrid. In the original Okami, you play as a goddess in the form of a wolf, and you have your annoying Navi character, Issun, following you around everywhere, but he isn't too terribly annoying; he actually sort of grows on you over the course of the game. That sort of thing can't happen in Okamiden though, because you have multiple Navi characters, and they keep switching out, so you never get a chance to get used to any of them. Also, each has his own abilities that you have to use to solve puzzles, so you need one in particular in any given area, and the game has to keep coming up with increasingly more contrived reasons for the proper one to be there, so it starts feeling like there's a bad soap opera playing out on your back. And of course, all the characters are utterly unlikable, all being complete morons or totally full of themselves. No personality, terrible dialogue, I just want to kick them off and go it alone. But alas, you need them for the puzzles ...

That's a big problem too. A big reason Okami is my favorite game of all time is because they really pulled the "goddess" thing off quite well. You feel all-powerful, and utterly significant compared to everyone around you, but it doesn't get in the way of the gameplay or make it less challenging. Even Issun is just there to hitch a ride and try to learn more about your godlike abilities, rather than being a leader or sage or anything like that. He doesn't even get in the way or give much advice, there are Travel Guides to do that instead. In Okamiden, you depend on whoever's riding you at the time, constantly. And they're always giving advice. And they never ever stop talking. You aren't allowed to solve any of the puzzles on your own because your rider is constantly holding your hand and telling you exactly how to solve it, even if it's something obvious they have to explain it to you. That's the biggest problem with this game, is the hand-holding.

Another gigantic problem with Okamiden is the terrible blatant padding. Imagine this scenario: Let's say you're halfway through a dungeon. You walk into a room. There's a circle of lightning in your way, so you try to find a way around it, a switch to turn it off or something. But suddenly, for no apparent reason, you're whisked off into a cutscene that puts you somewhere completely different, and you have to climb a cloud mountain or something, because it's there I suppose. At the top of the cloud mountain, after a dumb minigame of some sort, someone randomly gives you a card that will let you walk through lightning without getting hurt. You get cutscened back down to where you were, in the room in the dungeon with the circle of lightning. You go through it ... and apparently, the lightning was "too powerful", so even though you got through without a scratch, the lightning card is destroyed and is now totally useless. A single-use item, obtained in a place you can only ever visit once, immediately before you use the item. This actually happens in Okamiden, and many many more scenes like it. If it weren't for all the padding from this game, it would be about half an hour long, I swear to god.

Also the controls, graphics, and loading times are all horrible. I suppose that's to be expected on the DS, but Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks pulled it off alright so I expected Okamiden to be able to handle it. The boss fights are unimaginative and not fun at all. The best thing about the game might have been the time travel bit, but they only included that in the first place as more padding so it's really a wasted effort. Everything about this game sucks.

Daimon117

Sep 15, 2010
Trezu said:
GTA4, i found that game so bad. Driving is wonky and weird. Gunplay is shocking and confusing.
You ever tried Saints Row 2 driving? It's like driving a well greased banana peel on an oil slick it's so terrible.

Rheinmetall

May 13, 2011
I can't decide for the winner, we have a tie. Alone in the Dark (2008 release) and Tomb Raider: Underworld, both for the PS2: and other many more which I usually trade them, but these two I kept them for ever in my collection, to remind me that I must be more careful when I choose to buy a game. The reason why I consider them as the worst games of my collection is that eventhough they ought to have taken advantage of the modern gaming systems advantages, instead they appeared worse than some releases as early as of 2001, titles that were created in the beginning of the life of this gaming system. They were glitchy as hell- probably none bothered to test if they work, and above all, extremely dull in terms of game-play action.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
I brought it pre-owned, played it for 5 minutes, zapped all my energy, felt ripped-off.

This may because I had the Xbox version in which case I may have get the PC version.

Tesral

Jul 19, 2011
There are crappy games, and then...

magicaxis

Aug 14, 2008
Alone in the bloody dark. I have tried to like that game 4 times, and each time I make it to the park i quit, cos the controls are SO BAD

swenson

Sep 5, 2009
I'm cheap, so I'm usually really picky about the games I buy. That being said, I own the PC version of Two Worlds that I bought as a joke so I could mock it for a friend. It was just as awful as expected. The story is nonsensical as early as the very first few cutscenes, the characters are unlikable, and the graphics are awful for the time when it came out.

And then there's the horseriding... I swear that's what I remember most from that game, the AWFUL horseriding. You'd be like riding along at a full gallop and just barely touch the key to stop, and the horse would slide to a halt instantly on its haunches. You do that to a real horse, it'll either kill you or die before it does it again!

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Dead or Alive:Extreme Beach Volleyball(Xbox)

Hell it barely even qualifies as a game.The only good thing about it is it didn't cost me anything

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
I own Sniper. The real title on the box reads Snajper which probably means sniper in some other language. The game is hilariously bad(your guy seems to be a professional assassin who gets caught in the first in game mission which is followed by a pathetic jail break). The game tries to blend RPG mechanics and FPS mechanics but the is marred by UI issues. The graphics are also rather abysmal with poor animations and all.
For all its faults, its rather unknown(the title is very hard to google too) but the last time I read the reviews, they were rather poor.

I also own a retail copy of Limbo of the Lost. Yes, THE Limbo of the Lost.

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
Army of Two. My boyfriend and I love to indulge in a bit of FPS co-opage from time to time and a friend recommended it. Everything about it was bad, but the horrific dialogue and hideous pimping options for the guns really took the mick. It's so awful that we couldn't bear to play it all the way through, but at the same time we wanted to see how bad it got later on, so we recruited another friend we were living with at the time and the three of us took it in turns to watch the other two play it. We made it bearable by means of constant mockery.

To add insult to injury, when we tried to trade it in it turned out that we'd only get 1p for it. One. Penny. Although in hindsight that's pretty funny.

Safe to say I'll politely ignore any future recommendations from that friend :p