What is the WORST, most dislikable personality trait a person can have?

diligentscribbler

Oct 22, 2013
I'm sick of cynicism and irony.

So many people just love feeling clever, ironic and post modern for refusing to have any wonder or joy and they revel in squashing the joys or beliefs of others. And they talk in references, never making jokes or actually thinking just referring to other things that shows how cynical,i ironic and entrenched in pop culture they are.

You know the people who always ready to tell you why anything you love is stupid and shallow.

Jan 27, 2011
Arrogance.

I can't stand people who think they're better than everyone else just by virtue of being alive, and lord themselves over everyone else for EVERYTHING.

They irritate the !@#$ out of me.

Oh, and bonus points if they have a drawling kind of voice that makes it feel like they're constantly talking down to you like you're some kind of moron and they're God.

I've known a few people like that. I hated all of them. >: (

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
Someone Depressing said:
They're egotistical. Honestly, there's nothing worse than an egotistical asshole who thinks they're king of the world.

Don't believe me?

But... but I am the king of the world... I made my own crown and everything! :D

OT: I loathe people with a Martyr complex, particularly when you have to work with one. We've all been there right? Sharing an office with someone who thinks they work so much harder than everyone else, is always complaining that they are completely undervalued and unappreciated and whatever difficult situation someone has going on, they can top it.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Hypersensitivity. As in people that flip their shit over every (imaginary) slight.

Person 1: That's it. I'm never going to the amusement park again.
Person 2: Ok, I'll bite. Why aren't going to go to the amusement park?
Person 1: Because, they were giving away free ice cream.
Person 2: Free ice cream? What about this free ice cream?
Person 1: It was vanilla. You know I only ever eat chocolate ice cream.
Person 2: So, just because they were giving away free ice cream that happens to be the most popular flavor out of all the patrons, you think it's a personal insult to you that they didn't cater to your particular taste?
Person 1: Exactly.
Person 2: Yea, maybe the amusement park is better off without you.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Laziness mainly. There's a guy at work that only washes about once a week, never washes his hands, hardly ever washes his uniform, never cleans up after himself, never helps anyone else out, all due to the fact that he is just plain fucking lazy.

I'm lazy, won't deny it. But I keep myself clean, I keep my clothes clean, I clean up my mess and I help my colleges when they need it, and not just because they ask.

I kid you not, the Captcha wants me to type "clean hands".

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
SecretNegative said:
Passive aggressive, fucking every single obnoxious **** who 's passive aggressive. I just can't stand it.

Bad temper and a huge ego are character flaws that can make a more fun character and at the very least enjoyable to sit through, someone who's passive aggressive just sucks the life out of everything.
But that's the beauty of it.

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
I want to say Passive aggressive so bad... like SO BAD but I only want to say it because it is my only for of being aggressive at all, given that I will say dishonesty towards one' self. For instance saying you like something you hat or saying you hate something you like. The mere revelation becomes expediently harmful to relations on both the say you love but hate or say you hat but love directions that I think any long or even moderate term or intensity relationship will suffer from such a lie. P.S. This is why nerds/geeks are the best EVER!!

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
hmmm I dont know...I think needlessly bringing others down, there was this "freind" I had in high school whom our personalitys clashed...she could be mean, and because I was insecure I simply took her meaness lying down...I'd talk about things I find interesting or the WORST thing shed do if I disagreed with her and tried to argue she's just shut me down and make me out to me out to be stupid "OH MY GOD VAULT NO ONE CARES, JUST SHUT UP" (when I probably had a point) that kind of meaness mixed with ignorance/being dumb is just a bad combo

also attempts to make yourself seem smart and self important, cynacsm is often a tool

the thing about cynacism is its a very easy veiw to take, as it protects you from criticism, and by being the deliverer of criticism you elevate yourself to the position of clearly having better taste than others and clearly being "right" unliek those fools who dare feel emotions

DANEgerous said:
. P.S. This is why nerds/geeks are the best EVER!!
I dont see how nerds/geeks are exempt from passive agressivness

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
Disliking others is a pretty bad trait to have. I think all people can be accepted with a little patience.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
Arrogance. Nothing is worse than an insufferable fuckwit who goes around thinking he/she is the absolute best at whatever the fuck they think they're so great at.

Its even worse when they're right, and they know it.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Probably just general narcissism for me. Pride is a good thing, but when you can't see yourself as ever being wrong and, when right or wrong, insist on shoving your self appointed superiority in others faces it just always rubs me the wrong way.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Someone Depressing said:
They're egotistical. Honestly, there's nothing worse than an egotistical asshole who thinks they're king of the world.

Don't believe me?

Especially when they have NUMBERS OF DIRTY CRAPPED BRIEFS!

Anyway, I'll admit, I am guilty of stuff like passive aggressiveness. Mainly on the internet, because I know I'll get my ass kicked for acting like that in real life. So, I can't really criticize people who do that without feeling like a hypocrite. :/

The kind of personality trait that probably bugs me the most is intolerance towards others. My grandmother's second husband is an extremely right winged man and he would go on and on about how terrible Muslims in general are. Calling them cockroaches and how the places they live at need to be stamped out.

How my grandmother puts up with him, I have no idea. She's probably one of the kindest people I know.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Willful ignorance. It's one thing to just not know any better. It's quite another to not know any better and be determined to never learn.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Someone Depressing said:

Don't believe me?
is that the sonichu guy? whats the story there?

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
madwarper said:
Hypersensitivity. As in people that flip their shit over every (imaginary) slight.

Person 2: So, just because they were giving away free ice cream that happens to be the most popular flavor out of all the patrons, you think it's a personal insult to you that they didn't cater to your particular taste?
HOLY SHIT. I seriously love this analogy. If you don't mind, I'm using this everytime someone flips their shit because some form of media doesn't have enough _____________ characters in it (take your pick of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, etc.). Hats off to you.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
madwarper said:

I see what your doing here...

this is fun, I'll do one too

Person 1: I'm not going to that ice cream store
Person 2: why not?
Person 1: because they only serve vanilla
Person 2: so?
Person 1: so I'm sick of Vanilla
Person:2: but everyone likes vanilla, its the most popular flavour
Person 1: well I'm still sick of Vanilla...its all they serve! I want chocolate mabye banana
Person 2: oh I understand...so why do you hate poeple who like Vanilla ice cream?
Person 1: what?
Person 2: yeah, why do you hate vanilla ice cream and want to take it away and force everyone to eat chocloate?
Person 1: I didn't say that...I just think the ice cream store would do well to offer more falvours
Person 2: so now youre dictating what a buiness can or can;t do!?
Person 1: well I know plenty of people who love chocolate...
Person 2: WHY CAN'T YOU JUST HAVE VANILLA AND BE HAPPY WITH THAT WHY DO YOU HATE VANILLA ICE CREAM?
Person 1: oh for fucks sake....I'm just going to put my own oreos in my ice cream...

Ihateregistering1 said:
HOLY SHIT. I seriously love this analogy. If you don't mind, I'm using this everytime someone flips their shit because some form of media doesn't have enough _____________ characters in it (take your pick of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, etc.). Hats off to you.
please tell me your not serious...it was a terrible anaolgy...

Darkbladex96

Jan 25, 2011
I don't like people being preachy cunts about morality. I'm a shitty person, yeah I know. You telling me and pointing it out isn't going to make me want to change. Honestly, I don't think anything will make me change. You're just blowing hot air.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
WouldYouKindly said:
Willful ignorance. It's one thing to just not know any better. It's quite another to not know any better and be determined to never learn.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner. The only thing that pisses me off more than someone who is willfully ignorant is someone who believes that those who know better are "too smart". I mean seriously I actually got into a heated argument with my parents after I told them that vaccines don't cause autism, not because I was wrong but because they don't like being corrected.