What is your favourite Super Nintendo game?

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
I thought it was time we made more time for my favourite video game system, generation, and library of all time.

Also, if it's too hard to mention a single favourite, please do make a top 5 or top 10 or something like that. Top 20, if you need, even.

Mine's Chrono Trigger. But I really love just about every game in the library. Among other favourites I would list Earthbound, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Doneky Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Final Fantasy VI, Kirby Super Star, and enough for me to struggle to make a top 10 instead of a top 20.

But I'd like to hear your rankings and favourites(rather, I just want an excuse to talk about the Super Nintendo again).

AcidKnight

Jan 13, 2010
Top 5 list:
1. Final Fantasy 4 (second RPG i ever played, first was Crystalis for NES)
2. Tetris Attack (im a puzzle fanatic)
3. Link to the Past
4. Super Metroid (didnt beat it till about 5 years ago :D)
5. Super Mario World

3 of those are first party games...heh

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Uhh... if memory serves, it was called Rock and Roll Racing. Think Mario Kart with an isometric view and less cartoonish visual style.

To be honest, I can barely remember any games from back then. My old favourites have long since been replaced by much more recent stuff.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
No perticular order:

FF6
Lufia
FF4
Secret of evermore
A link to the past

Also worthy of mention

Super mario world
Star fox
Contra 3
FF mystic quest ( screw you the music is great)
Ninja turtles 4(? I think it was 4)

You got my entire childhood right there.

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
The most fun on the SNES I had was playing "The Chaos Engine"
Sure, it was simple run-and-gun, but, really, it's the SNES, how much simpler do you want?

then again, I was like, 5 the first time I played the thing... although I want to play it now....

brb....

Yeah, Yoshi's Island was also epic... I loved every minute of it...

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Lufia II.
All Donkey Kong Country games.
Yoshi's Island.
Super Mario World.
Tales of Phantasia.
Donald in Maui Mallard

It's hard to pick out the best of those, but they were all pretty good. There were also some good Disney games such as Mickey Magical Quest, Lion King and Aladdin. Things were so much easier back then. Young and naive days most likely made games seem better than they actually were.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time. I loved beat'em ups as a kid and this was the king of them. I probably beat the game over 500 times.

Emz

Jun 13, 2010
Yoshi's Island.
A Link to the Past.
Super Mario World.
Super Tennis (may sound weird but had a lot of fun times playing it with my sister)

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Contra III, or as it is called in Germany, Probotector. It had more Robots in 'em.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
This thread reminds me, which Street Fighter from the SNES era was considered the 'best'? A friend from high school says it's Alpha 2 but I remember being a little person and loving the original SF2.

Anyway, my person top 5 (since that seems to be the emerging trend) is going to be a cop-out because I'm just posting 5 loved games for the SNES.

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
Donkey Kong Country
Star Fox

My original SNES was lost to the tides of time but I was actually given another by my Dad about 8 or 9 months after buying one which turned out to be prettier than his anyway. Anyway, with my new SNES comes games I've bought within the past year so I'll put up a top 5 of those, also in no particular order:

Final Fantasy III (VI)
Illusion of Gaia (haven't got very far in it yet)
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Batman Returns
Super Mario World

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-
Donkey Kong Country
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
UN Squadron
Super Turrican
Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2
Super Mario World
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Contra Spirits (Contra III: The Alien Wars)
Bomberman
Super Mario Kart

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
The first Mega Man X, by far. I honestly don't think any later game in the X series has matched the the feeling the original gave me. It's the only one I've gone out of my way to replay.

Final Fantasy IV comes in at a close second. Probably my favorite RPG of all time.

Chaos James

Bastion of Debauchery
May 27, 2011
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is my number one top title for both the SNES and all time. On the SNES console specifically (and quite possibly overall) in second place is the Illusion of Gaia. Two great games that I suggest everyone should play.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
I don't think super mario all stars would count, since they are remakes of NES games...

So I will go with chrono trigger.