What non-anime cartoon should I watch next

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
I can attest to the goodness of 'Archer'. It's hilarious and has proper running jokes.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
FireAza said:
Er, any particular reason you're excluding anime? You're aware that not all anime are like the stereotype right?
Maybe because he doesn't want to watch anime? Not a bad thing.

OT: Wolverine and the X-Men
Ultimate Spider Man
Phineas and Ferb
The Fairly Odd Parents

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Venture Bros. Everyone should watch Venture Bros. It's seriously weird but seriously worth watching. Like a made for adults version of a Hanna-Barbera cartoon.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
MTV's Down Town

A show stemming from when MTV was still cool. It has only 13 episodes and is sorta hipstery, but it's a great tripy cartoon show.

thenageone

Jun 7, 2013
all the shows listed above i would agree that you should watch. but here is another. it only has 13 episodes and if you like the first one, you'll enjoy the rest. imo its the best show that deserved to get cancelled.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
FireAza said:
Er, any particular reason you're excluding anime? You're aware that not all anime are like the stereotype right?

Anyway, here's some of my favorite Western animations:
Invader Zim
Daria
Pinky and The Brain
Animaniacs
The Boondocks
The Venture Bros
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Never was in Invader Zim nor MLP. The rest of those I watched the shit out of.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
twistedmic said:
I have to suggest the classic cartoons from the nineties, those being- Rocko's Modern Life, Freakazoid, Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures.
As for newer stuff, Archer is a must as is Venture Brothers. And for superhero stuff, you should check out Young Justice, Batman Beyond and Justice League.
I was the target demographic for everything you just mentioned and watch it all except for Archer.

Venture Bros is amazing.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
ThreeName said:
Came here to say Archer.

OP has mentioned Archer.

WHY HAVEN'T YOU SEEN IT YET
I have no good reason. I am even from the same place they do the animation. I have no good excuse other than never getting around to it.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I've seen a number of people mention Venture Brothers, that's definitely a must-see.

If you're going to check out Archer, you should also check out their two previous shows: Frisky Dingo and Sealab 2021.

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law is a fantastic show too.

I'd also suggest Super Jail and you can never go wrong with South Park. :p

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Someone earlier mentioned Clone High and I could not recommend that more.
It's a shame there was only one season, but I guess it was for the best. I don't know if it could keep up such consistent, genuine comedy. The premise of the show being such an original one is just the icing on the cake.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
... Non-anime cartoon...?

Is that like, paint that doesn't leave a mark?

Well, if you're looking for animation, Archer is pretty good.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Will there ever be a new X-Men TV show? I loved Evolution, and the classic back in the old days. The anime one was horrible (even as a guy who enjoy anime franchises more than american cartoons).

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
My suggestions?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Yeah, yeah I know, just give the first two episodes a watch and see if you like it)
Phineas and Ferb OR Gravity Falls (Two very fun cartoons that don't talk down to the viewers, and on the Disney Channel, no less!)
Avatar: The Last Airbender (Fantastic story, great animation, and set in a whole well-crafted world)
Ventures Brothers OR Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law (Two very... different look st old-school cartoons)
Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated (This a'int your daddy's Scooby-Doo. This is... well, a different look at the concept)
Samurai Jack OR Megas XLR (a pair of awesome action-based cartoons, one with a great story, the other with lots of humor.)
Adventure Time (Fun and surreal, with a hinting of a darker undertone.)

Enjoy!

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Ummm, lessee now.

Freakazoid!, Gargoyles, Swat Kats, Pinky and the Brain, to list a few off the top of my head.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
bdcjacko said:
I don't watch anime, but I do watch cartoons. I have Futurama, Simpson, king of the hill, family guy memorized. Love home movies and metalacalyps.
Should I try archer? I have heard good thing.
Xiaolin Showdown.

Every episode, as far as I can tell, is on Youtube in at least 360p. It's a great show, give it a whirl.

jdbuck

Nov 23, 2009
Try the Spawn Animated Series. Thats was pretty good.
It's all on youtube if you know where to look

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Never watched Daria? Rectify that.

Apart from that, Avatar and Adventure Time are great shows, if you can get on board with a serious animated drama and an insane wackyworld story with a hidden dark edge respectively.