EMO_of_LiGHT

Jan 25, 2009
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Candy Boy
Naruto (hahaha, just kidding!)
Black Cat (manga was better, though)
Alive: The Final Evolution
Zombie Loan

Am also looking forward to the new Bakuman anime coming out later this year.

TheSchizoid

Oct 28, 2009
Hmmmm...Haven't watched too much anime lately. Some I look at that I really want to check out (I think Rin was the most recent wish lister). Always wish I got all the DVDs of FLCL but they were about $25-30 for two episodes each! WTF? Anyway, what about...

Video Girl AI (Denei shoujo Ai)
Shaminic Princess
Oh! My Goddess (Aa! Megamisama!) (original series, not the TV) and the Ah! My Goddess movie.
.hack//Sign (Yes I know it ran on Toonami but how many people remember it?)
(Same with...)Big O
Fushigi Yugi
Pilot Candidate (Megami kouhosei)
Chobits

This one may or not be obscure, but I can't say it's a favorite. In fact, I can say that I hate it. Excel Saga (Heppoko jikken animêshon excel saga). This one was complete garbage.

Canton

Jan 30, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:

/thread

My favorite anime, comedy/ drama and oh so awesome
Ha! Love that show. Probably one of the most creative/deranged comedies out there.

On another note: its probably just me, but I don't find most of what people list as obscure at all.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Kai (When they Cry 1 - 2): An awesome mystery and character unraveling, which weaves genres together effortlessly.

Excel saga and Puni Puni Poemy: Perhaps more old than obscure, but still a very fun watch.

Spice & Wolf: (Again, perhaps not obscure, but neither huge. A whole other take on the medieval genre. Calm, beautiful art, not afraid to challenge viewers mentally, and some of the best characters and interaction I've ever seen).

Elfen Lied: Good old bloody fun, and a "love conquerors all"-story that actually has something to conqueror. Word of it may have spread so far that it's not really obscure though.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I know this has been necro but I haven't post it til now.

Burn Up Excess come to my mind. I admit I first watched cos I was horny (what? I was in my teen when it was aired late at night) but the more I watched it, the more I laugh out loud and grew to liked the characters!

That was also the very first anime that I bought in DVD form which I only buy anime dvds that I loved.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
Forget necro'd this thread has become a zombie. That said...

Tokyo Ravens
Nurarihyon no Mago (Called Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan in the west, which is stupid because the title translates to Nurarihyon's Grandson, and one of the major characters is Nurarihyon. Nurarihyon is a famous Yokai of Japanese folklore also. He appears as a little harmless old man and takes up residence in other peoples houses, claiming it's his own. If the owners let him stay he'll be hospitable, vanish the next day and the household will get lots of good fortune; however, if they kick him out as punishment the household will suffer constant misfortune.)
Last but the biggest must watches: Moyashimon and Moyashimon Returns. Two animes about a group of eccentric college students in an agricultural university, and all of their adventures. Revolves around the mascot microbes that only the main character is able to see with the naked eye. He can also hear them and talk to them.

thoughtwrangler

Sep 29, 2014
Tenshi Ni Narumon is probably one of my favorite anime series that virtually no one has heard of. At least not in my experience. I think some company even took a stab at localizing it, but that didn't really go anywhere.

It's about a high school kid and a girl (Noelle) who wants to be an angel. And her relatives are Frankenstein's Monster, a Vampire, a mad genius inventor, a witch and an invisible girl. They're pursued by a "monster of the week" sent by an evil overlord named Dispel-sama who for some reason wants to stop Noelle from becoming an angel at all costs.

Not a single word of that was made up. Just... check it out some time.

Bizzaro Stormy

Oct 19, 2011
There was an anime version of the Wizard of Oz run as a Christmas special in 1984. My family taped it and it was the first version of that story I ever encountered.