What is your 'pet' genre?

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
RPGs or Action/Adventure, probably. I'd say Sandbox but I actually haven't played that many of them.

ShatterPalm

Sep 25, 2010
Fantasy and Action RPGs. I would say TBS, but the only games that do that well are the fire emblem series, and almost everything else is crap.

mikekearn

Erudite Loquaciousness
Aug 27, 2008
RPGs, in almost any form. Mostly I prefer first person RPGs, like Oblivion and Fallout 3, but I've played a huge number of Japanese RPGs and old school sprite based RPGs. I enjoy the ability to craft out a unique character.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
Cogwheel said:
hopeneverdies said:
Cogwheel said:
A real pet genre, though? Bullet hell. Mildly obscure, but I'll play most of the ones I come across. Which doesn't mean much in practice, since I can't acquire many games of the sort.
I was hoping to be the first to call it, but hey, I'm not alone in this I guess. I love me some Bullet Hell. So pretty, and yet so intense.
Gets the whole More Dakka thing taken care of, certainly. Pity I'm no good at it.
I'm fairly average, but what I can do has already impressed every person I've showed it to. I'm sure even doing semi-terribly would be enough to wow your friends into thinking you're god.

zero_blahs

Nov 26, 2009
I think people have pet confused with favorite I think pet is a genre you like the concept of but it hasnt produced many games you like maybe im way off base with this but ohwell.
My favorite genre is RPG
My pet genre is Survival doesnt really need to be horror just has to present a challenge like food water heat ect.