What movies do you regret watching?

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
ArchAngelKira said:
That new robin hood movie put me to sleep
Forgot about Robin Hood, it put me to sleep too. Almost half-way through the film when Rus decided not to do the accent anymore, I just told my friend to move over so I could lie down.

I had a really good one for a second, but now I've forgotten it.

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
Watchmen.

Cult-classic or not, I thought it was absolute crap. The storyline on the back of the box says: "Someone is killing superheros and these guys are going to find out who and why."

There was only one superhero officially murdered, the others just ended up dying while fighting crime. There is absolutely no relation to the primary story except in the start, and the end of the movie. Most of it was just mundane people trying to relive their glory-days as superheros, a whole bunch of nonsense on the flaws of humanity, a lot of very corny sex scenes, people exploding into gooey, Jell-O looking bits, and blue penis. Lots of blue penis. I'm gay, and even I think that was a point against the movie instead of for it.

I only watched it through because I thought maybe it would get better towards the end. It only got worse, and worse...and worse...until I was finally happy the movie ended, so I could watch something else to keep from shoving the DVD down the director's throat.

Ugh..

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Final Destination. All of them. I already had a fear of flying before the first. I still get nervious on highways. I also occasionally pinch myself to make sure Im not in a death dream.

stiker

Jan 12, 2010
The one movie I actually said that I wanted that time back was The Rocky Horror Picture Show. and I have seen a lot of bad movies that was the one that effected my time consumption the most.

Robin-chan

Nov 18, 2009
I sat through maybe twenty minutes of "Meet the Spartans" before I left the room.

I was also dragged by a friend to see "The Haunting of Molly Hartley", which was terrible, confusing, and worthless. I don't even know what the point of that movie was. Sure, I jumped a few times, but does jumping in surprise from hearing an earth-shattering noise or burst of music after ten minutes of mostly-silence make me a wimp? I certainly hope not, but that's your call, I suppose.

And the ending? Hope I don't "spoil" this gem of a film for you, but the ending is one of the worst I've ever seen, especially because it DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. The cheerful voice-over doesn't really add anything either except maybe more stupidity. Seriously, going to the mall with your BFF and your hottie/secretly-a-demon boyfriend does not seem like the expected behavior of the Antichrist. Why not just drive around in your fancy new car forever while your man paints your nails and chats with you about how lovely Hell looks this time of year? Attention demons: you suck at picking out leaders.

agrandstudent

Nov 23, 2009
Zombie honeymoon...never ever watch it...It sounds like it could be so bad its good but it is just bad. It is a serious attempt to explore what would happen if your significant other became a zombie. Also it's not a zombie Apocalypse scenario. there is only one zombie in the world at a time.

DdraigGoch

Aug 9, 2010
Snakes on a Train, poor copy of the hollywood blockbuster...bad acting and cgi
Thor: hammer of the gods ....don't waste ya time, it's pants!
Eagle vs Shark .....why did i bother !!!

gabe7_20

Aug 4, 2010
therandombear harry potter three was ok. The fourth was worse.

I regret watching it. I was horrified of clowns the rest of my childhood. But when i watch it now it is a good movie. A movie I hated was revenge of the fallen because in the fighting scenes you couldn't see whats going on, and it tried to be funny.....and failed

Jinjiro

Fresh Prince of Darkness
Apr 20, 2008
Matt_LRR said:
my perrenial "worst. movie. ever.": Miami Vice. It looked liek it was going to be a solid action film. It was a train wreck the likes of which I've never seen.
Miami Vice is the only movie I have ever sat down to watch, and turned off before the end. My brother had it on DVD and I made it 35 minutes in before I had to stop. There's just nothing to keep you remotely entertained in it at all.

My all-time 'why did I spend part of my life watching that' moment came after sitting through Son of the Mask.

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
The Road.
Fuck you you apocolyptic, wrist cutting, no answer fest. If i wanted to watch a depressing movie where nothing interesting happens there is no hope of anyhting getting better i will watch Twilight, BOOSH!
That, and jsut about every Wil Farrel movie recently, as well as any and all of the "Scary MOvie" or whatever knock offs.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
bladeleaper said:
Out of curiosity, and because people were too quick too insult rather than ask, what was it about Chris Nolan's Batman films didn't you like.
What you have just said is a good sized chunk of it. It's not all of it and certainly not how it started. But it is a persistent element that exacerbates like sterilizing a paper cut with a belt sander.

Rather than write a multi-page rant on the matter, I'll try to sum up: that's not Batman. That is, Nolan made very conscious decisions in how he crafted the film so that the character of Batman is unreal. The idea was to emphasis Bruce Wayne, I suspect. The problem is, Bruce Wayne is as interesting as stale saw dust. When he puts on the suit, he's just Bruce Wayne in a gimp outfit.

I have lots of other gripes, most of which I could have let slide if I could believe and enjoy the central, title character. But I couldn't.

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
"Flower of flesh and blood" If you are curious, just take my personal warning. Its... quite nasty stuff! anyone else seen it/heard of it?

Extraintrovert

Jul 28, 2010
The Transformers movie. The single worst thing for which I have ever payed money. Subsequently avoided the sequel like herpes.
The Harry Potter movies. The first one was alright, then everything dropped in quality at a fantastic rate.
The Alien Vs Predator movies. No, just no.
There are probably others, but I can't be bothered to think of them.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009

The hour and twenty minutes of your life I assume you'll most likely want back can be found at your nearest enjoyed movie.