What is your biggest pet peave?

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
Self-importance, overconfidence, self-righteousness, etc. I think humbleness and modesty are two of the greatest traits a person can have.

Romidude

Aug 3, 2010
Tanksie said:
*activates double barreled flame sheild*
anime and anime fans
nightwish fans(not the band)
*highfive*
OT: When people put the first letter of ever word in caps, WHY?

s0m3th1ng

Aug 29, 2010
Loud Eaters. And by extension gum chewers.
Close your fucking mouth. It isn't that hard, I think we grew out of that phase several tens of thousands of years ago.
I prefer not eating my food twice thank you.

Dr. Feelgood

Jul 13, 2010
thedeathscythe said:
I hate to be a dick but people that don't use the search bar. I've posted in 2 or 3 topics just like this and searching pet peeve brings up a topic. Sure, it hasn't been used in almost 2 months but I thought you were supposed to search before making a new topic?
If you don't like it, don't post in the thread.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Bitchiness. I've come out of an environment that was plagued with it, and, meanwhile, I was just thinking, "Dude, you're spending all your time getting worked up about what other people think and what they do with their free time when they have no idea who you are and they don't care about you at all. You're the one who comes out looking sad and pathetic, here."

Why do they care what other people do, or what things they like? How does it affect them at all? I don't know. I just figure that if people like that weren't so insecure they wouldn't have to devote so much time to trying to make themselves feel better by belittling people who are enjoying themselves and having fun.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Stubborn people who are clearly wrong but just won't see it despite scientific facts proving them otherwise.

Pirate Kitty said:
People thanking their god for things.
Yeah. Thank god for atheism!

Tanner The Monotone

I'm Tired. What else is new?
Aug 25, 2010
People that act like they know everything and don't even try very hard to hide the fact that they don't. Also, woman that act like the combination of a bad redneck and a gangsta. They're cussing all the time and act so stupid.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Romidude said:
Sometimes its for anagrams sake. Least thats when I see it if its not a proper noun.

When people ask why America is so different from the rest of the world as a more global scale. Is it honestly hurting anyone if we dont use the metric system, or have our date system different?

On a more personal level? mm... when people who read little halo/like subject material books want to get into a literary discussion. Broaden your horizons before we talk, because if I get the blank stare when I mention Edgar Allen Poe, Charles Dickens, or Mary Shelley, you forfeit to me the right to smack you upside the head with his/her books. You dont have to like it, but at least acknowledge it.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Naheal said:
People harming children. I can generally keep my temper or at least direct it so that I'm not going off on someone, but the moment I see someone harming a child is the moment I start breaking shit.
I don't know whether child abuse can be a "pet peeve". sort of like "This whole rape business just rubs me the wrong way".

I really have a thing against people eating my food without asking. I almost flipped out when my sister and her friends drank my big bottle of Mountain Dew while I was at work. Do you know how hard it is to get that stuff in the UK?!

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
Tanksie said:
*activates double barreled flame sheild*
anime and anime fans
Pfft, and I had such high hopes for the man with the Mastodon artwork avatar.

Mega-generalisation incoming...

If you like metal, you're likely to like violence, intelligence, and badassery.

You probably have never watched Claymore. Anime, yes, but not as you know it.
Coming from a fellow metalhead, give it a try, I dismissed all of anime before I realised it could be like that.

OT:

Religion is my pet peeve.
Just religion, in general.

So help you god, I will purge the world of it one day.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
When people are unnecessarily inconveniencing others for the sake of their own convenience.

For example, my mom broke her ankle a few weeks ago. We were at the doctor's office in the waiting room when she had to go to the bathroom. She was on crutches, so I followed her and helped her open the door. But when we got in, the handicap stall was occupied. The woman who was in there was standing--not sitting--and had all sorts of papers scattered about on the floor (granted, the bathroom was clean, but it was still a bit disturbing).

Furthermore, she was talking on her cell phone. And she wasn't talking about herself--she was talking about her husband, telling the person on the other end about how he was going to get an MRI and whatnot. She was using the handicap stall as her own personal phone booth! So my mom had to hobble into one of the tiny stalls which had no handrails for balance or any extra room for her crutches, which I had to hold onto outside.

Finally the lady came out--never flushed, of course. She smiled at me, and I just looked at her. I made sure I was extra loud and clear when communicating to my mother until she left. "Are you okay in there, mom? How is the FOOT? Do you need your CRUTCHES?" Still the woman was completely oblivious. She seriously saw no problem in monopolizing the handicap stall in an orthopedic clinic in which 95% of the patients are on crutches or in wheelchairs.

I just can't get my head around that. I admit I've use handicap stalls even if I'm not handicapped, but I rarely do it if it's the one of its kind and I sure as HELL don't take advantage of it and do things that can just as easily be done somewhere else. And never EVER in a medical facility if I can help it. It just boggles my mind.

Also, just little things like when people at the supermarket have their carts in the very center of the aisle as people are trying to get by. Seriously, those aisles are spaced to let two carts go by at once, but that can't happen if you've got it parked right in the middle.

And people with large vehicles who park like they're a blind, one-armed lemming. Please note that parking directly on top of the line only makes people MORE likely to scratch your precious blood-red 2011 Dodge Ram, not less likely.

Mandalore_15

Aug 12, 2009
Lazy-arse American English. I really, REALLY hate it! Think of an American saying "I could care less" and you know exactly what I mean...

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
I have this enormous hatred for the american christian right. I have absolutely nothing against christianity. I believe that this religion is founded on pretty decent moral values. The teachings of Jesus are surprisingly inspiring.

But i dont like the christian right. Their ignorance would be tragic if it was any less conspicuous

Romidude

Aug 3, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
Romidude said:
Sometimes its for anagrams sake. Least thats when I see it if its not a proper noun.

When people ask why America is so different from the rest of the world as a more global scale. Is it honestly hurting anyone if we dont use the metric system, or have our date system different?

On a more personal level? mm... when people who read little halo/like subject material books want to get into a literary discussion. Broaden your horizons before we talk, because if I get the blank stare when I mention Edgar Allen Poe, Charles Dickens, or Mary Shelley, you forfeit to me the right to smack you upside the head with his/her books. You dont have to like it, but at least acknowledge it.
I Mean't When People Type Like This, It Pisses Me Off.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Romidude said:
Oh, then yeah, that is annoying. I dont know, I've just seen some instances where you have a short sentence with proper nouns and wrote one not that long ago, actually.

Kiytan

Feb 23, 2008
People who play music on their phones. I do not wish to listen to your music, Headphones were invented for this very purpose (this is made worse by the fact it's often music I really dislike)

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
People who add "pre" to words that don't and can't use it (like pre-heat, pre-record, etc); People who say "proactive" (yet another nonsense word), and anyone who described the weather as an "event".

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Clingy girls.

Also, people who have pet peeves.