What is your PURPOSE of life?

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
The purpose, not the meaning. What are we supposed to do with it? What is the point?

EDIT: I'm not asking for a magic, all purpose, just-get-here-and-you'll-be-fine thing, I'm asking for what you think we're supposed to do. Leave a mark, or live for fun? Change the world, or go for the thrills?

EDIT mk. 2: What you consider the purpose. YOU!

GamerKT

Jul 27, 2009
None. There's no magical goal. You're born, you live, you die; these are constants. What you do in between is entirely up to you.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Prince Regent said:
There is none, so try to have some fun before you die.
Well, wouldn't that be the purpose? I'm not asking for a "magical goal," I'm asking for what we should do with it, from your point of view. Maybe I didn't clarify.

Tourmeta

Apr 25, 2011
Purpose is a human-made concept. Humans didn't create life nor the universe.

Edit: Ok, yeah I guess hedonism is cool.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism#Personal_meaning

This. I really feel that whatever we're indoctrinated with holds no true, universal meaning.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
The only factor separating humanity from animals is the ability to think rationally. This allows us to overcome all challenges that predators and such might pose, exploit the Earth's resources, and as the first creatures on this planet; Travel through space.

Our unique ability in relation to the rest of the planet's lifeforms (which merely maintain the habitable atmosphere) is to spread them, and our desire for the advancement of our living standards and security compels us to do this.

At present we are unable to perform this action pending sufficiently advanced technology to carry it out, so our goal is to secure the stability and a measure of excess resources to be devoted to obtaining this technology.

So either go into science and help directly, go into some other form of work and ensure the resources for it are obtained, or go into law enforcement or the army and ensure that the stability needed for the process to continue is present.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Istvan said:
The only factor separating humanity from animals is the ability to think rationally. This allows us to overcome all challenges that predators and such might pose, exploit the Earth's resources, and as the first creatures on this planet; Travel through space.

Our unique ability in relation to the rest of the planet's lifeforms (which merely maintain the habitable atmosphere) is to spread them, and our desire for the advancement of our living standards and security compels us to do this.

At present we are unable to perform this action pending sufficiently advanced technology to carry it out, so our goal is to secure the stability and a measure of excess resources to be devoted to obtaining this technology.

So either go into science and help directly, go into some other form of work and ensure the resources for it are obtained, or go into law enforcement or the army and ensure that the stability for the process to continue is present.
Wow... That seems really well thought out and planned. Well done.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
As calculated by an enormous supercomputer over a period of 7.5 million "The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything" appears to be number 42.
Ahhh math & technology always provide best answers.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
CoL0sS said:
As calculated by an enormous supercomputer over a period of 7.5 million "The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything" appears to be number 42.
No, no, no, that's the meaning, the purpose is probably aaround 57.354.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
To get screwed by everyone you meet, fall for, work for and vote for.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
retyopy said:
CoL0sS said:
No, no, no, that's the meaning, the purpose is probably aaround 57.354.
Well it has been 7 milion years. Computer's bound to make some slight miscalculations.
Or go crazy GLaDOS style :D

IKSA

Jun 30, 2011
Point of life is life you will get one shot now shut up and enjoy your life after it you won't get another shot. (unless you belive that you will born again as human cow or whatever after it.)