What is your IQ?

Zap Rowsdower

Jun 24, 2010
Escapist, what is your IQ? I have never taken an "official" test before, but I just took a test at http://www.intelligencetest.com and it said my IQ was about 150. I know my brother's IQ is 170ish, but what does it say yours is?

Furious Styles

Jul 10, 2010
These things are pretty much irrelevant and I pay them no notice

But, that said, mine was 140(ish) when I took one years ago.

Simple Bluff

Dec 30, 2009
The last time I checked it was 110, but that was about 6 years ago. I'm sure adolescense must've dumbed me down a bit though, I'm almost afraid to take that test now.

EDIT: Not a lot of love for the old IQ tests here, eh?

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
IQ Tests are only good at measuring how good you are at IQ tests. Attributing a number to how well a person answers some pre-set questions doesn't impress me. Wisdom does. Wisdom isn't something any test can really measure, and it's not something you can gain by reading books or doing calculations.

But anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and take a rain check on this because frankly, it means little, and anyone who makes judgements on others based on how they score are simply doing it wrong.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
156 when I took a professional test 9 years ago. They're still a waste of time.

Dirkie

Feb 3, 2009
I wandered trough a test like that a few years ago, it came up around 125/130 something.
But intelligence is one thing, understanding things is something else.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I took the Stanford-Binet array in 1982---and let's just say that there's no way in hell anyone on here will believe me, so I'll save my breath. Let's just say if real life ran on the SPECIAL system, my I would be 10.

RandomWords

Aug 16, 2010
Don't know, there aren't that accurate because people have several different kinds of intelligences that I doubt can all be covered.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
When I was tested in grade...3, I think, I got a 134 after a couple days of being "tested".

ninjaman 420

Feb 18, 2009
Frequen-Z said:
IQ Tests are only good at measuring how good you are at IQ tests. Attributing a number to how well a person answers some pre-set questions doesn't impress me. Wisdom does. Wisdom isn't something any test can really measure, and it's not something you can gain by reading books or doing calculations.

But anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and take a rain check on this because frankly, it means little, and anyone who makes judgements on others based on how they score are simply doing it wrong.
indeed, amen, fo sho, what ever word you wanna use.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
I did one a couple of years ago. got a 130. Or was it 120? hmmm

I don't really care, plus those tests aren't really accurate in testing your intelligence. But yeah... 120- 130.

Why do you ask?

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
I've never been tested, and have no intention of being. I know what I'm capable of, and I don't like others having anymore benchmarks to predict off of.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I took mine at A REAL PLACE; a leanring assessment centre, because of my ADHD.
Mine is 132

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Anna Karina said:
SimuLord said:
I took the Stanford-Binet array in 1982---and let's just say that there's no way in hell anyone on here will believe me, so I'll save my breath. Let's just say if real life ran on the SPECIAL system, my I would be 10.
Ahhh, no say it :p!

though I'm pretty sure standford-binet is the one that produces "higher" results? anyhoo, IQ is a quantitative measure of something that can't be quantitatively measured. It's pointless.

OT: Enough.
I scored 190. At age four. According to their placement tests, the public school system said I should've started in high school. Yay having a mother whose idea of parenting is attention to the intellectual development of her children (the Dr. Boris Sidis theory of parenting...with similar effects on me and my social development as on Boris's son William. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Sidis])