What Shouts do you actually use in Skyrim?

honestdiscussioner

Jul 17, 2010
Besides the obvious "FUS RO DAH", the one where you project your voice (actually, I think it is called "throw voice") is very helpful for Assassin's that don't have full sneak yet. Freezing your opponent can have a lot of benefits too, so I use that. Slow down time is very useful when finishing off a dragon with double swords.

I wish the offensive ones were as powerful as they are for dragons. I was all psyched when I got the final fire breath shout. I thought it would be a huge blast of fire that lasted a few seconds. Nope, just a large quick fireball that did minimal damage.

Dragonrend is great for non-mages.

That about covers it.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
I use most of them honestly.

-Become ethereal when I want to jump off a mountain or something. Found out the hard way that you can't shout in midair...
-Unrelenting force when it's appropriate.
-Forget the name but the one that slows down time for when I wanna do a lot of damage fast.
-Whirlwind sprint for quick escapes/maneuvering.
-Marked for death for dragons.
-Dragonrend for dragons, obviously.
-Fire/Frost berth when I don't have destruction spells equipped.
-The one that turns enemies into ice to to stop strong enemies while I eliminate the chaff.

I know there's one or two more but can't remember what they do...

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
The short sprint thing to get around easier. Aside from that, my Staff of Penetration (My mad greatsword) is enough to kill everything.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Fus Ro Dah, Whirlwind Sprint, Throw voice and Aura Whisper. They can all be really useful. Heavy armor, light armor? Throw voice lets you check corners and rooms ahead of time. Fus Ro Dah is always useful. And sometimes i'll use ice form if i need 5 seconds to heal up.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
I mostly use Fus Ro Dah and Ice Form. They were the first two shouts I got and have always been the most useful to me. Become Ethereal, on the other hand, is of no use for me since I can descend mountains even without it (just hug the near-vertical slope and everything's fine). I use Whirlwind Sprint for those convenient swinging-blade corridors it's clearly meant for, and Marked For Death on bosses to help with kiting.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
GethBall said:
There is only one true dragon shout

Ha ha. That's awesome.

The dragon shouts I use the most are: Call Dragon, Dragonrend, Unrelenting Force and Fire Breath.

cennsor

Mar 1, 2012
only the one to bring down dragons. all the others you can do without, and i didn't begin using them early on, which probably affected my "tactics" later.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Basically as many as I can. Some of them can be really useful.

My sneaky character discovered the usefulness of the "whisper" shout a bit late in the game, but my god, it made him unstoppable. And now my raging, drunk "TRUE NORD" character is finding Elemental Fury incredibly useful.

Both found Fire Breath and Unrelenting Force to be the most consistently awesome, though.

MartianWarMachine

Neon-pink cyber-kitty
Dec 10, 2010
My character is a magic-hating power-armoured scientist from another dimension, who landed there by accident. I used console commands to avoid learning Fus Ro Dah, and plan on doing the same to the other shouts when I get near them.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I use Unrelenting Force a lot but not really for combat, just to watch things go flying!

I use Fire Breath on dragons sometimes and Dragonrend when the game glitches and the damn thing will not land. But for the most part I completely forget I even have the power of the voice.