What type of gamer annoys you most?

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
maninahat said:
prophecy2514 said:
Only type I can say are the previously coined "fratboy FPS and sports" gamers, who think any other game is too nerdy/uncool or complicated

I cant say I know any elitists personally (Don't play online), but then again I don't know any other gamers apart from the previously mentioned fratboy type, i'd gladly swap a fratboy for an elitist gladly. I only really bump into elitists on websites such as these and really their opinions I dont give a flying spaghetti monster fuck about anyway.
See, I've only ever rubbed shoulders with the elitist types. I don't think I've ever met the idiot, frat boy, hardcore type of gamer. The closest thing I've seen to them are the twelve year old, CS players. But then they're 12, so of course they're going to be obnoxious, foul-mouthed idiots. Do these "gamer jocks" even exist in the first place, or are we just confusing them with children?
The particular group I mention can incorporate children, but in my case as I said I dont game online, so have never had the pleasure (displeasure?) of having to play with/against obnoxious little kids. the "fratboys" i talk about are my friends by the way. but their gaming habits....irk me

The ones I refer to basically own an xbox or ps3, only own and play Call of duty or Battlefield games, go to midnight releases, play online and boast about it constantly, going on for months after release.
Just sorta feel cheated, seeing as I dont have many gamer buddies, and when suddenly this new big fps fad comes out everyone LOVES gaming, I can talk to my mates about gaming stuff! ... but the catch is only "these" shitty games. bah!

Crispee

Nov 18, 2009
People who play games for statistics rather than fun.

I mean, I don't care if the Pyro is a noob class, I find it endlessly amusing to fire flammable bubbles at people, AND I'm giving you all ample opportunity to stop me, so what's the problem?

That's why my joy was boundless when I was on a server with one other person and instead of capturing the point we just tried to kill each other with our increasingly ridiculous weapons, that's what fun is.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Gamers who refuse to even look at a game because its part of the series made by a different studio. I'm looking at you fallout 1 and 2 fans. I could understand if they tried it and hated it (and this isn't aimed at those guys) but a fair few just screamed at it.

Greni

Jun 19, 2011
At the moment pretty much any "gamer".

The term has been turned upside down, raped then re-raped, slammed on a pop culture bandwagon, slapped on a price sticker and sent crippled into the wild to rake in some cash.

Thanks to this "gamers" tag society has so generously given us, we are now nothing more than a target market for Bland Brown FPS® 6, like smokers to cigarettes or sports enthusiasts to posters. Not to mention all the t-shirts and trinkets, official, special made, limited time offer Bland Brown FPS® pencil sharpeners.

Now let's sing the consumer whore song.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
There are two kinds that need to be wiped out of the gene pool. The Elitists and your Frat boy Gamers. Basically any type of gamer that plays Madden or COD or any one game solely and acts like they are some type of hardcore gaming ponce. It's like when someone claims to be a Film Guru just because they watched Citizen Kane.

Evil Top Hat

May 21, 2011
Aris Khandr said:
Anyone who uses the word "e-sports". Gaming is not a sport. And this push to try to make "e-sports" a thing just strikes me as people desperate to point to it and say to their fathers "See, dad? It is a legitimate pastime!"
Aris Khandr said:
get over yourself, not insist that "it's an e-sport". No one is buying that nonsense, except other people who need their fragile egos fluffed.
Are poker and chess really trying to claim that they are sports? Because if so, yeah, they're not sports either.
The term "sport" has lots of different definitions, and what exactly constitutes a "sport" is a difficult question to answer and a subject of debate. If you don't believe gaming or chess are sports then that's all well and dandy, but don't say "Gaming is not a sport" as if that opinion is a fact, and it's incredibly unfair to push negative stereotypes onto other people just because their view of what constitutes a sport is different to yours.

Fredvdp

Apr 9, 2009
People who complain about kill-steals in a co-op game. I don't care who kills an enemy as long as it's dead.

Angry Juju said:
The ones who ***** about games which aren't running higher than 30-45fps, they're spoiled brats as far as i'm concerned.
I'm one of those people who likes a good framerate. I turn down graphic settings if it gets me a higher framerate up until 60. I noticed my skills increase a lot if I go from 45 to 60 fps in fast-paced action games. I can tolerate 30 fps in sim or strategy games.

I don't ***** about it, though, since I rarely play games that run at 30-45 fps. I did play some console games this generation, but those are mainly Wii games, which despite the dated hardware often run at 60 fps.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
People who insult and attack other players for no reason at all.

'HeY LoL Ur MuM wAs a PoTat0 in BeDD L4St Nite xDDDD!!1'

Shit like that.

Aug 19, 2010
Elitists. Especially PC elitists, because I also exclusively play PC (i'm gonna buy the next-gen xbox when it comes out) and because of this very vocal minority (I hope) ALL PC gamers lose face, for example when discussing consoles with a classmate about a year ago, he asked me what console i play, i replied that i only play PC, and he immediately called me out on it and started to rage about all the "master race" bullshit thats going on. I swear most of us aren't that bad, but those elitists really should just bury themselves

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
JeffBergGold said:
Hardcore: That guy who plays the game beyond its original means.
I honestly hope to god you're talking about the people who do this and then brag relentlessly about it. Constantly.

Because playing a game, making it more challenging than it would be under normal conditions, finding new ways to win outside of the intended design, and feeling good about it are not inherently bad. What can I say? It's fun to do things like "no main character runs" all the way up to Baal and Prinny Baal in the Disgaea games.

Deathmageddon

Nov 1, 2011
Fanboys - Pretty much every system is good, except (arguably) Wii and Vita. Period.

COD Haters - It's like hating on the NFL for not being Citizen Kane. We just want a game to pass the time.

Feb 28, 2008
Matthew94 said:
Hardcore gamers, fuck that shit.

99% of you all are casual, just fucking admit it.
Just people who differentiate between "hardcore" and "casual" ... and even people who use the term "gamers" in serious discussion. Those are the kind of people who most annoy me.

I wouldn't describe myself as a "film watcher" or "reader", though I'm interested in those pursuits. And in every medium the distinction between high and low art is imaginary; as it is in video gaming.

EDIT: Also, don't take this as a remark on you, Matthew94, just using your comment as a springboard for my own ...

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Moonlight Butterfly said:
People who play COD and Madden and play sports as well as game.

THERE I SAID IT. ARE YOU HAPPY.

I'm a bad person I know. :(

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/5546-Some-Kind-of-Geek
Hey, I play a variety of games (mainly RPGs), I've table-top gamed, and I play Magic. I also happen to like some sports and enjoy playing their video game equivalent. WHY DO YOU HATE ME? D:

Living_Brain

When in doubt, overclock
Feb 8, 2012
Those who consider themselves a god. Also certain newbs that start millions of threads instead of looking for the answer that has already been answered. Also, those who have great specs and ask, "is this good enough?" and quote their top-of-the-line specs.

And those who complain too much.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Brazilians (using this term to describe BM Latin American gits on MOBA games), fratboys who only play COD, and 13 year old kids who think they're awesome because they play newest COD on XBL.

Caverat

Jun 11, 2010
I don't like entitled cunts, you know the type, people who think that they somehow deserve to pirate a piece of software because company X did Y. It's completely childish. People who pirate when they otherwise could legally obtain software are spoiled children.

The worst are the ones who take it beyond that, and act like they are some underdog standing up to an evil regime, trying to claim a halo for their inherent dishonesty.