What is your dream job?

Coldman42

Nov 17, 2009
Process Server.

Why you ask? Because I saw the movie Pineapple Express :p

Na, really I just want to get paid to be an asshole. Honestly the only way I'm going to be an asshole is if someone pays me to do it. And I figure if you are getting served court papers you did something to deserve it, so I don't have to feel bad about it.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
Oh dear, I wish I knew :(

I'd settle with any job I can do, pays ok, and I enjoy.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
i actually like those cartoons.

My dream job you ask? Dunno, but at the moment personal trainer is sounding pretty good.

Happy Toki Toki

Oct 3, 2008
Concept designer / story writer
Those are my two fave past times aside from gaming, getting paid for it would be sweet.

Azaradel

Jan 7, 2009
Aaah, if I wasn't too much of a realist, I'd love to think that I'd have even the slightest chance of a career as a comic artist. But my questionable humor, accompanied by the fact that I'm a traditional artist (i.e. pens and paper - which is, apparently, illegal in this digital age) of arguable skill, makes me pretty sure that would be out of the question.

I do love writing though, and I am (quite) good at it, so I'll have to say author would be my dream job...

<spoiler=The most beautiful thing I've ever drawn>http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/074/5/7/Vampires_still_don__t_sparkle_by_LordNaraku.jpg
Because Twilight bashing is so clever, right? Right!?
Also, I put zero effort into colouring this.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Azaradel said:
Aaah, if I wasn't too much of a realist, I'd love to think that I'd have even the slightest chance of a career as a comic artist. But my questionable humor, accompanied by the fact that I'm a traditional artist (i.e. pens and paper - which is, apparently, illegal in this digital age) of arguable skill, makes me pretty sure that would be out of the question.

I do love writing though, and I am (quite) good at it, so I'll have to say author would be my dream job...

<spoiler=The most beautiful thing I've ever drawn>http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/074/5/7/Vampires_still_don__t_sparkle_by_LordNaraku.jpg
Because Twilight bashing is so clever, right? Right!?
Also, I put zero effort into colouring this.
Same here on the pen & paper front. The most digital thing I use is MSPaint, which, let's face it, ain't no photoshop.... which I also can't use.

The drawing was funny though, and pretty well done. ^_^

psychowatcher

May 5, 2009
I would like to be a writer. A novelist or screenwriter would be nice, maybe writing stories for video games, but if nothing else, I'll take to typing up obituaries for the local newspaper...

Raikov

Mar 1, 2010
I'd go for being a teacher. Preferably in languages. And definitely not for anyone younger then 16.

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
To get paid for doing whatever I was doing at the time, ie sitting and playing games, takeing a dump, surfing the net, sleeping.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Game designer.

If that doesn't work, novelist.

If that doesn't work, screenwriter

If that doesn't work, game critic.

And if that doesn't work, graphic designer.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Professional searcher.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.78127-Your-dream-job#965491

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
field paleontologist, in fact I went in a few expeditions to Patagonia and I have training for that, but they pay is not good in our country.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
NeoAC said:
Is lottery winner a job?
Good answer. It's what I would have posted were I witty enough.
Really, I'm not at all sure. Perhaps if I had a lot of money I could study lots of different things and try and find out what I'm sufficiently interested in to turn that into a career.

Something tells me it isn't going to happen. And that my lack of a dream job is because I'm deathly afraid of commitment and responsibility, rather than a lack of interest. Oh well.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Either writer or mechatronical engineer for some space agency (although I think you have to have best marks to become that). Nonetheless I'm working on both of them at the moment.

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
Aerospace Engineer.

Maybe get a job with NASA or something along those lines, takes a lot of college (I'm a year through it). Hopefully I will be graduating in 4 more years with a Masters in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering. Sounds like fun and the pay is good (Masters will get you about 70k per year, right out of college... Take that ECPI)