What is your all time favourite anime?

canada

Aug 18, 2010
soul eater. i was never bored watching that thing. plus it had an excellent theme and a female main character that wasn't there for fan service.

p.s. subs not dubs
p.p.s. ^that's a nice band name!

Benito Zamora

Mar 29, 2011
It would have to be a tie between Death Note and Code Geass. Both fantastic animes with unforgettable characters and deep well thought out plots.

kuroshimo

Mar 31, 2011
I can't decide between GiTS: Stand Alone Complex and Chrono Crusade (To Aru Majutsu no Index misses out because EVERY character in the series is more interesting than the protagonist, but I do love it).

Oinodaemon

Apr 9, 2009
The Slayers...Lina Inverse is the coolest character ever. I like to imagine her and Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist) having lunch together, I think the fight would be epic.

LikeDustInTheWind

Mar 29, 2010
All I have to say is this.

[small]Also Dragon Ball Z. And blablabla extra things to make this not low-content. Supercalifragilisticexpialodocious![/small]

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Dragonball and Dragonball Z are definitely some of my favorites. I'm not sure if Avatar: The Last Airbender counts, but if it does, then that's the winner for me.

otakusama

Jul 1, 2011
Tetsuwan Birdy (1996). I still remember the day I watched the 6 episodes. The new Tetsuwan Birdy Decode is cool but not as good as the original.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
Samurai Champloo. Seeing that, after Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, One Piece, and Case Closed blew my mind, and made me watch Cowboy Bebop. Bebop would be there in first, but the fact that I found Samurai Champloo first made me do it.

Or K-On. Yeah right. I'd admit rather to being a bronie than watching that show. [sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]DAT AZU-NYAN, DAT MIO, DAT RITSU. :O..[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
I'm not an anime nut, and I hate watching series that go on for ever, but I loved "Shigurui". The lovely visual design, the slow-burning story, the violence, the great traditionally-inspired music -all of it is so peculiarly Japanese (in a good way).

gruggins

Apr 24, 2011
two words guys: bible. black.
no?
ok full metal alchemist then
(or possebly hellsing.)

Pyroguekenesis

Jan 20, 2010
Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Fist of the North Star, Pokemon - till Johto region, Digimon - Frontier, Dragon Ball Z...oh! I know! the Persona 4 Anime :D

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
I'm not big on anime at all, so I have to go with the only one I've seen, Death Note, which I enjoyed very much.

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
I don't watch much anime, but I really REALLY like Sgt Frog... now if only someone would dub the rest of the episodes (Keroro's JP voice sounds like nails made of babies scratched against a chalkboard made of Justin Bieber, ie. REALLY FUCKING BAD)

EDIT: I've also heard that Cowboy Bebob is really good,so I might start watching that now that I have Adult Swim back

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
Ergo Proxy.
Beautiful animation, confusing plot, appealing characters, good mix of action and contemplative stuff, nice and weird... Just perfect.

ThatFanBoyGuy

Dec 23, 2009
My first anime was Pokemon, all the way back in 4th grade. Shortly after, I began watching Digimon. After that, I fell in love with anime and the rest is history. But then again, once you see my top 3, real anime fans will think I'm a noob...

1. Pokemon (Indigo League, Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenne. I stopped watching after that)
2. Digimon (Seasons 1 & 2 were the best, and each season after digressed)
3. Yu-Gi-Oh! (I'm a Yu-Gi-Oh purist, so it's only the original, not GX or 5D)

Yeah, most you would consider me a noob because I really only watched these 3 with the English dub only (4Kids and Toei). But my top 5, while still English dub, have a more hardcore Japanese root than the other 3, which have been reduced to Saturday morning cartoons.

4. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobobo
5. Gunslinger Girl

MetaMuffin

Feb 2, 2011
Diminished Capacity said:
That, and I think most people can relate to a broken link and/or romantic tragedy.
Oh yeah. Definitely an anime that almost made me cry. Particularly the first episode, as I had a very close friend move away at a very unfortunate time in my life. The anime is beautifully done, really spoke to me.