What movies do you regret watching?

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
I regret seeing Twilight. But I was blackmailed by my girlfriend.

It was bad, but not as bad as District 9. That film sucked ass, hardcore teens 14 style. God I hated that film.

When I was around 7 I think, when Batman Forever came out, I remember crying till my mom took me out of it. Literally could not stand anymore of it. I liked the soundtrack though.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Robin Hood with Russel Crowe.

I've seen Dragonball Evolution, Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li and The Last Airbender, with no regrets. I was expecting bad movies.

but with Robin Hood I felt cheated.

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
The Hills Have Eyes.
Urgh.

And then, I was stupid enough to watch the sequel, too.
Double urgh, and wtf was I thinking?

Also, The Ruins.
Stupid.

evilartist

Nov 9, 2009
the antithesis said:
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
Even Memento? Why? What's the name of your condition?
Actually, I didn't mind Memento, although that one would have been forgettable without the gimmick. But I saw it before he completely ruined batman, so now I'm just a typical bitter nerd, I suppose.
You can't be serious. Next you'll be telling me you liked Joel Schumacher's films better than Tim Burton's.

cheshitescat said:
Indiana Jones with the crystal skulls and the aliens and the raping.
LOL Oh, you... :)

I regret watching Main in Manhattan. Fucking hated it.
Chick flick + Jennifer Lopez + Dancing and Singing "I'm coming out" = Epic Fail

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
new moon

i went with a friend because no one else would go with her so i did the nice thing and said i would go (yeah wrong move there)
other than that i don't see movies that i will regret seeing.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
Marik2 said:
Oh great another hate thread what is it with the escapist and so many hate threads?
cause as gamers we hate things but you what we don't hate?
EDIT(forgot to answer the thread): anything from uwe bole (like house of the dead) and death race (the remake not death race 2000)

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Every zombie movie ever made. The "genre" is so generic, stereotypical, and pitiful.

I have not watched Zombieland, and there is no way you can get me to like that movie.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
A few movies that I have seen and wished I did not were;

The Book of Eli (I felt like it was some sort of propaganda movie, since everything would be good in the end since "God says so." Never once did the main character question his belief or even remotely think he was insane, he just went with it, and did everyone else)

The Messenger (As a military brat who has a strong military family, the idea that a messenger who brings news of your spouses' death will then hit on your loved on and stalk her really disturbs me, for many reasons.)

GI Joe: RoC (The action sequences were interesting, I'll admit. But for the most part, the story was either too cheesy or boring for me to get into it)

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
Romblen said:
Wanted and Shutter Island.

Wanted was just brainless, and not the good kind of brainless where it's at least fun to watch. None of the characters were likable and the action scenes were laughable with how bad they were.
It was such a great comic though, the movie was so far off. *cries*

OT:
Dragon Wars
Inglorious Basterds (yes, hated it, get over it)
Observe and Protect
Gosford Park
Meet the Spartans
Any Harry Potter movie I've watched. I think it was the first 4. They were all boring as hell to me. I thought maybe they'd get better, and they...very slightly did. Each was like 1% better than the last to me. After the 4th I decided to never suffer through another.

Edit: Also Cloverfield
Edit again: Freddy Got Fingered, 9, Snakes on a Plane

Dr Snakeman said:
Get_A_Grip_ said:
Transformers 2 was by far the worst film I have ever seen.
However, I do not regret seeing it as I got at least an hour and a half of precious sleeping time out of it.
Wait... you could sleep through that much noise? I'm impressed.
I slept through a Soulfly and Cradle of Filth concert...

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
liamwazhere said:
It was really boring... the characters were stupid, the plot was boring, It was not dramatic and there was barely any action until the end. See I hate quinton terrentino.. otr however you spell it

and though I am sure people will go crazy for me saying it, pulp fiction was boring too..
The action is in the mindfuckery, I think. Not a rollercoaster for the eyes but rather the head.
Personally I hated Inglorious Bastards too. The dialogue is usually what sets apart Tarentino films but I thought the constant shifts from German, French and English (while it adds to the authenticity) I found to hamper delivery of that Tarentino flair. Brad Pitt was awful. The only characters I liked in the film was Colonel Landa and the Hero Sniper, both well acted. Overall I found the movie to drag.

Hamlet 2 was a movie I regret seeing and I dont really regret seeing any movies usually no matter how bad (even the Shitty Movie series made me laugh). I thought this movie was supposed to be offensively funny and it totally failed to deliver.

bobknowsall

Aug 21, 2009
Bruno and Borat weren't all that funny, for the most part. All the best bits were in the trailer, and the rest was mostly dross. Wouldn't watch them again.

GudangGaram

Jul 16, 2010
Highlander 2-5. I actually just pretend they were not made. After all, there can be only one.

Alien Resurrection
Yamakasi 2
New Moon
Jurassic Park III
Butterfly Effect 2+3

Okuu_Fusion

Jul 14, 2010
The Simpsons movie... I really thought, maybe the reason why the series hasn't been as good as it used to, was because they were saving everything for the film... But no...

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
Probably Transformers 2, because I went with friends who all thoroughly enjoyed it. It would have been bad anyway, but I would have had a much better experience if I could laugh at the movie with at least one other person. Instead I was forced to hold my tongue while my mates raved on about it.

Also, Bedtime Stories. Fuck that movie. Had to go with a family friend and their eight year old daughter. I hated it so much that I left the theatre for a little while to catch my breath - I simply couldn't believe how utterly atrocious that was.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
Anything by Uwe Boll, Transformers 2 (dude! come see it with us man! it'll be awesome!) and An American Carol. (That movie gave the worst impression of Republicans ever, and I consider myself a Democrat, so DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNN that movie was bad)

EDIT: and AVP: Requiem. That was so terrible.