What is your favorite Nintendo system of all time?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
N64, mainly because my single greatest gaming memory with my friend was going through Ocarina Of Time together as the great hero AndyBen. And the satisfaction when we solved stuff together (we were about 7) was damn good as well. Not to mention other games like Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon Stadium, the list goes on and on.

Couldn't pick any sort of order after that though. Well, except the 3DS in last, but that's because I've spent so little time with it

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
N64 and the DS are the only things I like by Nintendo. I wish Sega was still in the console race.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
By far the SNES.

It had so many good games it was ridiculous. Squaresoft was a big part of that. When I heard that Square wasn't going to make any n64 games that's when I jumped ship and went to Sony.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
SNES
Yoshi's Island (Super Mario World 2) specifically is probably the game that I hold dearest to my heart. My memories of playing that game are, believe it or not, some of my childhoods fondest. Also the final fight with Bowser in that game isn't just the best boss battle in the mario series, but one of the best in any videogame ever.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Gamecube by far, so many underrated games on it.
Viewtiful Joe, Wind Waker, FF: Crystal Chronicles, Mario Kart: Double Dash etc. etc.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
The Gamecube so many of my favourite games on it. Lost Kingdoms 1 and 2 (which seriously more people should have played), Starfox Adventures, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and DX, That awesmoe Wind Waker and OOT double pack.

Sadly it was neglected with too many multiplatform releases.

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
Hmm... N64's the last Console I've had until the Wii...

I can't decide between SNES and N64. SNES for the reasons listed above... but N64 for:
007 Goldeneye
BattleTanx
Sarge's Heroes
BattleTanx
Ocarina of Time
BattleTanx
Super Smash Brother
Did I mention BattleTanx?

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
SNES. Although it's hard to pick from that and NES, since SNES is missing a few of the games I loved for the NES, but its still better in every other way.

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
The NES, 2nd the SNES, all the other home consoles are utter rubbish.
And the only good handeld was the original Brick Gameboy with the +30 hours of battery life on 6 AA alkaline batteries. Lets have a Lithium-ion battery do that?

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
I'm going with the SNES, it had a huge library of various titles, still has most of my favorite RPG titles and it's the only legacy system I still have plugged in.

A close second is the Gamecube, My N64 and Wii are pretty much just expensive paperweights.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
The SNES by far. It was the last time that Nintendo was relevant with something besides handhelds. It had amazing third and first party support and was far and away THE console of it's time. I loved the Genesis and all but it simply couldn't hold up when compared to the SNES.

However, as a close close second I have to include the GBA. That had one hell of a library and was, in my opinion, the SNES of handhelds. The DS has filled out nicely but I still think that you'd be hard pressed to find a better handheld than the GBA in it's prime (Although the PS Vita is looking really promising).