what is your favorite game of all time?

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
After playing through it again, I have to say Legend of Zelda Wind Waker. I fucking love this game. It's one of the few games where the support character is both helpful and engaging. Plus I fucking love sailing.

lewwatt

Dec 27, 2011
Fallout 3: GotY for me. I've always loved post apocalyptic games and I just think Bethesda nailed it, story and graphics were a bit meh and it was riddled with bugs (sometimes good) but no matter what negatives I can take from the game I enjoyed it more than any other.

Hides His Eyes

Jul 26, 2011
Neverwinter Nights. I seem to mention it in every other post I make on these forums.

I love the freedom and control you have over your character, and I love the editor and the fact that once you finish the game's official campaign (and the two expansion packs) there are literally thousands of home-made mods online for free download (and many of them are damn good). It's the ultimate RPG sandbox. I have made dozens of characters and experienced hundreds of stories and adventures in that one game. Nowadays you can usually get it for under £5 (with both expansions), and (assuming you like RPGs at all) you get much more game for that fiver than you get for the £40 you'll pay for most of the shite coming out nowadays.

TheMushroomClub

Aug 12, 2008
Sonic Adventure 2

First of all, the Gamecube was my favorite console (so I guess SA2B is my favorite game, but whatever) and made up a good part of my childhood. The stages were fun and exciting, there were lots of levels, a great story with an even better soundtrack, and chao.

SycoMantis91

Dec 21, 2011
TheMushroomClub said:
Sonic Adventure 2

First of all, the Gamecube was my favorite console (so I guess SA2B is my favorite game, but whatever) and made up a good part of my childhood. The stages were fun and exciting, there were lots of levels, a great story with an even better soundtrack, and chao.
I've never seen a "gamer" mention this among their favs. I love that game and you get props for goin outside the box.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Persona 4. Great characters, great combat, and a decent story. Legend of Dragoon is a close second for me. That is the game that got me into RPGs.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
It is a tie between Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. I refuse to choose one or the other. Great graphics for the time, amazing soundtrack, solid gameplay, huge world, it has all the makings of what I am looking for in a video game. Those two games were the staple of my childhood, and have influenced me for the rest of my life.

God...damn do I love those games. Thank God both of them are on the XBLA now.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
jackpackage200 said:
If i had to die right here, right nonghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Ahem.
http://s1.blomedia.pl/gadzetomania.pl/images/2010/10/Eye-of-the-Beholder.jpg

Bazoozle

Dec 19, 2010
I'd have to go with Halo: Combat Evolved.

I'm not one of those guys that goes around Xbox Live swearing, teabagging, and being a prick, I actually admire Halo for its sci-fi elements, its good gameplay, and its level design.

SycoMantis91

Dec 21, 2011
The MGS series. Knights of the Old Republic I & II. Mass Effect. Skyrim is quickly ascending. Demon's Crest. Mega Man X. Iron Man and X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal (not just for the awesome name). Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy. Darkstalkers 2. Legacy of Kain series. Devil May Cry 1 & 3, though I do find the other two enjoyable. Superman 64 (just making sure you're paying attention). Batman: Arkham Asylum (haven't got my hands on Arkham City yet). Saints Row series. GTA IV. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. The old X-Men arcade game. Contra III: The Alien Wars. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3. Way too many and I'm sure I missed a lot.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars. I do admit, the Mario RPGs that came after it are objectively better, but this game just has a certain charm to it that I prefer.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
The Madman said:
Pretty predictable really:

It just has everything I like in a game.
Sooooooooo, have you some of this additions ? :)
http://weidu.org/main.html
Solaufein alone is worth it. ;)

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Chrono Trigger. It is the game.

Other contenders are, just as above, Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VI, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Okami, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Pokemon Red, Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Gold, MegaMan X, EarthBound, Kirby's Adventure, Adventures of Lolo 3, and Donkey Kong Country: Diddy's Kong Quest. All of these games are flawless masterpieces as far as I'm concerned.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
JesterRaiin said:
The Madman said:
Pretty predictable really:

It just has everything I like in a game.
Sooooooooo, have you some of this additions ? :)
http://weidu.org/main.html
Solaufein alone is worth it. ;)
Don't be silly, every good fan of the Baldur's Gate series knows about the amazing modding community. For the most part I'm not a big fan of the player-added characters. Tried a few and in general don't like them much, but Solaufein I have tried and agree, it was pretty well done.

For the most part I prefer mods like the Banter Packs, Unfinished Business, Ascension, and the Quest Pack. Stuff that generally enhances the game without outright adding or changing much beyond that of the developers original concept. But that's a personal preference really.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
TheMushroomClub said:
Sonic Adventure 2

I love that game! My friend and I would spend hours trying to get all the rare chao :) I miss my Gamecube... :(

OT: Probably Crash Bandicoot: Warped. So many memories. If Naughty Dog could buy back the license and make a HD remake of the PS1 titles that'd be awesome \(^_^ )/