What kind of NPC would you be?

Mr Scott

Apr 15, 2008
Kind? Definitely one of the over-powered characters in an RPG you just recruited, so I could lounge around killing Lv.30 hydras by extending my pinkie-toe.

For a specific... Alex from Golden Sun, what a pimp!

Akatsuki_slave

Apr 7, 2008
I'd be that dog in Link's Awakening for the GB that bit Link when you hit it with the sword. Yep, I wanna bite Link's ass. That's kinda weird. . .

stevesan

Oct 31, 2006
how about...the driver in those rail shooter sections.

"whoaahh!!"
"watch out!!"
"nice shot!!"
"shoot that log!!!"

Feb 13, 2008
"Rather than offer you the illusion of free choice, I will take the liberty of choosing for you... if and when your time comes round again. I do apologize for what must seem to you an arbitrary imposition, Dr. Freeman. I trust it will all make sense to you in the course of... well... I'm really not at liberty to say. In the meantime... this is where I get off."

Minky_man

Mar 22, 2008
I wanna be the guy that says "ACTION" "RELOAD" "DANGER" in the old Time Crisis games, then throw them for a loop and randomly say "PORRIDGE"

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
Minky_man said:
I wanna be the guy that says "ACTION" "RELOAD" "DANGER" in the old Time Crisis games, then throw them for a loop and randomly say "PORRIDGE"
crap! what do i do? he told me to "porridge". damnit i dont know! maybe i should look for the porridge? is it behind that window? oh no"danger"?! ope, im dead. nice job porridge guy going and getting me killed. you suck.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
You remember in Oblivion there were those guys who would walk around the block, meet each other, start talking in ridiculous scripted language: "They say that when you murder someone, the dark brotherhood visit you in your sleep. It's how they recruit new members." Then they walk around the block again and say exactly the same thing. Repeated ad-nauseum.

Yep, that'd be me.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
ummmm obvious one incoming

in a game where cats rule and the player is trying to do something (i dunno maybe he is a assassin)

and i randomly appear and take potshots at him with my sniper rifle

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
lets see...i would either be a rebel from hl2 who thinks that personal space is overated in urban combat and abusing the lack of friendly fire by running in front of every goddam bullet you shoot or a combine who has some sort of fetish for explosive barrels and is never seen without them.

Defyant

Apr 6, 2008
Hm, dunno. Probably a random fool walking around in a drunk haze but when you get near me I'll take your head off with my 50" longsword, then chop it up into sand-sized bits.

Whiskyjakk

Apr 10, 2008
Think Slippy from lylat wars ... although if there was any way to be more annoying I'd go for that. Alternatively one of the nameless bad guys that run in and attack the hero one by one and get butchered in inventive ways to show how badass he is.

The Potato Lord

Dec 20, 2007
I'd be that jerk vendor just before a boss battle in RPGs who sells the best/ the crappiest equipment and ungodly prices.

"you'd like a rusted broken butterknife? 60,000 gold and your soul please."

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
The guy who breaks the fourth wall with the only line he has in the entire course of the game.

strangemusic

Mar 20, 2008
"Your princess is in another castle!"

Or... one of the NPCs from Psychonauts. Any of them. They're all so freakin' awesome!

mwhite67

Mar 19, 2008
I'd be really average looking so you couldn't remember if you talked to me yet or not but when you talk to me again I would always say the exact same thing and it would be like 8 screens of really boring text that is insignificant to the plot that you can't skip through

Professor Ardwulf

Feb 15, 2008
Toss up between trainer and quest giver, probably end up doing both.

"We might just prevail" means that we are locked in an eternal struggle, except in the occasional cut scene where someone wins something.