What is your favorite Arkham game?(obvious spoilers)

Feb 26, 2014
Asylum and Knight are my favorites of the series. Ranking them is difficult because each has something that I love and appreciate. I've played through these games multiple times and very rarely have anything that I disliked. I'll probably do it again after I'm done with Kingdom Hearts.

Asylum (Best atmosphere) > Knight(Best open world/Worst boss fights) > City(kinda average compared to the rest, still a blast to play) >> Origins(Most glitches and crashes I've ever had to deal with in any Arkham game)

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Chalk up another vote for Asylum. I still enjoy both Origins and Knight to various degrees, but the only thing to come close to Asylum was City and it still doesn't quite dethrone it for me. The later games do, in fairness, have much smoother and more fluid combat, more expansive areas to explore, and all 3 subsequent games at least have decent boss fights which is more than can be said for Asylum but none of them even come vaguely close to it for atmosphere and that's the big big sell for me. Asylum kind of does the impossible in making Batman seem vulnerable, particularly during the Scarecrow sections, and I love it for that.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I have to say the Arkham Knight season of infamy DLC is excellent espescially the Killer Croc part is terrific. It also somewhat mitigates the complaints about the lack of boss fights. The graphics of this game are so breathtakingly beautiful. Every time I play it I'm impressed. I just wish we had one last game in this franchise. :(