What Makes You Rage Uncontrollably?

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
This thread is actually pretty self- explanatory. What makes you rage uncontrollably and froth at the mouth? What makes you throw all logic out the window and type furiously on the keyboard all the while muttering threats and curses at everything and anyone?

Also...while we are here. What's up with all the anger lately Escapists? Did Jack Thompson say something dumb again?

EDIT: I wasn't really sure if I should put this in the gaming section or the off topic section. So...i just clicked the gaming section.

EDIT2: In hindsight, it probably belongs in the off topic section. Guess that's what I get for trying to multi-task this late at night. Sorry everyone!

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Whiney emo kids complaining about their 'terrible' lives. I had to put up with it for two years and now when I hear someone going on about how awful their life is when it really isn't that bad I just lose it.

I also get very angry whenever talking about a certain ex best friend though it's probably something that will pass.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Pretty much anything and everything. I an equal opportunity rage filled prick.

Seitou

Apr 17, 2009
Any time I'm playing a multi-player game and people actually say text speak over the mic. Mother****** if you have a microphone learn to speak like a human being, you're not /required/ to say "Lol" or "Soz" just because you're online.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Religious bigots.
Other bigots.
Trolls. More so because they never will know how pathetic they are.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Brian Hendershot said:
Also...while we are here. What's up with all the anger lately Escapists? Did Jack Thompson say something dumb again?
Funnily enough, yes, yes he did. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108523-Jack-Thompson-Threatens-Gabe-Newell-Over-School-Shooter-Mod]

And as for the question, nothing, really. Except those people who complain that their life sucks because they can't afford a new game. Oh jeez, the people in 3rd world countries are fucking weeping for you, mate. They don't have food to eat nor clean water to drink but you can't afford a video game. His suffering is so much worse, isn't it? Ugh...people who complain over small things tend to provoke a response like that from me.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
About gaming? People making threads about female gamers and then starting the thread 'Why all the attention to female gamers?'you made the goddamn thread and seperated us out...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
etc

If not about gaming I can't abide people being cruel to cats in any way. My best friend told me he ate a cat, while stranded, when he was in the army and I didn't speak to him for two weeks. Pretty childish I know but he may aswell have told me he ate a person :<

Murais

Sep 11, 2007
Juggalos. They are the only thing/concept/people that I really cannot tolerate, even when exerting self-control. I hate them, and I hate them shamelessly. I have refused to associate with people because of this simple detail. Cannot and will not tolerate their presence or attitude.

I could elaborate, but I'd rather not risk the ban or the 8 or so pages of text I'd be filling this space with.

EDIT: If I can give you a frame of reference, as a man who studies debate, and also studies the field of psychology, I can tolerate a lot of people. I can tolerate religious bigots, racial bigots, the pig-headed, the stubborn, the uneducated, the politically correct, the politically incorrect, politics, the homophobic, ultra-liberals, ultra-conservatives, stoners, jocks, melvins, preps, over-achievers, pseudophilosophers, pseudointellectuals, Karl Marx, and the French. I. Cannot. Stand. Juggalos. That is all.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Everything I have ever typed out on a keyboard has been a product of rage-induced spastic smashing.

Even this.

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
Basically every stupid, pointless status update on Facebook [sub]which is most of them[/sub]

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
Sassafrass said:
Brian Hendershot said:
Funnily enough, yes, yes he did. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108523-Jack-Thompson-Threatens-Gabe-Newell-Over-School-Shooter-Mod]

And as for the question, nothing, really. Except those people who complain that their life sucks because they can't afford a new game. Oh jeez, the people in 3rd world countries are fucking weeping for you, mate. They don't have food to eat nor clean water to drink but you can't afford a video game. His suffering is so much worse, isn't it? Ugh...people who complain over small things tend to provoke a response like that from me.
I knew there was a reason why I was feeling more angry then usual. Bah. That man is a prime example of what makes me rage (and it's not just the fact he is so anti-game). It is because he is an ignorant ass who is only worried about getting people to notice him and disregards facts.

TheRobotandtheBeast

Aug 9, 2010
WALK FASTER YOU SLOW BASTARD!!! THE WIND IS AT YOUR BACK AND STILL YOU TAWDLE ALONG!!! BEHOLD, MY FOOT IN YOUR ARSE!!!!

that paints a nice picture i think

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
The man in my avatar and what he did with True Crime. I disowned Activision completely because of that.

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
Whenever I make a mistake, I rage at myself.

It's ironic, because when others make an honest-to-goodness mistake, I'm very quick to forgive and help them out.

But heaven forbid I spill water on the floor...I go berserk.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
I rage anytime someone posts how their precious, artistic, meaningful and favorite game of all time didn't sell well. You got the game, you enjoy it isn't that good enough? Now quit blaming me because I didn't care to buy ICO, Beyond Good and Evil or Okami and telling me I'm what's wrong with gaming today. (I probably have put more money in the pockets of developers over the last 30 years than most ever will lol)

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
Ldude893 said:
The man in my avatar and what he did with True Crime. I disowned Activision completely because of that.
But the website is still up for it...and....and...son of a B! How Did I not notice this? I need to get on the internet more. Oh and kill Bobby Kottick...in the face.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Lets see...something that is rage-inducing for me. hmm. Thats a hard one. Probably people who think doing drugs is cool. I rage at that pretty hard. Uhm, oh parents who let their 10 year old play CoD Black Ops. If i ever meet a parent who lets their 10 year old kid play Black Ops, I will rage so hard at them, then call the child protection agency and laugh as their child is taken away.