What Portal 2 feature are you most looking forward to?

KILRbuny

Nov 6, 2010
Is it the multiplayer? The longer campaign? Whatever feature is drawing you to Portal 2 please share! Personally I'm looking forward to the fluids the most just because they are still kind of a mystery to me and I want to figure out some cool ways to use them.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
The jokes and Steamworks on PS3, really.

I'm excited for it, but I'll probably play something else before I beat it.

So, it's not something I'm going to play from start to finish. I'll likely play a few hours, go play Borderlands or something, and then come back.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
The longer campaign mode for me and all those new bits they've added to the game like the faith plates, those tractor beams, the gels and all new courses that'll make my brain melt. D:

exdeadman

Apr 4, 2011
Portal is intriguing for many reasons. My top three would be that the Portal Gun is the coolest idea since explosions, The game lasted long enough to entertain without spending your entire day to play it, and GLaDOS has got to be the most amazing antagonist imaginable.

KILRbuny

Nov 6, 2010
Ah the jokes. That didn't even cross my mind haha. Those are going to be fun to hear. The whole atmosphere of portal is going to be great to have back

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
The longer campaign. I blew through P1's campaign yesterday afternoon. Or as my buddy said, I "went for a leisurely explode"

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
I'm ready for the new puzzles, I want to see what they can throw at me.

C'MON VALVE, GIVE ME WHAT YOU GOT!!!!

... and the humor

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Everything. Just... everything. The main campaign more than the co-op, but the co-op does seem like it could be a blast. I am looking forward to the new puzzles, the humour, the clever new elements to the game and of course: GLaDos, she is a PG-13 SHODAN, but I love her all the same.

I am hoping they don't go overboard with the cake or companion cube jokes just to please the people who like going on about it, but I don't think I have that much to worry about, Valve don't tend to do silly things like that.

I am also looking forward to the challenge, I can beat Portal without thinking now, it takes me about an hour from the very start to the very finish.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Co-op. It's one of those games that if co-op is done well could be absolutely amazing.

Gill Kaiser

Sep 3, 2008
The single player. Chell, GLaDOS, the jokes and the puzzles.

Co-op looks OK, but it's not my priority, and I think it's been vastly over-emphasised in the marketing.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
All of it! There's no way that I'm capable of narrowing it down to just one thing. The co-op sounds amazing, the single player is a dream come true, and if their marketing is any indication of the effort that they put into the actual game, I have a feeling that we're in for something special.

TheGhostOfSin

Terrible, Terrible Damage.
May 21, 2008
I'm looking forward to the whole portaling aspect, seems really interesting.
The blue ones especially intrigue me.

kane.malakos

Jan 7, 2011
Legion said:
Everything. Just... everything. The main campaign more than the co-op, but the co-op does seem like it could be a blast. I am looking forward to the new puzzles, the humour, the clever new elements to the game and of course: GLaDos, she is a PG-13 SHODAN, but I love her all the same.

I am hoping they don't go overboard with the cake or companion cube jokes just to please the people who like going on about it, but I don't think I have that much to worry about, Valve don't tend to do silly things like that.

I am also looking forward to the challenge, I can beat Portal without thinking now, it takes me about an hour from the very start to the very finish.
I don't think we need to worry about the cake thing. As some of the developer's put it, "If you think that YOU'RE sick of hearing 'the cake is a lie'..."

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Presented in handy list format exclusively for the Escapist, it's...

Cheesus' Reasons to Buy Portal 2!

1. New ways to use the Ashpuhduh to solve puzzles
2. New Aperture technology, including gels, plates, funnels and more!
3. New characters, and hilarious new dialogue
4. STEPHEN MERCHANT!
5. Continuation of the simple yet intriguing story of Portal
6. Co-op Mode
7. The Co-op robots, ATLAS and P-body
8. Quirky, light-hearted fun

YAY!

thereverend7

Aug 13, 2010
I want a gun that shoots 3 portals. to blow my mind into thinking with portals EVEN HARDER.

Strangely enough, When Portal 3 comes out, I want it to shoot one portal.

I'm a strange person with unique demands.