What is your favorite TV show of all time?

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010

Just a great show. It's at any given time: Awesome, artistic, creepy, heartfelt, sad, mystical, funny, or adrenaline pumping.

And I do mean that last one; the episode with the basket assassins got me going.

God what I wouldn't give for a fitting and fulfilling finale...

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
1000 episodes of male soap opera and cheesy writing, but I love it and have watched it (mostly) from day 1.... WWE Raw.
And if you're not down with that I got two words for ya....

Rubashov

Jun 23, 2010
I'm quite partial to Buffy the Vampire Slayer in all its comedically-campy-yet-also-somehow-intellectually-interesting-and-emotionally-affecting glory. More recently, I've discovered the excellent Breaking Bad, which is probably the best show on TV at the moment and is still going strong in its final season. (Game of Thrones is also quite good, but it's a bit overly serious; I need my grimdark to be punctuated with more humor.)

rhyno435

Apr 24, 2009
Chuck. Chuck Chuck Chuck x 1000. My favourite TV show ever. However, it's not currently airing, so my favourites that are airing include: The Mentalist, Breaking Bad, Community, Revenge.

Honourable mention goes to Scrubs. Love that show too, but Chuck takes the title hands down.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
Twin Peaks before it went down the toilet.
I thought it was pretty good up until the ending. I don't mind endings that leave the events afterwards to interpretation, but that was just dumb.

OT: I really like Parks and Recreation. It's one of the most consistently funny sitcoms on TV, and the characters feel genuine. Other than that, I've been watching a lot of The X-Files lately, and Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis are childhood favorites of mine.

deathzero021

Feb 3, 2012
Walking Dead. No other American TV show has ever gotten me so interested.
As for comedy, i'll go with It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Since i'm from Philadelphia the show really does speak to the culture i was raised on. (though not nearly as crazy as they represent it lol)

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Firefly, but that's just because I haven't seen that much TV.

EDIT: Currently airing has to be Breaking Bad.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
The Simpsons is an example of a show that aged horribly, and it's evident from the recent episodes past the twentieth season. But I won't deny that my life wouldn't be the same without it. I tune back in to the classic seasons occasionally, but I do check out the more decent new episodes.

Ed, Edd n' Eddy's a close runner-up. It was the last of the Cartoon-Cartoon block in Cartoon Network to go, and it affected a lot of my tastes in zany humor when I was a kid (which in turn led to my liking for the Nostalgia Critic, and Pinkie Pie from MLP).

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Easily Friday Night Lights. The greatest characters around, all believable and relatable and a pleasure to watch, and all handled by generally fantastic actors. The storylines are good, especially once they start largely ignoring the football aspect. All in all, a warm look at small town life that everyone should watch immediately.

If that doesn't appeal enough to you, I should also mention that Friday Night Lights also has Crucifictorious.

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
Dragon Ball Z, no question.

CAPTCHA: easy as cake

This decision was quite simple, indeed.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Dragon Ball Z will always have a special place in my heart. The cheese and the epicness is just so great.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
I watched all the episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer this summer and enjoyed the hell out of it. It's definitely my favorite TV show. For shows that are currently airing, I'd have to say Breaking Bad or Mad Men.