What shall I do on a long flight?

agentspidersilk

Jun 2, 2009
The title says it all, I'd love some suggestions cause im going to the Maldives next week and it's about a12 hour flight, thanks peeps :)

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
Read a book, play a gamegear, do some work (Assuming you're a student or something), knock one out if you're in first class and you have those sides which can be extended to make a mini-cabin. Hit on a stewardess, ask if you can wear the captains hat, drink a bunch of champaigne and get wrecked. Sleep?

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
pretend to be a terrorist, hijack the plane and take it somewhere awesome like a huge and well equiped netcafe and cinima showing everyones favourite movies

Mordreich

Mar 20, 2010
Buy a miniature sketch pad before your flight. over the course of the flight draw a game of Tetris frame by frame until the book is filled. After the flight you will no doubt be filled with a sense of accomplishment and pride... Oh, and you'll need to be stoned for this to work.

Adremmalech

Mar 1, 2009
BOOZE! Bring some cash and pregame a shot right before you board.
Bring an ipod with rain atmosphere loaded onto it and take a long nap.

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
Constantly nudge the person next to you, pointing out the window saying "is the wing coming off?" or "do you smell smoke?" or "what was that bump?"

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
Handheld console, chocolate, some magazines..

Hold a fork close to one of your eyes, and look at people pretending they are in prison!

FortheLegion

Dec 16, 2008
Sleep
If you stay up For a very long time before your flight you can probably get a good enough nights sleep on the plane that's what i did at least on my trip from Boston to Melbourne 30 hours of flight time D: I slept through at least half of it

Jovlo

May 12, 2008
Some (or most) airlines have these little TV-screens in the back of their seats.
I recently flew from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur with KLM and they had very recent movies (I watched Kick-Ass and How To Train Your Dragon), TV-series (Like the Big Bang Theory), recent music, basic video-games (casual stuff though) and even software to learn a language.
I learned some Icelandic, why not?
I had a very good book with me, but to my surprise I didn't even touch it.

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
Nintendo DS + new game (I recommend Professor Layton)
A good book
See how many objects you can put in the hair of the person next to you while they're sleeping
Refer to the stewardesses as "Air maids"
Watch every movie available on those little screen things
Stare at the virtual map of the plane's flight for several hours
Wear your barf bag as a hat
Find the answer to the question "How much alcohol can you buy on a plane?"
Find Religion
Abandon Religion
Hum an annoying/catchy song loudly until it's stuck in everyone's head.

I think that will do you for one trip.