What is your PURPOSE of life?

Freethinker101

Sep 19, 2010
My purpose in life is simple, as is everyone else. But in my life I plan to make a mark, whether in the destruction of a cooperation or the creation on one, the invention of technology or the support of it, I hope I can do this, as anyone else can. I will try to leave one, is there anything more you can ask of me or the human race?

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
A purpose inherent to life? None that I can see.

A purpose that I've decided my life has? To leave this place better than when I arived. Make someone a little happier, contribute to science etc.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
If the computer scientists are to be believed, the purpose of life is to achieve sapience. If we assume that the universe is basically one big Turing test, then the idea that life is to achieve sapience isn't so far fetched.

Alexander Bradley

Dec 31, 2010
As much I really believe there is no universal purpose to life other than to understand who we are and understand our surroundings, my personal purpose in life is to make myself a better person, understand why I act the way I do, and help others do the same. There are also little specific things I do to feel a sense of self purpose such as my want to be in a successful, lifelong relationship, being a successful business owner, and being a relatively successful musician.

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
The purpose of my life is to find and enjoy anything and everything that stirs me up. Everything that makes the hairs on my arms rise and my heart pound. Art, music, dance, literature, sceneries of nature, conversations and silences with marvelous people, heartwrenching and mindblowing stories, you name it. Another purpose of my life is to enjoy my companionships with my family, my friends, and the man that I love more than anything else.
So all in all, to enjoy everything in my life to the fullest extent possible. Whatever happens after this life is something I'll handle when I'm dead.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
To not die?

I realize that's not a particularly interesting answer, but most people don't have some single goal that encompasses the meaning of their existence.

Kaland

Jan 22, 2011
My purpose consists of several goals:
-Take care of family and close friends, and try to make them happy
-Avoid dying for as long as possible
-Keep myself in a mentally and physicly fit shape
-Maintain a plethora of different interests to keep life exciting and interesting
-Try being helpful and nice to strangers when possible
-Endulge myself pretty often

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
I live my life happy in the knowledge that there is no purpose. There's no pass mark, no quota for what you should have achieved and by what age. You can try, you can fail, you can coast through life and you can have another bite at the cherry when you feel like it. There are no rules. You can gain security and happiness through improving yourself and the relationships you have with people. But then again, you can turn your back on society's expectations and do your own thing if you want. And when it's all over, sod it, I'll be dead. I don't expect I'll be famous or infamous enough to make it into any history books.

But if life did have a purpose? I suppose it would be, "just live". Life is a journey, not a destination.