What Old Games Got Right: Donkey Kong Country

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
Hey Escapist! This time we?re looking at the classic games of yesteryear in a new series called ?What old games got right?! First off, let?s focus on one of the most influential and polished platforms ever made~ The heartfelt drug-fueled drama: Donkey Kong Country!

As always, feedback and sharing the video around is always appreciated! Let me know what you think.

False Nobility

Jul 29, 2012
Great idea for a new series! Love it so far. I think you made great points all around, and each part flowed very well.

To be blunt, the fact that you aren't more popular is a testament to how youtube's algorithm has failed. I wish you luck dude.

IndignantMole

Apr 27, 2016
Outside of Sex Ed, never thought Banana's could be so educational.

(Awesome vid by the way lol. I love the stuff you notice.)

Overusedname

Jun 26, 2012
False Nobility said:
Great idea for a new series! Love it so far. I think you made great points all around, and each part flowed very well.

To be blunt, the fact that you aren't more popular is a testament to how youtube's algorithm has failed. I wish you luck dude.
Thanks man. And yeah, Youtube is a pretty frustrating service, but as long as I can keep doing what I do, I'll be happy.

IndignantMole said:
Outside of Sex Ed, never thought Banana's could be so educational.
DON'T BE SO SCANDELOUS.

False Nobility

Jul 29, 2012
Overusedname said:
False Nobility said:

Thanks man. And yeah, Youtube is a pretty frustrating service, but as long as I can keep doing what I do, I'll be happy.
Tch, if you say so. I think you have put in more than enough work to deserve a big audience and more support than you get.

Overusedname

Jun 26, 2012
False Nobility said:
Tch, if you say so. I think you have put in more than enough work to deserve a big audience and more support than you get.
Well thanks man. I hope stuff eventually comes together. Doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

False Nobility

Jul 29, 2012
Overusedname said:
False Nobility said:
Well thanks man. I hope stuff eventually comes together. Doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.
No stinkin' thinkin'.

Were you hit hard by the youtube 'purge'? That may have something to do with it. Either way, keep your head up and keep doing what you're doing. You make quality content.

Overusedname

Jun 26, 2012
False Nobility said:
Overusedname said:
False Nobility said:
No stinkin' thinkin'.

Were you hit hard by the youtube 'purge'? That may have something to do with it. Either way, keep your head up and keep doing what you're doing. You make quality content.
Hah, don't worry~

I love what I do, I just don't seem to have good luck with youtube's algorithm lately. And yeah, the purge hit everyone hard.

False Nobility

Jul 29, 2012
Overusedname said:
Hah, don't worry~

I love what I do, I just don't seem to have good luck with youtube's algorithm lately. And yeah, the purge hit everyone hard.
Awesome. Just stay determined. Believe in the me who believes in you. Stay in School, all that jazz. :D

The_Sacred_Flame

May 24, 2016
Sorry to hear your issues with Youtube. Nice vid, man! The original DKC is great, but it begs the question.

Did the sequels improve upon the formula? I believe so, but I would like to hear/read your opinion on the matter.