What movies do you regret watching?

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
SkinWalkers. That movie sucked away nearly two hours of my life, I regret ever putting that horrible abomination into my DVD player.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Matt_LRR said:
I'm sorry, after what Schumacher did to batman, Nolan could have smeared his own shit across two hours of film and sent it to theatres and it would have been an improvement.

Whether you liked his batman movies or not, Nolan didn't "ruin" anything.

-m
I disagree because no one liked Schumacher's movies. So it's pretty easy to ignore them or just forget about them. Like that comic where Batman has to figure out which of the Beatles died.

But it seems like everyone else like Nolan's movies, so not only will this be the standard version of Batman for years to come, and likely not just in the movies, the success of the last one will see to it that nearly every other super hero movie will try to be like it.

So, for me, Nolan's debacle is much worse than credit card jokes and rubber nipples because this will be longer lasting. And this is widely accepted. So it will appear on "top ten super hero movies" lists for decades to come. And be followed and imitated for even longer.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I only saw Twilight because someone paid for my ticket and snacks, so I just got to make fun of a bad movie for 2 hours. Avoided the others like the plague.
Other movies:
The Last Airbender (As a fan of the source material, just made me want to watch the series)
Scary Movie 4 (avoided others)
Mario Bros Movie (After all these years)
Paranormal Activity (Just not my kind of movie, and NOT SCARY!)
American Godzilla (I thought 'how bad can it be?' I found out...)

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
Wanted and Shutter Island.

Wanted was just brainless, and not the good kind of brainless where it's at least fun to watch. None of the characters were likable and the action scenes were laughable with how bad they were.

Shutter Island's plot was just stupid beyond belief. Have you ever seen a movie where in the end the main character wakes up and none of it really matters? Don't you just hate that? What Shutter Island did was just one step above that, one very, very small step.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
A movie called "Windwalker". You've probably never heard of it. That's a good thing. If you ever hear of it, pretend you didn't. For I promise you that if you ever watch that movie, you will rue that day.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Transformers, I was smart enough to completely avoid the second one.
Any Sci-Fi(Syfy) Original Movie I've seen more than 10 seconds of, they're all horrible.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
the antithesis said:
I disagree because no one liked Schumacher's movies. So it's pretty easy to ignore them or just forget about them. Like that comic where Batman has to figure out which of the Beatles died.

But it seems like everyone else like Nolan's movies, so not only will this be the standard version of Batman for years to come, and likely not just in the movies, the success of the last one will see to it that nearly every other super hero movie will try to be like it.
Except that every other superhero movie isn't trying to be like it.
Marvel's gone all crossover universe on us, pulling out all the comic book fantasy stops, with Thor, and Iron man and Captain America. The green lantern is going sci-fi space opera, and The Green Hornet is evidently going action comedy.

If anything, TDK had the opposite effect - No one can hope to compete with it, or really do the dark and gritty "real hero" schtick without drawing unfavourable comparisons, so no one's evenm trying.

And I tend to agree with Movie Bob, given that the culture of superhro film is moving away from realism and grit, and into bright colours and high action fantasy, there's probably really only one more movie left in the opressively dark universe Nolan's created before interest dries up.

And to shoot one final hole in your argument - what was the next cartoon iteration of Batman following the nolan batman films?

That's so far off the mark of the "standard" batman you claim is now taking over, the claim is almost laughable.

-m

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
See son, the funny thing about regret is, it's better to regret something you have done, rather something you haven't... and by the way if you should see your mother this weekend, be sure and tell her... SATAN!... SATAN!... SATAN!...

OT: I've seen some decidedly average films and some downright bad ones, still there is only one film I regret seeing, Titanic. My girlfriend, now wife, dragged me along and wouldn't let me leave. Then afterwards she admitted it was a terrible film. Three years later we are watching Jarvis Crocker interviewed on TV and he states he has never seen Titanic and my wife says "That is so cool". Goddammnit that should have been my cache, I should have been as cool as Jarvis Crocker. [sub](I don't like Pulp, but will admit I'll never be as cool as Jarvis Crocker)[/sub]

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
Hmmm... I usually don't regret watching movies (I have a cip built in that causes me to have a stroke if I get within 500ft of paying to see a bad movie) I'll say... The Crystal Skull.

C Dudehammer

Jun 5, 2010
Alien vs Predator: Requiem. It was pretty much a mid-western teen soap opera most of the time then "OMG! It's the Alien-Predator!". It made me want to drink myself to sleep.

rookie.of.the.year

Jul 30, 2010
Wadders said:
The Human Centipede.

I was expecting vomit-inducing levels of revolting stuff, but no. I was dissapointed with the whole thing. Sure the doctor was sinister enough, and there were a few parts that made me cringe a bit but other than that it was a let down.
Yeah, i have to say I really want those hours back!!!! But i need to watch the sequel, I mean... 12 people!!

-After Dusk They Come
-Eragon
-Sunday School Musical

Suprisingly, I really enjoyed Mega Shark Vs Giant Octopus