What is your PURPOSE of life?

nhensley

Dec 24, 2010
Well I would say the purpose of life is to be happy and to avoid suffering. Yet I don't envision the happy life as one filled with friends, wealth, pleasure, romantic love, or having the human race behave in a certain way. I feel that these short term pleasures are fleeting, and attempting to find lasting fulfillment through them will create distress. Hence in my opinion one can only find lasting happiness through the practice of loving-kindness directed outward towards all living things and detaching one's self from the objects of the materialistic world.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
The idea of purpose is just a side effect of sentience. There isn't a general purpose for us or anyone. The closest we have is to survive as long as we can.
Also, it's purpose IN life. Not purpose OF life.

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
It is my purpose to persevere, to study drama and film and some day join the ranks of Jack Nicholson, Anthony Hopkins and Orson Wellse.

Ocarina007

Nov 8, 2010
My purpose is to take responsibilty for my actions.
I made some mistakes I wasn't even aware of, but that doesn't excuse it.
I hurt so many people and I will do anything for forgiveness.
Even if it takes a lifetime.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Well, I figure life's about having fun! Though not totally about having fun, if I can improve life for everyone else at the same time then hot damn I'm on a role.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
Yes, as everybody has already said, I don't believe in any universal, objective, or even meaningful purpose in my life.

That said, I want to be a writer. That's the only reason I breathe. If I can't be a writer, I would sooner kill myself than work some dead-end job to make ends meet, because that's not a life I deem worth living. I'd rather be a failed writer than a successful accountant.

When I die, either I die quietly, or my work goes on for another little while. It doesn't really matter either way, but I'd prefer the latter.

Kamehapa

Oct 8, 2009
There is no divine purpose, but I guess from a biological persepective to ensure life continues for further generations.

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
I believe my sole purpose in this life was to bring my children into the world. Without them I wouldn't be here. I genuinely believe my girls are going to change many other lives the way they have changed mine.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Togs said:
wooty said:
To get screwed by everyone you meet, fall for, work for and vote for.
Everytime I see you post its something like this- get help mate sounds like you got some serious issues.
Nah, im alright, im just quite a large pessimist at heart. Its just the way I deal with things lad.

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
To try and reach your ultimate goal. It's impossible, but hey it keeps you occupied, doesn't it?

OK, for real now: the purpouse of life is to hang out with friends, have a good time and die happy knowing that not only YOU had fun, but made someone else's short time on this rock a bit more entertaining as well.