What movie caused the greatest emotional response for you.

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
Schindler's List had the greatest emotional resonance with me, that movie is just amazing.

I tend to cry at Boromir's death scene in Lord of the Rings too, but that's a second place by quite a lot.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
ending of terminator 2

BWaaaa haw heu heu heu! So SAD!

(seriously though: Children of men)

ZeroAE

Jun 7, 2010
Toy Story 3.
Man , that was a tragic and nostalgia movie.
Strangely , I was the only one crying in a fulled movie room. Where are your emotions , people!

.Ricks.

Sep 10, 2008
The Butterfly Effect, the ending just moved me, the symbolism of his action is just beautiful.
Other candidates are, Marley and Me, The Last Samurai, The Pursuit of Happiness the bathroom scene moved me to tears.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Toy Story 3...Well as soon as I see it!

I guess most Pixar movie's, they're just that epic and emotional!

Bakaferret

Jun 18, 2009
Warchiefwill said:
"Green Mile" I felt sadness towards the end of the movie and couldn't stop crying eveb after the credits. No film has never since has made me do that.

And maybe kingdom of heaven as well. (Not made me cry but it filled me with excitement, joy and shock throughout.)
This was the FIRST movie to ever make me cry. I was 10, and thought I was the toughest girl ever because I wasn't like all the other little girls that cried during movies like Titanic and other stuff. But then...this movie TORE ME UP. And I've been crying during movies ever since, damnit. IT BROKE ME!

That being said...probably the movie that made me the most emotional was The Mist. The ending made me so angry, hurt, sad and betrayed all at once. And the weird thing is, I think that's one of the very rare Stephen King movies where the book had a happier ending than the movie.

mrkeebz

May 26, 2010
Up got to me a bit, made me feel rather sad after fooling me into thinking it would be a happy movie with all its bright colours. I was kind of on a downer after watching Serenity as well as I realised this was probably the last time I'd see the Firefly crew.

However, a TV show still holds the title for really making me sad. The Season 4 finale of House really hit me.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
Toy Story 3. I grew up with the series and just finished my first year of college, so the move was timed perfectly for maximum emotional connection for me.

luke10123

Jan 9, 2010
No idea why, but the first one I thought of was 'American History X'
Been meaning to watch it again, but the endings really sad and genuinely shocking.
Also, 'The Last King Of Scotland'. Thanks to some Oscar winning performances all round, was a really believable film - swear everyone should have to watch this moive BY LAW.

CarlosYenrac

Nov 20, 2007
Babylon 5, as a whole, hits every emotional button for me at some point during it's 5 year run....
but as we're not talking TV series' here I'd have to say the telemovie 'In The Beginning'

Londo Mollari said:
The War.
The humans, I think, knew they were doomed.
Where another race would surrender to despair, the humans fought back with greater strength. They made the Minbari fight for every inch of space. In my life, I have never seen anything like it; They would weep, they would pray, they would say goodbye to their loved ones, and then throw themselves without fear or hesitation at the very face of death itself, never surrendering.
No one who saw them fighting against the inevitable could help but be moved to tears by their courage- their stubborn nobility. When they ran out of ships, they used guns, when they ran out guns they used knives and sticks and bare hands. They were magnificent. I only hope that when it is my time, I may die with half as much dignity as I saw in their eyes in the end. They did this for two years. They never ran out of courage but in the end, they ran out of time.
That scene works better with images, and I'm crap at embedding, so here's a linkylink if you want to see it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeNBJ5o-b7s

But pretty much any scene with Londo and G'kar chokes me up- even thinking about it idly while stuck in traffic has had me bleary-eyed on occasion... I really must cut back on the daydreaming before I have a crash....

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Gladiator. I don't know why but the ending really got to me. I was both incredibly happy that he finally had revenge on the Emperor but at the same time...