What is your all time favourite anime?

Krinku

Feb 5, 2011
scorptatious said:
My favorite all time anime? Why, that would have to be...

I've also heard good things about the reboot. But I don't really feel like watching that one at the moment.
Technically not reboot since they follow the manga this time.

historybuff

Feb 15, 2009
One of them is definitely Baccano!

Mad Science + Mobsters + The 1920s in NYC, aw yeah! Very cool. Awesome, bombastic characters, pretty gorey at some points but totally awesome.

Also, Axis Powers Hetalia. I'm a history lover. So even though it isn't all accurate, it's hilarious.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Krinku said:
scorptatious said:
My favorite all time anime? Why, that would have to be...

I've also heard good things about the reboot. But I don't really feel like watching that one at the moment.
Technically not reboot since they follow the manga this time.
That's true. They did follow the manga much more closely than they did in the last series from what I've seen.

Maybe when the entire series comes out on DVD, I'll give it a look. (If it isn't already.)

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
StereoMike said:
animehermit said:
StereoMike said:
so few people mentioning Evangelion. Its the best thing out there.

In terms or animation I like samurai champloo. Looks great.

Also, to the people hating on English dubs... do you speak Japanese? Because I do and I've noticed that 9 times out of 10 the English dub is far better than the Japanese.
A lot of the older dubs are just downright awful, That's why. Recently they've been increasing in quality with some releases actually being better than the originals.
I've seen old and new. Personally I find the vast majority of japanese voice acting to be almost unlistenable. Which might be a word I just made up.
Not understanding the language probably affects that. I bet there are some people in Japan who think that the dub of DBZ is amazing (Don't ask me why someone there would be watching the English dub). Ignorance is bliss.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
I don't like much anime or manga, but the only one I found half-way decent was FLCL and Trigun. Actually, the Trigun animated show was horrible when compared to the much darker manga.

LFC Scouser

The Fifteenth Arcana
Jun 7, 2010
Code Geass hands down

I heard that r3 has not sure if spoiler but whatever
new main character with a different geass

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Don't watch anime, but in my youth I had a certain favourite...

I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
Is pokemon anime if so than the 1st to the pearl seasons of that (havent watch the others I have how ever watched there openings)
other than that I havent watched any other anime but if pokemon isn't anime and One peice is then that

n00beffect

May 8, 2009
Death Note, definitely. I know it's a bit cliche(can't do the squigilly thing on the e) but it's story is good, and not to mention the characters and the music.

nglnava69

Apr 8, 2010
Well the show that hooked me is Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. It's surpebly written, wonderfully voice acted. After I watched it once I knew I had to buy the dvd, and now I have more than 65 anime dvds. And skip the dub and turn off the subtitles real anime otaku don't need them.

Tehlanna TPX

Mar 23, 2010
Going to add my voice to the call for Trigun. Because a classic, is a classic, is a classic, and stuff :p.

Although I was initiated into Anime by the butchered 'robotech'.

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
It's very hard for me to choose, but I'll list some of my favorites though I doubt they'll surprise anyone:

1. In terms of movies, Princess Mononoke has the lead. Samurai X would be a close second, followed by Akira or something.

2. If I had to choose just one show, it would be Cowboy Bebop. There are a lot of close seconds however, but I'll go with YuYu Hakusho Spirit Detective and then maybe Death Note. I'm currently watching "Monster" however, and so far it's awesome.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Definitely Baki the Grappler, it has it's flaws, but I'm picking it for being my favorite, not for being overall the most well made. Bio-Boosted Armor Guyver is certainly close too.

Scorpianhead

Mar 13, 2010
Spice and wolf since its different. Most anime are about fighting and blood shed but spice and wolf is about trading and all those sort of things and that why i like it.

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
Welcome to the N.H.K. followed by Serial Experiments Lain and Eve no Jikan.

jayjaykoolaid

Nov 18, 2009
The_State said:
Easily Cowboy Bebop. It wasn't the first anime that I watched and enjoyed, but it was the one that showed me how good the medium can be.

Deep, nuanced characters with individual goals and ambitions which were rarely coincident with those of their peers, and which were almost never convenient to follow through on. A rich setting full of people who you could tell had stories all their own outside of the main narrative. A very well paced and carefully delivered main narrative interspersed with smaller, equally compelling stories which drew the watcher in and made them want more. A nearly perfect combination of comedy, action, suspense, and drama which made it feel unscripted and unpredictable (with one notable exception in the form of a one-off episode about old fridge food). The entire show was brimming with style and grace, and it never felt like it was dragging its feet or filling for time.

Then, of course, there was the music. The score was just as eclectic as the show, going from fast-paced guitar riffs to jazzy "travel" music, even finding time to create moving, soulful ballads where they were necessary. The music never felt forced or out of place, as I find to be the case all too often with Japanese scoring.
Could not agree with you more.
Other than Cowboy Bebop I would have to say Samurai Champloo.