What should I do with my 60GB PS3?

Razor_01

Jul 10, 2009
I picked up the PS3 when it first came out and I'm thinking about sell my 60GB and picking up the new Slim.

I saw a 60GB go last night for $405 on eBay so here are my thoughts. If I sold mine for $400 and after shipping I would be at $350. I would get a new 1 year warranty with the slim, a dual shock 3, 120GB HDD and all the benefits in size and power consumption with the slim. I don't use my PS3 to play PS2 games so that might benefit someone else that is looking for that.

Seems like a win win situation right....? What are your thoughs?

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Razor_01 said:
I picked up the PS3 when it first came out and I'm thinking about sell my 60GB and picking up the new Slim.

I saw a 60GB go last night for $405 on eBay so here are my thoughts. If I sold mine for $400 and after shipping I would be at $350. I would get a new 1 year warranty with the slim, a dual shock 3, 120GB HDD and all the benefits in size and power consumption with the slim. I don't use my PS3 to play PS2 games so that might benefit someone else that is looking for that.

Seems like a win win situation right....? What are your thoughs?
Microwave it and sell it for moneys on E-bay.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
If you don't use it to play PS2 games then definitely go ahead with this. A lot of people are selling their newer models for older ones that play PS2 games so you'll probably get someone to buy it rather quickly.

mjhhiv

Jun 22, 2008
This is exactly what I had in mind for my PS3. I'll wait to make sure that the slim doesn't have any super-weird issues at launch, but I think it sounds like a good plan :)

Razor_01

Jul 10, 2009
(JohnsonStraits) said:
you would sacrifice your backwards compatabilit
Yeah I think I've only played 2 PS2 games in it since I've had it.

Interested???... ;)

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I say sack it. but dont use ebay they charge an assload just to put something up on their site. Craigslist is free.

Headshot Gamer UK

Jun 8, 2009
MOUNT IT LIKE A LION
alternatively, find out which ps3 versions are "wand" compatiable, and if yours is but you don't want the wand, sell it closer to the wand release time, if it isn't and you want the "wand", sell it now :p

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Headshot Gamer UK said:
MOUNT IT LIKE A LION
alternatively, find out which ps3 versions are "wand" compatiable, and if yours is but you don't want the wand, sell it closer to the wand release time, if it isn't and you want the "wand", sell it now :p
All of them will be compatible with the GEM (supposed name in OPM), why would they not give compatibilty to certain models?

Keep it, why go through all that hassle?

irishstormtrooper

Mar 19, 2009
Good idea. Be sure to copy all of your save data onto a flash drive or external hard drive before selling the PS3 and getting the new one.

Razor_01

Jul 10, 2009
I think I'm going to try selling it and getting the updated version. I get all the updated parts to it and I make $50. I've been looking to upgrade my 60GB and purchase a dual shock controller so it only makes since... as long as I don't lose any money in the transaction.

Crowser

Feb 13, 2009
Hmm, why would people be in the market for a 400 dollar 60 gig old PS3 when they can wait 10 days a pick up a new 300 dollar 120 gig PS3 slim? Are there any major differences besides backwards compatibility?

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
Razor_01 said:

Seems like a win win situation right....? What are your thoughts?
You'll also have half the number of USB ports but nobody seems to care about that any way. You could always just buy a bigger drive if the memory amount is the decisive factor.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_2_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sata+drive+2.5&x=0&y=0&sprefix=+sata+drive You'd want the 2.5 and 5400rpm is the same speed as the current drive for cooling purposes. Although you should probably go with Craigslist for a better profit margin.

Crowser said:
Hmm, why would people be in the market for a 400 dollar 60 gig old PS3 when they can wait 10 days a pick up a new 300 dollar 120 gig PS3 slim? Are there any major differences besides backwards compatibility?
The difference is the 60G will play about 99.5% of all PS2 games The 80G's with the limited BC played about 80-90% and the new ones play precisely 0% of all PS2 games. That and the 60G had other features like four USB ports(vs two on current) and memory card slots which I've actually gotten some use out of but it seems I'm more or less alone on that.