What is your favorite anime series?

Tonz of Fun

Mar 29, 2011
I'd have to say Hellsing(original and OVA)FLCL, Black Blood Brothers, Seitokai no Ichizon, Tenjou Tenge, Devil Man and that's only a few. Not even including movies.

BleedingPride

Aug 10, 2009
Fullmetal Alchemist (not brotherhood), Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, DBZ was okay, Bleach is good but i never got into keeping up with it, and the Devil May Cry anime was good

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Trigun, just because its the most fun and not afraid to be silly while still having a serious plot (Vash running around a town screaming 'Its time for my morning Genocide!' for example)

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Ando85 said:
I admit although I play a ton of JRPGs I'm actually not that huge into anime itself. However I have watched Evangelion, Gundam Wing, FLCL, Outlaw Star, bits of Sailor Moon, bits of DBZ, Akira, and most of the Miyazaki films. Interesting enough my favorite Miyazaki film isn't Spirited Away or Princess Mononoke. That prize goes to Castle in the Sky.

However, my absolute favorite anime that I've watched multiple times and my jaw still drops is Berserk. I was absolutely blown away by it.
Good pick. Even though I had to read the manga to know how it ends, and since starting to read that it has dawned on me that this manga will continue on till our sun goes out.

If the anime had a decent ending it might be my top dog.

The anime that has brought me the most joy is probably Naruto. I just love it (not counting fillers). It has such a broad spectrum of emotions and characters, and the universe is well realized and awesome.

Others I've loved:

Death Note (the first chapter)
The Last Airbender (if that counts as anime)
Hellsing, because Alucard is just too awesome

NovaCascade

Oct 2, 2010
DarkRyter said:
Clannad Afterstory.

It made me feel just a bit more human.
Really? All it did to me was make me depressed. Seriously, I was in tears about every 4-6 episodes. Still, Clannad (and Afterstory) are pretty much the only series I've watched right through, so it wins.

Diddy_King

Jul 9, 2009
I just don't understand how people can say they prefer FMA over FMA: Brotherhood. FMA wasn't bad; I quite enjoyed it when it came out years ago, but Brotherhood is just brilliant and leaves you with such a sense of closure.

OT: My top 3
FMA: Brotherhood
One Piece
Angel Beats!

Some other great anime
The Tatami Galaxy-if you want something trippy and yet insightful watch this one, you can find a free sub of it on Funimation
Baccano!
Cowboy Bebop

NickKuroshi0

Dec 23, 2010
Myself- A certain magical index is my all time favorite
My friend Tj- Elfen Lied
My other Tj- Bleach
And my friend Adrian- Soul Eater

matsugawa

Mar 18, 2009
Here's a Top 5:
El-Hazard (especially Wanderers)
Sakura Wars
Ah! My Goddess
Xam'd: Lost Memories
Gunparade March

Honorable mention: Genshiken

Lug100

Sep 2, 2011
Ive never really been that interested in anime, so theres only been one show ive ever watched and really liked, and that was 'Highschool of the Dead'

So yeah no idea if thats considered good or not, but hey i like it.

Catchapa: (~_^)

DBLT4P

Jul 23, 2011
Samurai Champloo, Cowboy bebop, Desert Punk (more people need to see this its hilarious), Outlaw Star, Gundam wing, Trigun, Evangelion (if you replace the last few episodes with the movie) Princess Mononoke, and Nausicaa of the valley of the wind.

One Piece, Death Note, Naruto, Bleach, and Fullmetal Alchemist were/are all better as manga...

phazonbiologist

Jun 29, 2010
I haven't gotten to watch enough different anime series to give the best opinion yet, but so far, my favorites are FLCL and Buso Renkin (seems like you don't hear about it very often, though).

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
SirBryghtside said:
I've only watched about 3, but out of those Lucky Star. That's one of my favourite TV shows of all time as well.
You loved Lucky Star despite having only watched three anime series?! ... ?! ... ??

That series is literally saturated with Japanese anime pop culture, one would've thought you'd hate it! In that case, now go watch Hayate Combat Butler...(!) At least watch some of the series it references... (Sergeant Frog, Gundam, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, FMA, The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi being just a few)

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Genuine Evil said:
Ill go with ghost in the shell
It was the first anime I?ve seen that actually discussed interesting questions in a mature and thought provoking way.
GitS beats out Birdy: The Mighty, because of the philosophical elements to it, the story has so many layers, the characters a mite more fleshed out, and <spoiler=Season 2 spoiler>the death of the Tachikoma makes me cry every time ;_;
Besides all that, GitS just has so much more than Birdy does.

Taynas

May 20, 2010
I'm really excited to see so many other people who like Spice and Wolf on here.

My favorites are a duel to the death between:
Spice and Wolf
Baccano!
Hetalia
Princess Jellyfish
Ouran High School Host Club

I also really like:
Full Metal Panic!
Rurouni Kenshin
FLCL
Cowboy Bebob

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
SirBryghtside said:
I know, and there were so many times I really wanted to get the references... although I do know quite a bit about animé culture, so some of the more obvious references were great.

And there was so much humour apart from that, I think people's vision gets clouded. It's an incredible series regardless.
A similar series (in terms of feel, but not approach) is Hyakko!, with a rather zany form of comedy but without the references. You might enjoy that.

I'm watching Haruhi now, if that's any consolation :p
Yeah, good series, which order you watching it in, chronological? or broadcast?

Stealthygamer

Apr 25, 2010
thespyisdead said:
just to be a combo breaker, i will say Avatar.
Avatar: TLA is not an anime. It's a cartoon in anime style.

OT: Death Note, but the DMC anime was really good to (it's on Netflix if you haven't seen it)