What is your go to movie?

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
If you love movies, chances are you have a go to movie. A movie you can watch anywhere or at anytime. Usually it will be that movie you'll put on to make you feel better after particularly rough day. It might even be a movie you go to every time to get over break-ups, or a movie you can watch a hundred times and still be up for watching it again.

It doesn't have to be your favorite movie, chances are it isn't. So what is your go to movie everyone, and why is it your go to movie?

**Hey Marter if you see this, I just watched the trailer for Scoprion King 3 and it doesn't actually look half terrible. Still if you say Scoprion King 3 in this thread I might cry.**

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Um, well, uh, darn. Kinda already got covered in the OP. Really don't have a lot more to say.

The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption. I love it that much I'm gonna me you cry! I'm sorry.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
There are very very few movies that I have watched multiple times (by myself that is, I suppose there are a few that I've watched multiple times for the sake of a friend with me).

Black Hawk Down: One of my favorite war movies. I love the cinematography, I love the story, I love the sacrifice, I love Tom Sizemore, I love everything about this movie. One of the few movies that I bought the collector's edition for. Also, one of the few movies that bled into my school life (I did a report on "The Battle of Mogadishu" after seeing this film in high school).

Scott Pilgrim versus The World: I have bought this movie a couple of times due to renting them to buddies, forgetting that said buddy has the movie, then buying the movie because I wanted to watch it. I have three copies of this movie.

Anyway, this is the ultimate geek movie for me. I love it's sense of humor, I love the references, I love the music, I love Michael Cera (an actor that I HATED with a burning passion before this movie), I love this movie!

The Boondock Saints: (See Scott Pilgrim about multiple copies)

I love the action of this movie, I love the moral issue this movie brings up, I love the brothers, I love Willem Defoe!, I love this movie.

Any one of these movies will bring me up when I'm down and give me something to do at any time. I love them all for a variety of reasons but I would highly highly highly recommend any of them if you are bored. If you need more info about any of them, I would be happy to write you an essay about why each of these are great.

King Billi

Jul 11, 2012
I've gotta say even though I've only watched it a couple of times I think Scott Pilgrim vs The World may well have become my go to movie as I find myself wanting to watch at the most unexpected times.

I haven't gotten around to buying it multiple times though... yet. ;)

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
Rose and Thorn said:
If you love movies, chances are you have a go to movie. A movie you can watch anywhere or at anytime. Usually it will be that movie you'll put on to make you feel better after particularly rough day. It might even be a movie you go to every time to get over break-ups, or a movie you can watch a hundred times and still be up for watching it again.

It doesn't have to be your favorite movie, chances are it isn't. So what is your go to movie everyone, and why is it your go to movie?

**Hey Marter if you see this, I just watched the trailer for Scoprion King 3 and it doesn't actually look half terrible. Still if you say Scoprion King 3 in this thread I might cry.**
Kiki's delivery service. It's my "hang in there and things will get better" go-to movie.
Go-to movies for other reasons--
Seat of pants biting nails back to the knuckle--Castle in the Sky.
Quoting with friends--Princess Bride
Visually amazing--Urusei Yatsura-Beautiful Dreamer
Sick on a cold day wrapped in a blanket--Escaflowne the Motion Picture (I have *NO* idea why)
Fun & Laughs--Big Trouble in Little China
Wow. Just Wow.--Ah! Megamisama! the Motion Picture.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Probably either Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead. I just love both of them, and I've seen them god knows how many times

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Equilibrium.

I absolutely love that film. Lost count how many times i've watched it.

Or Predator.

I know the lines off by heart to both of those.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Snatch. A great movie, really showed off Guy Ritchie's directing chops (before he somehow flushed them all down the toilet and the only "notable" thing he made in the next decade would be Sherlock Holmes). It's hilarious, it's fast-paced, it's got tons of action, and the cast/acting is just top-notch.

Bambi On Toast

Sep 9, 2011
Have to agree with Lionsfan on Shaun of the Dead. An endlessly quotable and jolly film that never gets boring. Hot Fuzz for similar reasons - but not to the same extent.

I also find Equilibrium a good one to watch! I wouldn't say I watch it constantly, but I've seen it more than a few times in a year (which is quite often when you think about it). Not sure if its the nice music, or the general dystopian theme that I love...

Recently I've been watching Apocalypse Now pretty much on loop. Love the spooky, surreal atmosphere in the later parts of the film.

And obviously ANY film by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Running Man and Total Recall being my person bedtime favourites.

mechashiva77

Jul 10, 2011
Kung Fu Hustle! I love that movie so much. I think it has a great plot, great lessons, great humor, great music, great acting, great action, just great everything. I make it a point to show it to everyone I know if I can.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Lionsfan said:
Probably either Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead. I just love both of them, and I've seen them god knows how many times
I'll always turn to those movies if they are on TV. Also, Starship Troopers. How can you not love that movie? (Unless you are a book purist who disliked Director Paul Verhoeven turning the "criticism of American military" message of the book into "Criticism of American military movies" in the film)

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
mechashiva77 said:
Kung Fu Hustle! I love that movie so much. I think it has a great plot, great lessons, great humor, great music, great acting, great action, just great everything. I make it a point to show it to everyone I know if I can.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdjFPPaisyQ&wide=1

Now, they have NO excuse not to watch it.
One of the best films I've seen too.

OT: Going to echo someone above, Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead.
Also the Rob Downey Jr "Sherlock Holmes" films, something about them is really enjoyable.

Also Scorpion King 3 but that's been said already so...yeah, that too.

Lunatic High

Apr 14, 2012
When I'm baked I watch Grandma's Boy

Most of the time I watch movies just for background noise while I play games

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
The Princess Bride

Or if I want a comedy/its just randomly playing on TV:

Robin Hood: Men in Tights
Clueless
Accepted
Superbad
Shaun of the Dead

Oct 12, 2011
They are the first movies I ever purchased on DvD: Monty Python & the Holy Grail, Blazing Saddles, and Young Frankenstein.

They still make me laugh so hard I cry.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Die Hard. It's an action movie that's also a Christmas movie. It has Bruce Willis and Alan Rickman with a soundtrack ranging from Beeotheven to RUN-DMC. You know a film is good when it was Ode to Joy and Christmas in Hollis. Yipee ki-yay, movie lovers.