What is your IQ?

nezroy

Oct 3, 2008
Why is it that everyone who was "forced" to take an IQ test, the result of which "doesn't matter" to them, still ends up posting the result they received on these "irrelevant" and "waste of time" tests?

Teehee.

Now if only someone would post a follow up to this that superiorly ridicules me for feeling superior by making fun of other people posting about their superiority, this thread will be complete. Let's get on that, people...

ghostalker.cepo

Dec 31, 2008
nezroy said:
Why is it that everyone who was "forced" to take an IQ test, the result of which "doesn't matter" to them, still ends up posting the result they received on these "irrelevant" and "waste of time" tests?

Teehee.

Now if only someone would post a follow up to this that superiorly ridicules me for feeling superior by making fun of other people posting about their superiority, this thread will be complete. Let's get on that, people...
You're a dick for getting all superior over your superiority. Now shut up, I'm better than you! :p

SulfuricDonut

Feb 25, 2009
134 on this test. I don't see how your brother could have gotten 170 since I got only 3 wrong (90%) and the average IQ is (obviously) 100.

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
ianrocks6495 said:
Kiju said:
ianrocks6495 said:
IQ tests are a bunch of BULL..oney
Got a low IQ score did we?
Nope. Didn't even take it. Actually, I will, just to show how stupid it is. I am a 15 year old 10th grader with a 3.2 GPA. And my IQ is...... 144! Wow! I'm a genius! Well I guess I'll go get my grant from the government! I'm a genius! Wow! See? This test is BULL..oney. I'm no genius, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say none of you are either. No offense.
IQ tests aren't there to see how intelligent you are. They never were. An IQ score shows, in layman's terms, your potential. It shows how far your brain can mature and grow (smarter, in this case). Those with a low IQ will probably level off at a certain age group, those with a high IQ will keep learning and learning, growing smarter with each thing they learn.

Just because someone might have an IQ of 200 doesn't make them a super-genius. It just gives them the potential to become one, provided they keep learning.

Also, I hate you. My GPA was barely pushing 2.0. :\ Ah well. I still graduated in my Freshman year, so whatever...(Got a G.E.D.)

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Normally I score very high but since I've been watching Jersey Shore lately I would say my IQ is around a 40.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Kiju said:
IQ tests aren't there to see how intelligent you are. They never were. An IQ score shows, in layman's terms, your potential. It shows how far your brain can mature and grow (smarter, in this case). Those with a low IQ will probably level off at a certain age group, those with a high IQ will keep learning and learning, growing smarter with each thing they learn.
Personally, I find a claim that an IQ test is capable of measuring one's future potential even more unlikely than the idea that it can measure their current status. It's going from measuring the unmeasurable to forecasting the future.

Cyrax987

Aug 3, 2009
How is everyone getting a score on the average of 140 on these forums? Albert Einstein was 160, seriously.

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
Hell if I know, and I really don't like internet tests because they always give me either something insane like 180 (I know I'm smart, but I'm not 180. I know that much) or something really low like 85.

That said, I'd estimate myself somewhere in the 120-140 range. Where exactly I have no clue.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
I got 124 when i was tested, i'm okay with that.

Zap Rowsdower said:
Escapist, what is your IQ? I have never taken an "official" test before, but I just took a test at http://www.intelligencetest.com and it said my IQ was about 150. I know my brother's IQ is 170ish, but what does it say yours is?
Riiiiiiiiiight... You and your brother must be supergeniuses then.

Arcticflame

Nov 7, 2006
nezroy said:

Teehee.

Because those smart enough to have a humongous IQ are smart enough to know it isn't at all useful. My record breaking IQ of 340 allows me the insight of IQ scores are worthless indicators of intelligence.

Wait a second, my IQ tells me that doesn't make sense.

Well.. I'm out of ideas.

(Honestly, I've never done a formal IQ test, the only non-official ones I've done I've gotten around 130-150).

Your once and future Fanboy

The Norwegian One
Feb 11, 2009
I took one about 8 years ago, that was several pages long and much more accurate, and an acctual test that they had throught the whole Norway, not just another IQ teston the internet with the same questions every time.(i looked at the questions here and all of them are simple math and logic tests, i wouldn't use ths as an acctual test).

anyways, the one i took 8 years ago, at the age of 13, marked me with a 115 IQ, i would love to take that same test again, or one where the scores are balanced according to that test (because some of these test are really diferent in what the average score is)

Mar 9, 2010
I've had 116 when I was 13, 124 when I was 14, 139 when I was 15 and now I get 126.

Average is around 126 but I don't trust these tests enough to say that's an accurate figure. I think it's more.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
it was either 120 or 140. it said above average and i got higher scores on my math than on my language skills. The irony is math is my worst subject. This was 2 years ago however

*edit*
i just want to say my test was an official IQ test and not some internet test. I was part of my psychological evaluation

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
I do not trust online IQ tests. I have always wanted to take a real one though. I'm not sure how I'd do. Maybe above average, but I am not that sure.

JSDodd

Jul 29, 2010
No one IQ test will give you an assesment of anything other than your ability to do that style of mental exam. Only a comprehensive and indepth analysis using a variety of different testing methods will give you an accurate result

WilliamRLBaker

Jan 8, 2010
when they did when I was a kid, it was 150's...but later on its pretty bad...but then again I dont trust IQ tests...they test you with some of the simplist stuff when your a kid.