What kind of music bands do you enjoy listening to?

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
Guys. So in this thread you can post what kind of artists and bands you listen to usually.

For me, I like the bands Primal Fear, Overkill, DragonForce, Megadeth, Daughtry to name a few.

So what about you guys? Also, do you guys like any of the bands I mentioned? If yes then Im all ears to hear what you think about them.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
My thoughts on your bands: never heard of them, never heard of them, no thanks, alright, no thanks.

My favorite band of all time is the Minutemen, while my favorite putting out music today is Japandroids.

aggers

Aug 24, 2010
well i have 100.93GB of music in my itunes sooooo im pretty much into most music.

just off the top of my head though im into to : gorillaz, josh martinez, Daft punk, most things of rhymesayers entertainment, notorius B.i.g, nina simone, the band, bb king, primal scream, space monkeyz

its a pretty eclectic mix but i just like whatever - HATE brostep though really like real old school dub and two step

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Sir your titles have a lot of redundancy....

OT: If I had to choose three it'd be,

TheFunPolice

Mar 29, 2011
I'm into lots of music, but I guess my main bands would be

The Fratellis
Muse
The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Any band that plays Blues
Arctic Monkeys
Sea Legs
The Hives
The Clash
The Beatles
The Black Keys
Vintage Trouble
The White Stripes
The who

so that's just like, the basic lot. But basically I'll listen to anything as long as it isn't Hard metal or a stupid girl with a guitar singing love songs.....I really can't stand those

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
My favourite artist is currently Paul Wardingham for his instrumental cyber metal music.

I mean good god just listen to this AWESOMENESS. I have this particular song on repeat ALL DAMN DAY.

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
Shock and Awe said:
Bamba said:
Launcelot111 said:
Bamba said:
Shock and Awe said:
Wait, what are you talking about?
I'm guessing he's talking about your love of music bands.
I see. And what does redundancy has to do with it?
And girls' external looks. It was an aside thing.
Alright. So Im assuming you've never heard of the bands I mentioned eh?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
It depends on what I'm in the mood for.

If I'm writing, I'll listen to ambient music like

If I'm in a reflective or somber mood, I'll listen to soft music like

If I'm in a nostalgic mood, I'll listen to something like

If I'm in a bad mood/playing a game that I don't need the in-game sound, I'll listen to stuff like

If I want to just enjoy myself, I'll listen to stuff like

And if I want to really get into the music and examine it on a more technical level, I'll listen to stuff like

That should about cover most of it. There are other stragglers, like Hollywood Undead, Eminem, Pendulum, Deftones, Good Charlotte, Innerpartysystem, etc. you get the point.

aggers

Aug 24, 2010
aggers said:
well i have 100.93GB of music in my itunes sooooo im pretty much into most music.
Sweet is this a competition? I have 168+ gb[/quote]

not at all, didn't mean it to come across arrogantly. just highlighted it to reflect the diversity of music i like

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Bamba said:
Shock and Awe said:
Bamba said:
Launcelot111 said:
Bamba said:
Shock and Awe said:
Wait, what are you talking about?
I'm guessing he's talking about your love of music bands.
I see. And what does redundancy has to do with it?
And girls' external looks. It was an aside thing.
Alright. So Im assuming you've never heard of the bands I mentioned eh?
No, what I am saying is the way you are phrasing your titles is redundant. Like saying "an apple fruit" the fruit part was not needed because you already said apple. Same thing with "musical band".

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
At the moment I am listening to quite a bit of Interpol and Julian Plenti:

I have also been listening to Voltaire, Hudson Mohawke, The Hundred in the hands, Matchbox twenty and The Django unchained soundtrack.

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
Metal is my preferred musical genre to listen to, most of the time. But, it can get diverse enough just in that category alone.

My top three would probably be: Megadeth, GWAR and Rammstein.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
I mostly listen to classic rock. The beatles, the who, led zeppelin, the cure, the kinks, the smiths. That sort of thing. Though I listen to a fair bit from other genres too, classic rock would be my default position.

As for the bands you mentioned, I've vaguely heard of most of them, but I don't think I've heard any of their songs.
As far as I know they're all heavy metal, and the hardest band I listen to is AC/DC.