What is your opinion on the Death Penalty and why?

Legendary Alucard

Sep 15, 2010
I personally have mixed feelings about it, I dont think we should Execute Small Offenders, But i do think we should take care of those who got Caught with child Rape and call in the old firing squad.. So what is your opninion?

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
This again?

As always, I do support it. I mean, why not? Murderers, serial killers, rapists... why should we protect them? They did the bloody thing, they should face the consequences. Besides, a death penalty should make less people think about committing those crimes, no?

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
SomeLameStuff said:
This again?
We seem to have a very small reference pool on these forums. On an average day, in latest threads we'll get a few trolls threads, ten or so frequent repeaters, and the rest will be meaningless nonsense. Sigh.

OT: I'm always against it. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, and so on.

Legendary Alucard

Sep 15, 2010
SomeLameStuff said:
This again?

As always, I do support it. I mean, why not? Murderers, serial killers, rapists... why should we protect them? They did the bloody thing, they should face the consequences. Besides, a death penalty should make less people think about committing those crimes, no?
This again -_- If you dont like it dont reply on it.. Im just doing this For school, Workin on a project... And why protect them? You know how many ppl end up on Death row for self Defence?

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
I think there is something wrong with the system they have in place in America now. Because basically if you commit level 1 murder, you plan to kill an innocent person and then you do it, you're sentenced to death, right? And that's fine, I mean "an eye for an eye" right?
But what if the person being sentenced is innocent?
This has happened before. Does that not mean that the person who sentenced that person to death has commited murder? I mean they (judge and jury) killed an innocent man. So they should die too, by the logic of "an eye for an eye".
It's that "IF" that makes me think that you should give prisoners a chance, and just let them rot in jail instead (if they've actually done something). Death is irreversible.

Kirkby

May 3, 2010
In theory im for it, but there are two worryin exceptions. If someone is framed and killing in self defence. If you can proove it was them 100% and the killing was out of pure mallice, then order me up a good firing squad

the other condition is in self defence. Killing to protect your own life is necessary sometimes and it seems unfair to do all that just to b executed again

o but then theres pedos. I dont see any excuse why they shoudnt be removed from society, whats worse than scarring a child for life?

AnnaIME

Empress of Baked Goods
Dec 15, 2009
If all the justice systems of the world were infallable, only then the death penalty could be considered - and decided against, because people should not kill other people if there is any other option.

Good luck with your project.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
SomeLameStuff said:
This again?
We seem to have a very small reference pool on these forums. On an average day, in latest threads we'll get a few trolls threads, ten or so frequent repeaters, and the rest will be meaningless nonsense. Sigh.

OT: I'm always against it. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, and so on.
The more depressing thing is how people complain about the lack of original threads but every week i see good original threads get buried within a couple of hours.Sigh

OT:I am for it i think what ever you do to some one should be done apon you.You steal you have the money stolen back plus the same amount took from you and if you kill someone you get excuted.I feel this would make a lot of criminals think twice before they do commit crime.But it would have to be nearly completely evident that the person was guilty like he got caught on cctv or got caught doing it in front of a number of witnesses.

TheReactorSings

Apr 6, 2009
I don't know much of the literature on this subject, but if you're interested, Reflections on Hanging by Arthur Koestler is worth reading. It specifically addresses the death penalty in the UK, but it still makes a good general case against the practice.

Furious Styles

Jul 10, 2010
I'm opposed to it in all but the most extreme of cases. An example of someone who unequivocally deserved to die was Ted Bundy, other's include John Wayne Gacy, Andrei chikatilo and various others throughout history. Anyone less than an absolute monster should not be killed, or if there is even a shred of doubt as to their guilt.

Unless you see death as preferable to life... whichever pisses them off more.

Kevonovitch

Apr 15, 2009
Phenom828 said:
I think there is something wrong woth the system they have in place now. Because basically if you commit level 1 murder, you plan to kill an innocent person and then you do it, you're sentenced to death, right? And that's fine, I mean "an eye for an eye" right? But what if the person being sentenced is innocent?
This has happened before. Does that not mean that the person who sentenced that person to death has commited murder? I mean they (judge and jury) killed an inncoent man. It's that "IF" that makes me think that you should give prisoners a chance, and just let them rot in jail instead (if they've actually done something). Death is so final.
im all for capital punishment, i think it's retarded that we removed it for "humane" reasons. i hope your "humanity" can account for all the rapists, murdered, high level dealers/"organization" members, all the death's, crime, corruption, cost to tax dollars, and waste of cities, people and time, your "humanity" may have been justified to a couple old farts in a fancry room, now how about the rest of the country, which are the ones that suffer for this flawed bass-ackwards logic.

to the dude i quoted:

thats always been a problem, the saying goes "80% of all people who get arrested are innocent, and only the innocent get punished for all the crime." aswell as "no system is above looking good, right or wrong dosen't matter to them, the court room is just a circus of lying for one side to get what they want out of it, so if it makes them look good, do you really think even the police don't have writters?"-the unit (for the 2nd one, the 1st one i saw on a movie, forgot the name, and heard it on CSI and a couple other things XD)

khiliani

May 27, 2010
Against it my self. to claim the state has a moral highground, and can decide who lives or dies is a rather disterbing precident to make.

and has been said above, its a bit hard to take back if you get it wrong, and it is gotten wrong quite often

Boxi

Oct 13, 2010
This issue goes deeper than personal opinion, although I believe that if someone chooses to destroy another's life, be it through rape, murder, or anything else, the damage wrought upon another shall be wrought upon thee. Additionally, I'm sure the Catholic Church would love it if it came up in parliament.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Legendary Alucard said:
SomeLameStuff said:
This again?

This again -_- If you dont like it dont reply on it.. Im just doing this For school, Workin on a project... And why protect them? You know how many ppl end up on Death row for self Defence?
You know how many others go free after murder, only to kill again?

A terrorist, Mas Selamat, was caught planning a plane hijack-and-ram-into-building-like-9/11 thing. He escaped the death sentence, and broke out of prison soon after. It took a YEAR to hunt him down, a year which he could easily have carried out his plan.

I'll bet you, if he did manage to carry it out, people will be yelling at how he wasn't given the death penalty.

Artinam

Jan 5, 2008
Untill the system becomes watertight and there is 0% risk of convincting an innocent person and basicly murdering him, I am a definate nay sayer. Even if the system becomes near perfect I rather see these guys rot in a jailcell for 50+ years then killing them.

Kevonovitch

Apr 15, 2009
TestECull said:
I say a bullet to the brain is befitting some individuals that just won't reform. It's quick, it's painless, it costs taxpayers the best part of a dollar, and it's quite efficient.
actually, some bullets, abour 3 cents, and then to clean it up, including burial, is like maybe 2400$ w/ salaries paid, alot LESS than lethal injection, or holding 1 prisoner for a month. not to mention, once you start offing them, your saving crap-tonnes. fuck "humane" this is what our "humanity" is costing us to live with, it's REALLY not worth it, nor our children, oh wait, aren't child rapists a problem aswell? don't most get only 2-6 years, and thats including probation w/ psych exams, payed for by taxes. hmm, food for thought maybe?