What movies used “Life in a Northern Town” in their soundtracks?

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I’ve heard the song, the chorus specifically, at work dozens of times and I swear to every god in all existences that I’ve heard it used in a movie before, but I cannot remember which movie it was.

I only know the title now because I was able to Shazam it.

Can anyone help out?

It doesn’t matter if it’s the original version or a cover, I just want to know where it was used.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

The song was covered in 2007 by the country music duo Sugarland, along with Little Big Town and Jake Owen, on the Sugarland Change for Change Tour. A live performance from 2007 was made into a music video by Becky Fluke for the network Country Music Television.[22]

This performance was included on the Deluxe Fan Edition of Sugarland's 2008 album Love on the Inside[22] and on Capitol Records' late 2008 re-release of Little Big Town's 2007 album A Place to Land. It was nominated for Vocal Event of the Year at the Country Music Association awards,[23] Best Country Collaboration with Vocals at the 51st Grammy Awards,[24] and Vocal Event of the Year at the 44th Annual Academy of Country Music awards.[25]

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009

The song was covered in 2007 by the country music duo Sugarland, along with Little Big Town and Jake Owen, on the Sugarland Change for Change Tour. A live performance from 2007 was made into a music video by Becky Fluke for the network Country Music Television.[22]

This performance was included on the Deluxe Fan Edition of Sugarland's 2008 album Love on the Inside[22] and on Capitol Records' late 2008 re-release of Little Big Town's 2007 album A Place to Land. It was nominated for Vocal Event of the Year at the Country Music Association awards,[23] Best Country Collaboration with Vocals at the 51st Grammy Awards,[24] and Vocal Event of the Year at the 44th Annual Academy of Country Music awards.[25]

Sorry for the late response here, I got caught up in other things and forgotten about this thread.

Thanks for answering. I heard it on King of the Hill of all places. I would have put money on it being from some Disney-type movie.

Reactions: gorfias

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Sorry for the late response here, I got caught up in other things and forgotten about this thread.

Thanks for answering. I heard it on King of the Hill of all places. I would have put money on it being from some Disney-type movie.
I for the longest time thought it was the intro music for the TV show Northern Exposure.

helplessssly

Nov 19, 2022
Country
United States

In response to your Disney-type movie thought: during the Parent Trap scene in which Annie (Hallie) and her mother visit her mother’s wedding dress studio to help with an ongoing photo shoot, Jakaranda’s “Never Let You Go” plays as they enter the studio which samples “Life in a Northern Town”. That may be what you were thinking of!

I had the same thought of a Disney movie when I heard the song recently and embarked on a deep dive to find the answer.

Last edited: