What is your dream job?

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
For me, it's to be a character designer. I want to draw things that people want to put in their video games or books or movies.

It's a crowded market, but it's what I feel like I'm supposed to do.

Here are some examples just to prove I don't completely suck at it and why I think I might have a shot. (Also, yay! Shameless self promotion!)

If not that, then comic strip artist. But heck, everyone's doing it now. Here's my failed attempt at a L4D strip.

What about you guys? What would your dream job be? Do you think you could cut the mustard at it? Or is it just to remain a dream?

bakonslayer

Apr 15, 2009
Retail at your local megastore.
Someone has to do it. Wouldn't you be happier if it was me?

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
Those drawings aren't bad.

As for me, it would have to be something in either the creative or the performing arts.

TriggerHappyAngel

Self-Important Angler Fish
Feb 17, 2010
Game Designer/Programmer ... I like the design part the most, but a good Designer has to have more skills.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I'd like to be a Firefighter...

Job stability, good pay, respected, a let out for the pyro in me, great benefits...

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
Dream job eh?
Doesn't sound as cool as everyone else but I'd love to become a doctor.
Why? I really do want to help people :3

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Is lottery winner a job?

If I have to get a real one, probably writer. I can write stuff real good.

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
Thanks to everyone who had nice things to say about my pik-tars up there. And I'm pleased to see a diverse set of answers as well. Keep 'em coming! ^_^

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
Hey, that art looks really good. You might get a job at that!

OT: Maybe a doctor.. Although I'm going the business line at the high school. It's the part of my life that I regret the most.

No wait, the part I regret the most is how I've ridiculed myself on the internet... Nevermind.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
mmm a dream job, I'm tempted to be crass here, but I'll take it serious, a published author with enough clout to choose his own projects.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
I got mine last week! I will soon write comics for a living (or at least a semi living, I hope) eeeeee!!

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
Decoy Doctorpus said:
I got mine last week! I will soon write comics for a living (or at least a semi living, I hope) eeeeee!!
Congrats! Who will you be writing for? (I'm interested because I was submitting to comic companies before I realized that's like trying to become a pro NBA star. I.e., the field is so crammed to the gills with talent already, it's hard to get a foot in the door.)

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
gagagagagagaga said:
Decoy Doctorpus said:
Congrats! Who will you be writing for? (I'm interested because I was submitting to comic companies before I realized that's like trying to become a pro NBA star. I.e., the field is so crammed to the gills with talent already, it's hard to get a foot in the door.)
The Escapist! No don't look at me like that. It's a real job honest!

I recently won the Escapist Webcomic competition [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.180246-Webcomic-Contest-Winner-Out-of-Tens] and therefore a contract if all goes well!

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
Decoy Doctorpus said:
gagagagagagaga said:
Decoy Doctorpus said:
The Escapist! No don't look at me like that. It's a real job honest!

I recently won the Escapist Webcomic competition [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.180246-Webcomic-Contest-Winner-Out-of-Tens] and therefore a contract if all goes well!
Hey, that's more professional than anything I've ever done. You have my envy. Congrats again and I wish you luck! ^_^