What is your favorite anime series?

Crispee

Nov 18, 2009
A cross between Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Death Note, and the original Dragon Ball. Mostly the first two because they're cheesy, and they wouldn't be nearly as good if they weren't, also they're both very character driven, which I also like.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I think either Puella Magia Madoka Magica, Star Driver, or Durarara!! I need to also watch more anime.

Syntax Man

Apr 8, 2008
Clannad ~After Story~ no question, although other favourites include Full Metal Alchemist and RahXephon.

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
gundam seed for me, people forget how goo that series was. Evangellion is a really close second and only losses because of the ending. FLCL is 3rd.

esliang

Nov 18, 2009
As it so happens, I made a top ten while bored in class the other day:
1. Darker Than Black
2. Clannad
3. Death Note
4. Full Metal Panic!
5. Black Lagoon
6. Soul Eater
7. Fullmetal Alchemist
8. Love Hina
9. The Familiar of Zero
10. The World God Only Knows (Season One)

Nikki Fallingstar

Burning Heretics
Jul 22, 2010
My number one, favorite anime is Legend of Black Heaven!

Sweet riffs and aliens! Gotta love it!

(Sad thing is, I don't think it was ever dubbed and I can't find it anywhere to watch it again. ;_;)

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Either Hunter X Hunter (especially the Rhyodan chapter) or the original Full Metal Alchemist anime. I'm pretty sure it's one of those.

Loved Beserk as well but I just wished it went for longer and had a more satisfying ending.

Cekil1

Aug 22, 2008
The fact that I can watch FLCL over and over without getting bored has to mean something... but what? Also Kare Kano and Berserk.

ltbigjohn

Jul 28, 2010
kino's journey, yu yu Hakusho, Ms gundam the 8th moblesuit team, macross, berserk but hands down the best is berserk. (also thank got berserk ended before the plot got super wacky like the manga)

i forgot area 88

zahr

Mar 26, 2009
Planetes, as it's not only hard sci-fi (and thus the opposite of anime's normal absurdity) but it also seems to have much less Japanese cultural influence than most anime.

Flare_Dragon123

Aug 26, 2010
You guys should realize:

Code Geass' ending was originally supposed to be the ending of the first season (after a full length second season) as opposed to what actually occured.

saruman31

Sep 30, 2010
All time favorite: Rurouni Kenshin(except the godawefull fillers at the end of the series)
2nd best would be One Piece.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
Full Metal Alchemist. Loved the series, and it's one of the VERY few animes I don't actually dislike.

Soluncreed

Sep 24, 2009
Haven't watched all that much, but I must say, FLCL (Fooly Cooly) is pretty awesome. Robots come out of people's heads and it's just hilarious.

Kais86

May 21, 2008
Either Azumanga Daioh or Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. The ending of both made me cry, because the glorious ride was over.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Kodomo no Jikan. >;D

Ok, but seriously, right now I think the one topping the list is a close call between Gurren Lagann and CLANNAD[footnote]mostly because I haven't finished After Story yet, when I do It'll probably be on top.[/footnote]. But honorable mentions go to Soul Eater, Azumanga Daioh, FLCL, Rozen Maiden, K-ON!, To Aru Majutsu No Index and a few more I can't think of right now.