what sci fi or fantasy transport would you use

monken8

Apr 28, 2011
what sci fi or fantasy transport would you use?
the enterprise, the normandy, the tardis, a warg, a gundam, silt striders, griffon, a razor field rhino, a worm thing from dune or somthing that you made up

ColaWarVeteran

Jul 27, 2010
Definitely the T.A.R.D.I.S. I mean it has all the amenities of a normal interstellar vessel but can also travel through time and is compact for those tight fitting parking spaces.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
The floating restaurant from The Fifth Element that looks like a chinese junk ship. It's like a much more awesome version of an Ice Cream van.

ethan22122

Dec 18, 2009
The millenium falcon, it did make the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs, and she'll make .5 past light speed :p

Reynard Wrecce

May 15, 2010
"Isn't a parsec a unit of distance, not time?"
"Nya-uh-uh-uhhhh..."

I would have to plump for the TARDIS, too.

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
Reynard Wrecce said:
"Isn't a parsec a unit of distance, not time?"
"Nya-uh-uh-uhhhh..."

I would have to plump for the TARDIS, too.
You think flying really close to black holes isn't a measure of how fast the ship is? The Falcon flew so close to a black hole that an Imperial pursuit craft got sucked in. THAT is fast.

Ferrious

Made From Corpses
Jan 6, 2010
I'm going to have to go with the pure simplicity of the "RH1-N-0 Tracked Exploration and Multi-Purpose Defense Vehicle".

[spoiler text="The Rhino"][/spoiler]

Truly a fitting steed.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
A TARDIS, but not the Doctor's. I'd like a fully functional one.

Second choice for a personal teleporter armband.

vviki

Lord of Midnless DPS
Mar 17, 2009
Teleport. Like a Town Portal or simply a portal. It would be awesome. No more flying, losing hours in pointless transportation. Just cast (or press button, what ever) and you are there. Can't wait till they invent it. I know what will ruin it, though. Imagine the Airport security now. To upgrade to "Portal Security" it will include a 9hour search, checking, scanning and a ton of more things you'll have to pass to teleport that will ultimately take less than a second (loading screen not included).

This will make it the same decision between taking a train, car or a airplane to something that is 500km from your spot.
Public train will take more than 6 hours and will have a horrible schedule and lots of train switching, on the bright side, cheap.
Buss will be 9 hours, no switching, better schedule, cheaper, but still too long.
Car will be about 6 hours and will cost you more, flexibility is better than all others.
Airplane ride will be the shortest about 30min flight. It will probably be most expensive and the whole journey will likely take more than 9 hours (go to the airport 2h before the flight, delay, fly, land, luggage and so on).
Extra fast train will get you there in less than 4 hours, no luggage check, average price, you won't have to drive, nicer schedule and so on.

So to avoid all this, let's also hope that with the teleport there would be a new system invented that could say scan you in a matter of seconds and clear you for your journey, otherwise it's the ICE (inter city express train) for me. "ICE, the coolest way to travel."

ApeShapeDeity

Dec 16, 2010
Well, there's this bad boy...

Or maybe the tardis... made to look like a dirty port-a-loo, so no one came to bother me.

Plus,, you can custom up your own ride here... http://mostplays.com/play/Pimp_My_Ride_Spaceship_Ed_4989 it's pretty dodgy tho.

DrMetal

Oct 31, 2009
I will fly on a godddamn dragon!

And not one of those pussy house sized dragon, a drogon as big as a goddamn mountain!