What makes you known on the Escapist?

Knight of Cydonia

Sep 22, 2008
There was a firefight game thread once and I got too play in it.

Also looking at the other people that have commented on this thread I seem to be the only one that joined in the old '08.

matsugawa

Mar 18, 2009
Around these forums, I'm known for:

A poll entitled "Can your 5 year-old spell 'Potato'?"
my voracious anti-piracy stance.
Relatively long comments.
Criticisms of various changes on The Escapist.

Apr 24, 2008
Kingcallum said:

Also looking at the other people that have commented on this thread I seem to be the only one that joined in the old '08.
Nope, 2 years and 2000 posts in and I'm still an unknown quantity around here.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
Kingcallum said:

No way, dude. I know you.

/hums themes song

Doot doot da doot doot doot dee dee, Sexual Harrasment... Pannnda!

^_^

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
mrhappyface said:
What makes you known on the Escapist? For example, lots of people seem to recognize me as an Escapist veteran member, despite my low posts counts compared to others. The reason being, I believe, is the fact that I have made over 1000 threads. What makes you known on the Escapist?
Post often, and post first. That's what gets you known. As can particularly obvious deeds like the many user-made guideline threads stickied at the top of the forums.

Sexual Harassment Panda said:
Kingcallum said:

Ditto. Simply being around for a long time does little if you seek e-stardom.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Nothing much I suspect, I do (and care) little to stand out from the crowd.

I'd like to think that a few regulars in Religion & Politics get vague associations of "liberal atheist" when they happen upon my avatar though.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
I'm not really known =( I'm just an average user tbh, don't really do anything to make myself known, although people probably have seen me about...

Simply because of Pikachu with a Darth Vader mask on as my avatar...

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
Everyone looks up to me. They're always saying how awesome I am and how much they wish they could be like me. Honestly? Don't blame them.

Yep. I am awesome....

swolf

May 3, 2010
Probably because I have a bad habit of posting twice on the same thread. I don't do it on purpose. The first is a reply to the OP and the second one is typically a response to somebody else who responded to that thread via a quote...that and the pic of my daughter because she's so cute.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Honestly, I do not think I am known for anything on the Escapist. That is most likely a good thing though. I would rather not be known then be known for being silly or something along those lines.

Feb 18, 2009
Krimson Kun said:
nothing, I've just joined today
Well, in that case, you shall be known as The Guy Who Joined Today, but since I don´t feel like writing that every time I refer to you, I will call you Ted.
I hope you don´t mind me calling you Ted, Bob.

Anyway, I´m known for not being Random Argument Man.

EDIT:
zombiesinc said:
Snotnarok said:
I'd be surprised if anyone knew me :|
Me too my friend, me too...
Your presence always reminds me not to look through the peephole ever again.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Dunno. I don't try to do anything just to get more known. If I had to guess, though, it would probably be:
My Red XIII avatar - love that li'l bugger
Being Norwegian and loud about it
Being an annoying, provoking git
Being a bioware fanboy

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Kingcallum said:
'08? Bah! Young whipersnapper.

I'm known for being one of the oldest members still regularly active, my Avian Avatars which have gotten some recognition, as well as work at the Stargate Fan club of which I am now the owner.