What is your favorite anime series?

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
I admit although I play a ton of JRPGs I'm actually not that huge into anime itself. However I have watched Evangelion, Gundam Wing, FLCL, Outlaw Star, bits of Sailor Moon, bits of DBZ, Akira, and most of the Miyazaki films. Interesting enough my favorite Miyazaki film isn't Spirited Away or Princess Mononoke. That prize goes to Castle in the Sky.

However, my absolute favorite anime that I've watched multiple times and my jaw still drops is Berserk. I was absolutely blown away by it.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
If I absolutely had to choose, I'd say it is a tie between Evanglion and Blue Gender. Elfen Lied and Black Lagoon come in a very close second place.

OmegaZXA

Mar 19, 2010
Code Geass. It has drama, (semi-)giant robots, freaky powers, and a tragic hero. If anything else, these four simple words best describe it: giant robots on roller-skates.

band43seat

Mar 13, 2010
saber marionette j, a series about robot girls from fuedal japan fighting robot girls and nazis from nazi germany

Aiden Raine

Oct 3, 2011
if I had to go with only one absolutely best most favorite awesome anime flavor of all time..... I'd probably have an a brain aneurysm. there're a lot of really good anime out there, it really just comes down to what type of anime I feel like watching at any given time.

coblen

Nov 18, 2009
FLCL is number one is my books. Ive watched it like 10 times.

After that its a hard pick between gurran lagann, and code geass.
Elfin lied and baccano are some were up there as well.

all fantastic and totally worth watching.

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
Cowboy Bebop.

Runners up:

Ghost in the shell movies where my favorite animes but I never got into the actual series.

OmegaZXA said:
Code Geass. It has drama, (semi-)giant robots, freaky powers, and a tragic hero. If anything else, these four simple words best describe it: giant robots on roller-skates.
Genuine Evil said:
Ill go with ghost in the shell
It was first anime I?ve seen that actually discussed interesting questions in a mature and thought provoking way.

lazinesslord

Jun 13, 2010
Tough call for me. It's a tie between Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Gintama. All the seasons of Pokemon before they got to Hoen come second.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
One Piece, the only anime I still watch to this day. Though Cowboy Bebop deserves obvious mention for being probably the best one I ever watched. Oh, and all things Miyazaki, except his handful of boring high school drama movies, and Ponyo, which was ruined by Frankie Jonas and Miley Cyrus' little sister. Long live Totoro.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
my absolute all-time favorite anime is the original Fist of the North Star. It's a couple hundred episodes but unlike Dragon Ball or similar fighting anime, they ALWAYS kill the bad guy on the same episode as they're introduced (except of course for the big guys like Shin and Raoh)

Honorable mentions:

Love Hina
Azumanga Daio
Elfin Lied
Baka to Test
To Love Ru

Dec 14, 2009
Toss up between Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell. I'm also really liking the direction the Evangelion Rebuild movies are taking.

I like them all for different reasons and the fact that there isn't an annoying female character to be seen for miles.

For the Ctarl-Ctarl Empire!

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Mine is Baccano, everything about is just freaking awesome. Amazing characters, great soundtrack, great english dub, great animation. I can't even begin to express how much I love that anime.

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Ghost in the Shell SAC.
Loved the movies, but the 2 seasons (+movie) were much more in Shirow's original vibe.
More humour and diverse stories about technology, transhumanism etc. etc.

Honorable mention: the classic Bubblegum Crisis.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Code Geass, it's just... *sniff* the melodrama *sniff* it's so fabulous!

Needless takes second place, simply for having the most fitting soundtrack i've ever seen and for making every. Single. Character call their attacks like a boss.

I'll just leave some of the soundtrack here

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
just to be a combo breaker, i will say Avatar. it can be quite silly at times, but know how to takes it's audience seriously

but if you what to know my favorite EASTERN anime, it's either gurren lagann or code geass( soul eater is climbing though)