What Spiderman/Batman villian do you think can carry a film

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Can I just say why are some of these villains even Batman villains to begin with?

Why is Killer Croc a Batman villain and not say a Flash Villain?

Why is Ra's Al Ghul not a Zatanna villain?

Like the villains that put me off of them being Batman villains is the former 2 I mention plus Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, and Clayface and MABYE Scarecrow. At least their modernized interpretation of them.

The ones I do get is Joker, Two-Face, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Mad Hatter, the Pupper master guy, and Hugo Strange?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
WhiteFangofWhoa said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Looking at Spidey's rogues gallery... doesn't he have a single female villain?
Silver Sable, but I don't consider her distinctive or memorable enough to be considered for a movie role. Black Cat alternates depending on the writer.
Black Cat to me is like Catwoman (for obvious reasons) in that I don't really consider either a villain, just an edgy love interest.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Johnny Novgorod said:
WhiteFangofWhoa said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Silver Sable, but I don't consider her distinctive or memorable enough to be considered for a movie role. Black Cat alternates depending on the writer.
Black Cat to me is like Catwoman (for obvious reasons) in that I don't really consider either a villain, just an edgy love interest.
I ship Batman with Catwoman. And I am sad that its Talia al Ghul because it gave us Damien Wayne.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
For Spidey I'd like a version of Doc Ock who was more a corrupt version of the person Peter could've been like he is in the comics. I don't care what people say about the Sam Remy version, him being mind-controlled by his own metal arms was really stupid.

For Batman, I'd like a good new take on the Riddler.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Here's the thing, Comics for the most part suck. They're terribly written, crunched out by a few writers under pressure to do the super hero equivalent of a Soap Opera, just dramatic moment and dramatic moment, and every 3 years everything is rebooted/erased/moved-to-a-new-earth to undo the last writer's flails. Think of comic books like Dragon Ball Z, except instead of dragon balls and reincarnation, every time a character comes back to life or gets a new power the writers create an entire alternate timeline with entirely different characters, backstories, motivations and plots, all to explain why Vegeta is allergic to Broccoli for an episode.

And like soap operas made into movies, unless heavily edited, they fail. See we don't have 400 issues, 80,000 words, and 20 years to establish the Ventriloquist. We have 120mins, 130 with the DVD extras, and about 26.7 for Mr. Wesker.

So my answer is always ANY OF THEM. Fuck, take any single villain, change 70% of him to be movie friendly and it will be great.

Here, Batfleck Batman vs. Daniel Radcliffe as the Riddler, where Edward was meant to be a info-guru for Bruce but while tracking the Joker and other villains became obsessed with the criminal mind(maybe after his best friend, which-ever Robin it is, was killed by Joker) and came to realization you can either kill them or join them, but holds to a strict no direct killing ethic. So he creates riddles for everyone, Gotham, Joker, Two-Face, Batman, everyone. Think Saw, but instead of morality, its a riddle, and instead of Becky the Cheerleader its Mad-Hatter, Bat-girl and Steve the taxi-driver trapped in a leaking bank car with...I dunno, the Sphinx riddle on the walls.
So everyone is on a even-footing for riddles from this genius if disturbed and out-of-control vigilante, who Batman is willing if hesitant to take down because he still believes there is sanity in Edward and he, Batman, was the one who opened Pandora's Box, and maybe, just maybe, he can save Edward.

Its an alternative take, but for a movie it'd work.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silentpony said:
Here's the thing, Comics for the most part suck. They're terribly written, crunched out by a few writers under pressure to do the super hero equivalent of a Soap Opera, just dramatic moment and dramatic moment, and every 3 years everything is rebooted/erased/moved-to-a-new-earth to undo the last writer's flails.
Case in point of horribly written comics, especially when it comes to dialog:

And my personal favorite, this.

https://youtu.be/lSrO1puobWQ?t=11m9s

And all you have to know of Spiderman One More Day is the first opening text:

And I said it before and I will say it again, Comic Books have gotten away with way worse then any bad superhero movie.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
Can I just say why are some of these villains even Batman villains to begin with?

Like the villains that put me off of them being Batman villains is the former 2 I mention plus Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, and Clayface and MABYE Scarecrow. At least their modernized interpretation of them.

The ones I do get is Joker, Two-Face, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Mad Hatter, the Pupper master guy, and Hugo Strange?
1. Whats wrong with Killer Croc and Ra's Al Ghul being Batman villians

2.How the hell is Killer Croc and Ra going to go up against Flash/Zatanna

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
PapaGreg096 said:
Samtemdo8 said:

1. Whats wrong with Killer Croc and Ra's Al Ghul being Batman villians

2.How the hell is Killer Croc and Ra going to go up against Flash/Zatanna
Are you saying Zantanna can roflstomp Ra's Al Ghul?

And why is a mutant crocodile man a Batman villain?

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
Are you saying Zantanna can roflstomp Ra's Al Ghul?

Do I think a powerful wizard can roflstomp stomp a guy who mostly uses sharp weapons and assassins as weapons yes and before you say "Well Deathstroke beat Zatanna" Deathstroke is a super soldier and that was bad writing. Also Ra fits more with Batman since not only he has history with Batman and Gotham but his grandson is Batman's son.

Samtemdo8 said:
And why is a mutant crocodile man a Batman villain?
I don't know why is a woman who controls plants a Batman villain, why is a man made out of clay a Batman villain, why is a man who has a freeze gun a batman villain. I don't understand why people are so against Batman's more fantastical villains in his rogues gallery, he is a man in a Batsuit with hitech gadgets and somehow mastered every Martial art known to man while being the world greatest detective the concept alone should sound silly to most people so him having a few out there villains should't really surprise anyone.

Spunky88

Apr 9, 2016
For Spiderman: Kraven or Kingpin(I know that he's in Dare Devil aswell) Reasons? He's smart,manupilative,physicly strong and has a lot of contacts in the criminal underworld. Kraven because I think he's cool villian with conflitive motives. He helped Spiderman once in the 1994 animated series. For Batman Killer Croc,Clay Face or a serious take on the Riddler,imagine the Riddler taking hostages as "Jigsaw" (Saw franchise)

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
Samtemdo8 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
WhiteFangofWhoa said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
I ship Batman with Catwoman. And I am sad that its Talia al Ghul because it gave us Damien Wayne.

DC Rebirth has surprisingly made me like Damien.

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
Johnny Novgorod" post="18.1054179.24234466 said:

Eh, he's had a couple over the years. White Rabbit, there was a Lady Doctor Octopus in the '90s, Scorpia, Black Cat is currently a villain in the comics, Scream, Shriek, Delilah, Screwball

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
Samtemdo8 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:

Samtemdo8 said:
I don't see Deadshot and Deathstroke in that posse of Batman villains.

Nor any other Suicide Squad characters not Joker and Harley.
Killer Croc, top left.
That I forgot, the guy in the movie looked nothing like a Killer Croc I imagined.

For all I know he was an Orc.
Which is ironic because David Ayer also directed Bright and the makeup looked the same to me on the orcs.

Kendritch

Apr 22, 2018
Natemans said:
Johnny Novgorod said:

Eh, he's had a couple over the years. White Rabbit, there was a Lady Doctor Octopus in the '90s, Scorpia, Black Cat is currently a villain in the comics, Scream, Shriek, Delilah, Screwball
Aside from Black Cat, all of those names are D-listers though... Screwball's a C-lister at best. I doubt they could star in a very entertaining movie.

Then again, Guardians of the Galaxy used to be obscure nobodies. Look at them now. With the right director, maybe...

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Kendritch said:
Natemans said:
Johnny Novgorod said:

Aside from Black Cat, all of those names are D-listers though... Screwball's a C-lister at best. I doubt they could star in a very entertaining movie.

Then again, Guardians of the Galaxy used to be obscure nobodies. Look at them now. With the right director, maybe...
That's because the Guardians in that movie are absolutely nothing like thier old Silver Age counterparts.

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
Samtemdo8 said:
Kendritch said:
Natemans said:
Johnny Novgorod said:

That's because the Guardians in that movie are absolutely nothing like thier old Silver Age counterparts.

That's because the Guardians of the Galaxy are more based on the recent team from 2008 by Dan Abnett's run.