What is your PURPOSE of life?

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
cthulhumythos said:
well, i just live to enjoy it. also the for the sake of living.
That sounds reasonable.
CoL0sS said:
retyopy said:
CoL0sS said:
As calculated by an enormous supercomputer over a period of 7.5 million "The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything" appears to be number 42.
Ahhh math & technology always provide best answers.
No, no, no, that's the meaning, the purpose is probably aaround 57.354.
Well it has been 7 milion years. Computer's bound to make some slight miscalculations.
Or go crazy GLaDOS style :D
Oh Frooz, can you imagine that? "The answer to everything... is DEATH!" Then she just drops the Supernova bomb (Sorry if that's not its name, I haven't read the books in a while) on the whole thing. BAM!

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Lightning Delight said:
Why does life need a purpose? Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Well, that's sort of a purpose in of itself, isn't it? Also, great username.

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
Reproduction, every cell in your body aches to reproduce by the process of super-sexy mitosis.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Enjoyment all the way! The game it to ballance the enjoyment with the means to get the enjoyment! Tou get a really high score if you can get a job you enjoy, and enjoy all the things around the job! Score multiplier if you add a relationship into the mix, or if your job is something completly different to the activities you get up to at home!

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
retyopy said:
cthulhumythos said:
well, i just live to enjoy it. also the for the sake of living.
That sounds reasonable.
CoL0sS said:
retyopy said:
CoL0sS said:
As calculated by an enormous supercomputer over a period of 7.5 million "The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything" appears to be number 42.
Ahhh math & technology always provide best answers.
No, no, no, that's the meaning, the purpose is probably aaround 57.354.
Well it has been 7 milion years. Computer's bound to make some slight miscalculations.
Or go crazy GLaDOS style :D
Oh Frooz, can you imagine that? "The answer to everything... is DEATH!" Then she just drops the Supernova bomb (Sorry if that's not its name, I haven't read the books in a while) on the whole thing. BAM!
Don't forget the nerve toxin. On the plus side, we'd all have portal guns.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Abandon4093 said:
Why do people ask silly questions like this?

There isn't one, but more importantly. Why do you want one?

The purpose (if you can call it such) I give myself is to enjoy my life, it's too short to worry about what you've done with it. When you're dead who's going to care? (barring people who have the capability to make a massive impact.)

As far as I'm concerned I'll be happy on my deathbed if I can say I didn't hold back. I went out and tried whatever I fancied trying and I enjoyed my life.
I'm not asking for a single answer, I'm asking for what you think is what we should do.
Hyper-space said:
Reproduction, every cell in your body aches to reproduce by the process of super-sexy mitosis.
You must lead an exciting life.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
As much as we can speak of a purpose to life, it is to live and continue living.

By extension, to grow and spread and multiply in order to ensure the existence of life as a while, for the individual will soon die.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Life has no purpose, so the only purpose it can have is one we give it.

So be nice and have fun.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
retyopy said:
wooty said:
To get screwed by everyone you meet, fall for, work for and vote for.
Screwed over, or just screwed? Either way, sounds reasonable.
That was my question.

OT: What do we do with life? Well, I like grinding it into a fine powder and snorting it.[footnote]Not actually a drug user, except for the occasional smoking of pot[/footnote]

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Lumber Barber said:
There isn't one. You make it for yourself.
On an unrelated note, my cat is trying to eat my mini-Anduril sword!
Perhaps trying to stop cats from eating swords is the purpose of life.

Nov 12, 2010
retyopy said:
The purpose, not the meaning. What are we supposed to do with it? What is the point?

EDIT: I'm not asking for a magic, all purpose, just-get-here-and-you'll-be-fine thing, I'm asking for what you think we're supposed to do. Leave a mark, or live for fun? Change the world, or go for the thrills?
There isn't the purpose of life. There's a purpose of a life. Your own purpose of your own life. There really is no wrong answer here.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
My opinion has always been thus: Life has no inherent meaning or purpose, it only has the meaning or purpose that we ourselves give it.