What the eff, Dishonored? (No Spoilers}

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
woodaba said:
Tayh said:
... So a pacifist playthrough isn't a pacifist playthrough unless you get a shiny achievement for it?
But of course. The only reason I haven't gone on a killing spree IRL is that I want to get the achievement at the end of...er..life. Isn't that how everyone operates?
No people have always done these type of things before achievements were ever created. One example I could easily say is the knife run in Resident evil 1 and 2. There were no shiny achievements and a sound that popped up to let you know you did something unique. Just the satisfaction of playing the game in a unique way.

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
GAunderrated said:
No people have always done these type of things before achievements were ever created. One example I could easily say is the knife run in Resident evil 1 and 2. There were no shiny achievements and a sound that popped up to let you know you did something unique. Just the satisfaction of playing the game in a unique way.
That's my point.
Do you REALLY need a shiny achievement to comfort you and tell you that you did it right, when you know you made it through the game in a pacifist fashion?

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Just so you know you need to do it from a fresh run and can't do it through the 'Reply Mission' menu. I assume because you are able to kill people in between missions (e.g. the weepers in the tunnels or Sokolov in the cage with rats) the achievement will only pop if you do a straight run. Apparently the same goes for the 'Art Dealer' achievement.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
The Artificially Prolonged said:
On the first proper assassination mission where you can help save a good guard from being poisoned, if you knock him out in order to non-lethal the high overseer without the alarms going off you only get an updated objective to drop him off in a safe location. This turns out to be a trash bin outside but the objectives give no indication of that without the marker (although you may be able to drop him off in any bin but I am not sure).

Clucking bell. That makes sense now. Im not playing with objectives on either and:

I thought I'd be all pro; I switched the glasses then before the good guy could raise the alarm I put him to sleep. I then got out before the guards found me and thought I'd done right but when I got back to the pub that girl was like "Bahh, my uncle didnt make it, was that too much to ask?". Was not happy!

Also on the subject of the pacifist achievement, dont you also have to restrict yourself to just using Blink? Or is that another achievement Im thinking of?

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Tayh said:
GAunderrated said:
That's my point.
Do you REALLY need a shiny achievement to comfort you and tell you that you did it right, when you know]/i] you made it through the game in a pacifist fashion?

It of shows that you really did it, proof init!

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Fasckira said:
The Artificially Prolonged said:
On the first proper assassination mission where you can help save a good guard from being poisoned, if you knock him out in order to non-lethal the high overseer without the alarms going off you only get an updated objective to drop him off in a safe location. This turns out to be a trash bin outside but the objectives give no indication of that without the marker (although you may be able to drop him off in any bin but I am not sure).

Clucking bell. That makes sense now. Im not playing with objectives on either and:

I thought I'd be all pro; I switched the glasses then before the good guy could raise the alarm I put him to sleep. I then got out before the guards found me and thought I'd done right but when I got back to the pub that girl was like "Bahh, my uncle didnt make it, was that too much to ask?". Was not happy!

Also on the subject of the pacifist achievement, dont you also have to restrict yourself to just using Blink? Or is that another achievement Im thinking of?
I believe the pacifist run and only using blink run are separate achievements.

jigrou

Mar 26, 2011
Greyhamster said:
I was looking at my raptop account today, and someone had put up a note about that achievement/trophy. Don't know if it's true though, just finished the game once and killed quite a few people.

The guy said that apparently a pacifist playthrough fails if you knock out granny rags. Some report that even so much as picking up her cameo glitches the trophy. So basically you have to pickpocket her some way (apparently freezing time works) and leave, not disturbing those two in any way except stealing the key.

If you've already done the mission simply replaying it should be enough.
I can confirm this as this happened on my playthrough. I had a save just before and did it the right then I got the achivement at the end of the game

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
woodaba said:
So, I just beat the game. It was awesome. Not without it's faults, but certainly a GOTY candidate. And, I attempted a Pacifist run the first time through. Unfortunately, it hit a snag. I did it. Every single mission has the "Didn't kill anyone" tick. And yet, no achievement. Is this a glitch? Am I not allowed to kill rats? Has anyone else had this problem?
I ran into a huge issue in the Golden Cat level. I played it about 5 times from when you are brought into the area to when you leave. Never killed a single person, yet it kept telling me that I did. I think rat swarms count as they are considered hostile.

espilcEkraD

Mar 1, 2010
My only real problem with the game (Gameplay wise) was some times i would blink behind a target and for some reason the choke icon wouldn't come up, so i wait a few seconds and by the time it does the guy has started turning and pretty much spots me forcing me to quick load. Other than that i did think the game was a bit short but i guess that's because i had been playing Borderlands 2 before it.

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
Can anyone confirm that the NL version of the game features the english dub?

I asked this question already in the review comments but no answer so far, this is my second try. Bethesda is the only publisher i know of who isn`t able to put all languages on a bluray disk.

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
Evil Smurf said:
Tayh said:
GAunderrated said:
That's my point.
Do you REALLY need a shiny achievement to comfort you and tell you that you did it right, when you know]/i] you made it through the game in a pacifist fashion?

It of shows that you really did it, proof init!

To who though? Friends won't ask from proof and strangers wont care.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I can't yet relate to Dishonored, however I do know all about "lost" achievements. Well, I should say a budy of mine does. We've played Halo 3, Gears of War 3, and the Halo Anniversary HD Re-Release together...level-by-level co-op with no one else joining and not playing unless the other was online to play as well. We were going straight for the "beat the campaign on the hardest difficulty" achievements and for all three of those games, when the credits started to roll and it was time to collect our achievements: I'd get mine but for those 3 games he never got his. Now I could understand that happening to the "guest" player, but he has a better connection than me and so he always hosts.

Don't know why achievements get snubbed, but I do know it happens.

A bit more on topic: I've heard that Dishonored was ridiculously fun, but grotestquely short. Another frined of mine says the local game store already has like 30 used copies for sale.

woodaba

May 31, 2011
woodaba said:
Tayh said:
... So a pacifist playthrough isn't a pacifist playthrough unless you get a shiny achievement for it?
But of course. The only reason I haven't gone on a killing spree IRL is that I want to get the achievement at the end of...er..life. Isn't that how everyone operates?
Tayh said:
GAunderrated said:
That's my point.
Do you REALLY need a shiny achievement to comfort you and tell you that you did it right, when you know you made it through the game in a pacifist fashion?
Geez, did ya ever hear of joking, guys? Did the killing spree schpiel not convince you? Calm the ham. I found my pacifist playthrough immensely challenging and staisfying, and I am looking forward to doing another one. I'm just a little miffed that the game had other requirements for "pacifist" playthrough other than, y'know, not killing anyone.

Xariat

Jan 30, 2011
Greyhamster said:
I was looking at my raptop account today, and someone had put up a note about that achievement/trophy. Don't know if it's true though, just finished the game once and killed quite a few people.

The guy said that apparently a pacifist playthrough fails if you knock out granny rags. Some report that even so much as picking up her cameo glitches the trophy. So basically you have to pickpocket her some way (apparently freezing time works) and leave, not disturbing those two in any way except stealing the key.

If you've already done the mission simply replaying it should be enough.
You can avoid the whole Granny rags incident completely by not doing her missions early on. I found that on my pacifist playthrough the door in the sewer was already unlocked for me and i didn't have to go find any key at all. you only miss out on about two runes and when you're playing pacifist you don't really need bloodlust or rat swarm.

EDIT: I realize that I didn't say anything on topic.
I have no idea what might have caused it as there were no problems for me.
you could just breeze through the game on easy with a blink only run and pick that up at the same time as pacifist. but other than that I have no suggestions as to what you could do.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
nikki191 said:
yeah you have to be careful with the people you knock out. drop them in water and they drown, drop them down stairs they die, etc
I once dide a blink jump with someone in my hands just as the game his a conversation cut-scene. The person flew out of my hands at about 50 mph, hit a wall and died