What to get for someone who has alot?

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
So, I like anime. I really like anime. I have a collection. I love it and pet it and add to it as often as money allows. The problem is this. I've watched and rewatched everything I have to the point that I can follow along with the lines. I'm craving some new stuff. I'm just not sure what. So, take a look at what I've got and see if you can recommend some good titles. Apologies in advance for the wall of text, as I said, I'm a bit of a collector. Oh, this should be self evident, but I'll mention just in case; Own: is for the titles I already own; Have Seen/ Will Purchase: is my short list of things I've seen and am already intending to buy; and lastly Don?t Want: because they're shit, plain and simple.

Own:

Aquarian (aka Genesis of Aquarian)
Black Blood Brothers
Black Cat
Blue Seed
Casshern Sins
Chrono Crusade
Cowboy Beebop
D Grey Man
Death Note
Dragonaut
Dragon Ball Z + all corresponding Movies
Dragon Ball GT
Fatal Fury (all of them)
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Fushigi Yugi
Gantz
Ghost In The Shell (aka GITS) Movie
GITS: Stand Alone Complex (aka GITS:SAC)
GITS:SAC 2nd Gig
(Mobile Suit) Gundam Seed
(Mobile Suit) Gundam Seed Destiny
Heroic Age
Inu Yasha
Jyu Oh Sei
Kaze no Stigma
KenIchi
Love Hina
Nabari
Ninja Scroll
Origin: Spirits of the Past
Outlaw Star
Princess Mononoke
Robotech: The Macross Saga
Ruroni Kenshin
Samurai 7
Samurai Champloo
Sands of Destruction
Tenchi Muyo (multiple incarnations)
Trigun
Trinity Blood
Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Vandread
Witch Hunter Robin
Wolf?s Rain
Yu Yu Hakusho

Have Seen/ Will Purchase:

Bleach
Darker Than Black
Dragon Ball
Excel Saga
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Record of the Lodos War
Slayers (all of them)
Soul Eater

Don?t Want:
Gun Grave (snoozefest!)
Any other Robotech series, the Masters, Shadow Chronicles and that god awful 4 part series thing are just not worth it.

EDIT: Should have put Shiki and Gundam Wing on my Have Seen/ Will Purphase List.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I say switch the venue to find something new, Studio Ghibli has some awesome animated movies... but some of them may leave you crying in the shower.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Most of the really good stuff isn't even on your list, so yeah, there's plenty of room to expand.

Knock yourself out:

Akira
Spirited Away
Monster
Paprika
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei (Tatami Galaxy)
Noir
Black Lagoon
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Mind Game
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Perfect Blue
Madlax
Dead Leaves
Welcome to the NHK!
Howl's Moving Castle
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Great Teacher Onizuka
Golden Boy
Paranoia Agent
Genshiken
El Cazador de la Bruja

Although you probably wouldn't like some of these seeing as you mostly watch shounen stuff. But as already mentioned, it never hurts to venture out ;)

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
Signa said:
OT: Why isn't the original FMA series on that list? Get that.
I had the Original FMA, the ending is right up there on my list of favrite endings with that of the original Neon Gen, which I had as well. I've gotten used to the Japanese fascination with sucky endings, but I cannot for the life of me understand thier fascination with making truly outstanding series and then putting a twist in the last 2-3 episodes that twists so hard it snaps the spine of the entire thing. This is a dick move. Someone really aught to tell them that. I mean really, Nazi's?! Oh, I can feel my blood preasure rising already...

And no, you do not want to get me started on the ending of the original Neon Gen, I could go on for hours. Trust me, my husband has had to tune me out before. Although, I hear the re-release has solved this issue.

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
Mr.K. said:
I say switch the venue to find something new, Studio Ghibli has some awesome animated movies... but some of them may leave you crying in the shower.
We have every Studio Ghibli release we can get our hands on, >.>, and they are all in the kid's movie binder that just that reason.

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
Smertnik said:
Most of the really good stuff isn't even on your list, so yeah, there's plenty of room to expand.

Knock yourself out:

Akira - Seen it, was the first anime I saw actually, but I haven't been able to get a copy of it yet. Sorry, should have remembered to put it on the list.

Spirited Away - In the kid's binder. It is soo great though.

Howl's Moving Castle - Once again, kid's binder. I did really feel a connection to Howl though, being Bipolor myself.
I'll put the rest of those on the list of things to check out. I'm not anchored to any one genre or studio, although I do like a good explosion and loads of fight scenes. What I have is what has been easiest to get ahold of. Thank you for the recommendations, I apprciate you taking the time to give such a long list.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
For someone who own alot of anime you haven't got Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. You should definitely get hold of that (that is if you're into mech and over the top epicness). Oh almost forgot you should check out Martian Succesor Nadesico.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
FLCL (Fooly Cooly) is a must. You won't know what you are watching but you will LOVE IT.

It's just outrageous and crazy. I give it 5 billion stars/5.

genericusername64

Jun 18, 2011
Mobile suit gundam (1979) is just out on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Complete-Collection/dp/B005F96UNW/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1315952379&sr=1-1

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
I'm noticing a distinct lack of The Big O on your list. I suggest you remedy this. It's usually described as "Batman with giant robots" and it's every bit as awesome as that sounds. Also, the second season is a total mindfuck.

For just random silliness, watch Excel Saga. It has a spin-off OVA Puni Puni Poemy, which is disturbing and hilarious.

EDIT: I feel like a total idiot for forgetting to mention Maria-Sama ga Miteru. More of a light-hearted drama show with funny bits and likeable characters.

Oh, and Kuroshitsuji. Funny, awesome, weird, violent and sexy.

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
SwimmingRock said:
I'm noticing a distinct lack of The Big O on your list. I suggest you remedy this. It's usually described as "Batman with giant robots" and it's every bit as awesome as that sounds. Also, the second season is a total mindfuck.

For just random silliness, watch Excel Saga. It has a spin-off OVA Puni Puni Poemy, which is disturbing and hilarious.

EDIT: I feel like a total idiot for forgetting to mention Maria-Sama ga Miteru. More of a light-hearted drama show with funny bits and likeable characters.

Oh, and Kuroshitsuji. Funny, awesome, weird, violent and sexy.
Oh crap, Big O (even with the ending) and Excel Saga should have been on my Have Seen /Will Get list. That list is a little shorter than it should be, I add things as i remember them, but I have a terrible memory. -.-