What is your all time favorite NES title?

telocaster

Aug 12, 2011
For me, it is the original Castlevania. It was challenging but it was not impossible. Plus the boss fights were also very challenging.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Well, if you really must know...

Strangely enough, I sometimes use the bads of this game (The System) in certain RPG plots.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Contra, or Probotector as it was known over here in Europe.

Nothing beat blasting those huge bosses in co-op with my little brother :)

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
Mario 3 has to be up there somewhere, that game was pretty damn fantastic for it's time. I'd also like to say zelda, but that doesn't really hold up at all nowadays.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
In terms of retro Nintendo games (barring the most wellknown ones like Metroid and Mario) probably Balloon Fight, it's simple and the movements is pretty smooth, you're not really limited to the cardinal directions and can even go at a slight cornerways thing.

River City Ransom on the other hand was just...confusing and hard, all i remember was getting past some factory and ending up in some town with a Spa inside, for really old games, reading an FAQ could ruin the journey of it due to learning potentially beneficial bugs instead of uncovering them yourself.

Also, The Moon, which is strange for a soundtrack to hear straight away as one of the potential stages you could start at, instead of some final world music.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Why Final fantasy of course ! It was the game that got me into gaming ! That's why i have followed ( not liked) Everything they have done. And played every Final fantasy game released in Canada.

This music fills me with so much nostalgia !

Najos

Aug 4, 2008
I had a love/hate relationship with this game..

I just remember trying to beat it sooooo many times. My brother and I would leave the NES on for days because there wasn't a save function or level codes or anything. Also, when you died, you lost all of your powerups and some of the later levels just couldn't be done without them, so even if you still had a continue you were pretty much fucked. Oh, and some of the levels had different directions you could take, but some of the ways would be dead ends...and if you hit the wall you died and there was no way to go backwards.

Now that I think about it, fuck that game. Zelda was my favorite.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
Either Castlevania III or Mega Man 2... also Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (I know people hate on it, but dammit look at Dark Souls and tell me that not Simon's Quest re-imagined.)

II2

Mar 13, 2010
s69-5 said:
The lack of Blaster Master on this thread is disappointing.

I love you a bit, for posting that...

I got my main milage out of classics everyone will know, but one perticular odd one that I loved to death was Crystalis, a bonkers little action-JRPG

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Image Fight

Or Solar Jetman.

Please tell me others have known the joy of playing these games. D:

Also, obligatory.

StylinBones

Mar 3, 2012
Mario 3 is my favorite, but there are a lot of other choices that I would deem acceptable. Most of the above were solid.

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
Its either Rockin' Kats, Castlevania, or Megaman 2.

Probably Megaman 2. I play that alot.

(Its the only one where I can beat all the robot masters easily! (On hard mode of course! :D))

I need to eventually beat it WITHOUT save states. Always fail on the Wily stages. They are hard. :(

Captcha: Time Lord.

Hmmm... Oddly fitting. Cappy :D

Agent Cross

Died And Got Better
Jan 3, 2011
Hmmm... I had a lot of favorites. So how about a top 5 instead.

1) Tecmo Cup Soccer Game (Played like a RPG. And Robin Field: G.O.A.T.)
2) Super Mario Bros. 3 (Frog and racoon suits, awesome)
3) Baseball Stars (My brother and I wore this game out. Also: American Dreams)
4) The Legend of Zelda (You never forget your first)
5) Bionic Commando (Grapple hook, that is all)
6) Battletoads (Just kidding) *sets on fire*

There are just too many to pick from.

Captcha: yes, sir

I'm not that old Captcha, no need for sirs. But I do like the manners. Stay classy.