What movies do you regret watching?

KissMyEyes1221

Jun 23, 2010
Most recently I'd have to say definitely The Last Airbender. I actually enjoy most of Shyamalan's movies (sans Lady in the Water, that one was seriously lacking in a good plot.) I had high hopes for Airbender, being a huge fan, and it was just dreadful. The only movie that beat Twilight in dreadfulness this summer, I think (sorry if people disagree but at least that movie didn't have focus problems.) On an older scale I would have to say Dragon Wars. I'm so disappointed that I will never get the money, time, or brain cells lost on those movies. I believe many can agree with me on those. While I'm at it, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Knocked Up were terrible, terrible movies.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Transformers 2 was by far the worst film I have ever seen.
However, I do not regret seeing it as I got at least an hour and a half of precious sleeping time out of it.

Sharkosauros

Aug 10, 2010
well by mistake i downloaded 2012 wrong version ... well the one i saw sucked .. alot :\

it was this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1132130/ ... worst. movie. ever.

i mean.. u coud see the cameras shadow in the movie ffs! XD

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
Starship Troopers 2. Only film I screamed instructions at the actors on screen in.
XXX State of the Union. Only film I ever TURNED OFF halfway through.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Its an extremely rare find.. But the Bootleg video for Nine inch Nails EP broken.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Inch_Nails#Broken_.281992.E2.80.931993.29

Its really nothing spectacular... but I totally regret seeing it, even liking NIN. I guess seeing it the only time I ever did, while on a very very long acid trip was perhaps not the best time to a guys junk being fed into a meat grinder, if there is such a time to see something like that.

bladeleaper

Jan 6, 2010
the antithesis said:
Actually, I didn't mind Memento, although that one would have been forgettable without the gimmick. But I saw it before he completely ruined batman, so now I'm just a typical bitter nerd, I suppose.
Out of curiosity, and because people were too quick too insult rather than ask, what was it about Chris Nolan's Batman films didn't you like.

Furious Styles

Jul 10, 2010
Idi I Smotri (Come and See)

It' this really highly rated russian war film, its even in the IMDB top 250.

It sucks more than I have brain cells to make thoughts to describe how badly it sucks. It sucks hard enough to create a vacuum inside your head and boil your blood. It sucks like a thousand dollar hooker. It sucks! It sucks! It sucks!

I've never turned a DVD off before I finished watching it before or since.

There's one sequence where a deaf kid wades through a swamp with nothing but moaning and white noise for the sound... it lasts like ten minutes! Ten minutes of wading! Gah!!!

There's like a five minute good bit, which is awesome, when the germans burn a whole russian town. The rest is terrible, the most pretentious, slow, poorly made Russian crap you've ever watched. It's almost a cliche, how soviet and depressing and gray and unbearably awful it is!

Aaaah! I hate it!

But yeah, that's probably the only film that I feel made my life worse for watching it.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Marik2 said:
Oh great another hate thread what is it with the escapist and so many hate threads?
We love to hate... apparently...

OT: Almost anything by M Night Shyamalan (wrong spelling?). I liked 6th Sense... that's it. I've pretty much disliked every movie since then (ESPECIALLY THE VILLAGE!)

Aside from that... not much else. Maybe Matrix. I just couldn't get into those movies at all. Dunno why. I understood them... I just didn't really like them.

EDIT: Borat! I almost forgot! I turned it off about halfway through. Most retarded shit I've ever seen...

Blue_vision

Elite Member
Mar 31, 2009
I'd agree with OP with Inglorious Bastards, but I packed up about halfway through the movie so I didn't actually watch all of it. It was a waste of that hour anyways.

Also, the Godfather and Paranormal Activity off the top of my head.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
the antithesis said:
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
Even Memento? Why? What's the name of your condition?
Actually, I didn't mind Memento, although that one would have been forgettable without the gimmick. But I saw it before he completely ruined batman, so now I'm just a typical bitter nerd, I suppose.
Ruined Batman?

Ahem:

Credit where credit's due, please.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
Predator 2... the second time.

First time i saw it as a kid i thought it was fantastic.

Second time i watched it as an adult with my best friend who also hadnt seen it since he was a kid.

It was the greatest steaming pile of crap i ever had the misfortune of watching and no ammount of childhood nostalgia or rose tinted glasses could save it :(

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Only one I can think of is Alexander. God that movie was terrible. Since I tend to go out of my way to buy crappy horror flicks I'm immune to most movie regret.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Golem239 said:
Marik2 said:
Oh great another hate thread what is it with the escapist and so many hate threads?
cause as gamers we hate things but you what we don't hate?
EDIT(forgot to answer the thread): anything from uwe bole (like house of the dead) and death race (the remake not death race 2000)
Well then I guess I break that stereotype of Gamers loving to hate :p

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
all those movies i thought were good as a kid (Star Wars Episode 1, American Godzilla, the Shumacher Batman movies, etc.). what was i smoking back then?