What is Your Favorite Quote That You Have Heard

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
?Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.? -C.S. Lewis

I actually first heard of this quote here in a thread a long time ago, though I love it probably for the same reason the poster of it a while back loved it.

To base your character on being mature and afraid of being childish means you are not really mature yourself. Enjoy what you want to enjoy.

Its definitely fitting for most of us.

Twintix

Jun 28, 2014
You're dead if you only aim for kids. Adults are just kids grown-up anyway.

Was that a Walt Disney quote? I think it is. And I quite like it. I feel that it resonates quite well with the kids show mentality of "Eh, let's not put in any effort. Kids are too stupid to understand quality, anyway." Try to make a show that is enjoyable for people, not just for kids. I believe that would be the most enjoyable kind of show.

Do we need a reason? Reasons for killing people? I don't get those, and neither do I care. But when saving another person's life, no rational thought is needed.
~Shinichi Kudo, Detective Conan

OK, so it is from my favorite manga. I might remember it incorrectly, but this is uttered by the main character after he and his childhood friend saved a serial killer from falling to his death. Good actions rarely need thought to them, no matter who the good act is directed to. This is why I always try to help people if I can, no matter what mood I'm in or how I feel about the person in question. Helping people feels good, you know?

Rickolas Walrus

Mar 2, 2012
Mine's probably what Luffy said to Jimbe on Fishman Island

"Heroes? No! We're Pirates! I love heroes but I don't wanna be one! Do you know what heroes are? Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it but heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!"