What is your favorite obscure Anime?

FoAmY99

Dec 8, 2009
Ninja Nonsense. Probably not as obscure as i'd like to think, but still its one of the funniest animes i've ever watched. Plus Sean Schemmel (Goku from DBZ) does the voice of one of the loud mouth pac-man in the anime

Myster XIII

Nov 11, 2009
I got 2 for you then. Aiki or My balls. both are pretty funny but the later is down right raunchy.

Wander

Nov 18, 2009
I've got a great one none of you have heard of.

Grand Prix No Taka.

But you can't find it anywhere in English, so ehm... Too bad...

Newtilator

Sep 16, 2009
Buso Renkin. A nice little Shonen, that isnt particularly obscure. For some reason no one has ever watched it. Its only 26 episodes long And concerns Alchemist warriors trying to protect humans from Human devouring Homunculi. It reminds me of Bleach, but with a really creepy guy with an obseession for being Evil, awesome and very camp at the same time. His dub voice is hypnotic...
But seriously, if you don't like things like Bleach you won't like it, but I thought it was a good short series.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Umineko No Naku Koro Ni (because it just came out as an anime, although it is better known as a VN)
it has a mind-boggling plot and is only available in Japanese (although there are english subtitles, if you know where to look)
:D

Uilleand

Mar 20, 2009
I don't know if it's obscure...or just old...like me...
But I've always loved Blue Seed.

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
slopeslider said:
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Never heard of Zetsubou being talked about either. Even though it's full of japanese-society-commentary-win.
Ah, this was the first anime I ever saw. I really got hooked on it once they started introducing more and more deranged characters, like that student who relentlessly stalked people. I still love the idea of a sad teacher who often depresses him own students without even trying. Ah, memories...

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
WestMountain said:
Elfen Lied?..
seconded. great series. Ill also say Outlaw star although its not obscure and this may be really not to most peoples tastes but Ouran High School host club is hilarious. watched it with my friend and his girlfriend (her series which may tell you something about it) but laughed the whole way through. Go into it with an open mind and see

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
pantsoffdanceoff said:
Is Soul Eater obscure? I watch it but I don't know anyone else who does...
Its not obscure, on many streaming websites it's almost always in the top 50. It's still a really good anime though.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
I would say Nanoha A's, but a given trip to TV Tropes would kill any claim to obscurity it may have.

I guess I'll go with Scrapped Princess, and I'll leave now as I realize how little anime I've actually seen.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
I love Baki the Grappler, and I find Final Fantasy Unlimited to be worth AT LEAST one sit through, if only for the incredibly awesome summons, and the awesomeness known as Kaze

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
Nmil-ek said:
AcacianLeaves said:
No Dragon Balls, no Orange Ninjas, no ...whatever the fuck Inuyasha is supposed to be - I want to hear about good Anime that I've never heard of.

I'll start. Recently a friend introduced me to a series called "Claymore". This. Is. Awesome. It's about a group of Warrior Women that basically are turned into inhuman fighting machines in order to destroy monsters that feed on human guts known as "Yoma", for a nominal fee.

The art is great, the story is compelling, the characters are interesting, and it doesn't overstay its welcome at a clean 26 episodes. I rarely hear people talk about this anime, but it is easily one of my all time favorites.

So, got any good obscure anime recommendations?

Read the manga after the anime, still ongoing and only updated monthly but where the anime leaves off to its own ending the manga gets even more compelling.

On topic not sure if Berserk is exactly obscure less than mainstream sure but it has a cult following, failing that uhh Outlaw Star maybe?
Berserk is really obscure, since a lot of people like it, but most of society won't even know what you're talking about. Outlaw Star is also obscure, so yes n.n

For me? Heat Guy J, I'll keep posting that in because I can. Gungrave is also not that Mainstream either, but Heat Guy J is my all around favorite.