What is your favorite console controller of all time?

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
The Xbox 360 wireless controller.
It has nice bumber buttons, a great colourful layout (a problem with Sony and especially with the game Heavy Rain) and triggers.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
360. and I've played a LOT of consoles over the years. Seems like the ultimate evolution of design for a console controller of it's type

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
Wireless gamecube controller.

People always go on about how they hate the NGC controller, but i liked it. Very ergonomic.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Honestly...The 360.

Nintendo Gamecube and N64 all have really odd shapes.

The Wiimote is a close second for most comfortable.

Scythax

Nov 23, 2009
Either the 360 wireless, or the gamecube controller. seriously, that thing fitted my hand like a glove...a POWER GLOVE.

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
The 360 controller is my favorite, it just fits in my hand perfectly, all the buttons are easily accessible and there is a nice tactile response.

Funny thing is I don't even have a xbox 360, I just use the controller for some action adventure console ports on my PC.

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
Pararaptor said:
I do like a nice, big wireless XBox controller. Seriously, Microsoft got the controller absolutely spot-on.
This man speaks the truth. I only got an X360 about 8 months ago, but once I held that lump of white plastic in my hands, the PS3 controllers instantly felt wrong. The 360 controller is the perfect size, and has a better layout of the sticks that feels better for when you need to use the button simultaneously.

toadking07

Sep 10, 2009
Jacob.pederson said:
Horticulture said:
"The Duke"

Large-handed gamers everywhere mourn its passing. And you could use it to bludgeon your friends when they beat you in Soul Calibur 2.
Yea, I got a soft spot for the "bear" also. Still have four of these around for Halo.
Yeah, something I always liked about this controller for some reason. I've since moved on to smaller controllers, but this will always have a place in my heart. Even if it takes up the whole space of my heart.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
While i've never used it, or seen it IRL, i saw this pic her eon the escapist, and it looks like the definition of epic win. a controller-mouse, the best of both worlds, at least when it comes to FPS.

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-FragFX-Controller-Playstation-3/dp/B000S14FNO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1267479649&sr=8-4

Funkysandwich

Contra Bassoon
Jan 15, 2010
I think the Gamecube had the best controller. N64 felt like you needed 3 hands to use it properly.

Second place is probably the dualshock range. Can't stand any of the xbox controllers. They suck.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Horticulture said:
"The Duke"

Large-handed gamers everywhere mourn its passing. And you could use it to bludgeon your friends when they beat you in Soul Calibur 2.
All the better for hitting people over the head with when they are doing better than you.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
I am a fan of the Wavebird GC controllers, mostly because for about 6 years I used the same until my overuse of it finally started it's decent into not workingness. But my sis's was largely unused so I'm inheriting that one. It's all a matter of how long you use your controller

Since Dec. 28th I've had a PS3, and at this point find it work well for me, never having any problems, I've also got hands of steel apperantly because this "cramped up" feeling in your hands is all alien to me

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
My third-party Dual Shock 2 controller probably. It's larger than the standard PS2 controller, it glows blue, and it's see-through.